Sequels How many powers would you like Rogue to absorb in X4?

What's with that? I liked that style. And I loved that episode where she gets mad, controlling all powers she absorbed... exposed in a creative way, indeed.
I can't remember its title... anybody know?
Me loves me my sexy Rogue :( It makes her drama even deeper when she's a sexy bomb, who can't be touched. Goth Rogue was weird.

The name of the episode is Self Possessed. Indeed a great one.

I think the goth Rogue was good. Was just a new vision of the character, and that's is always wellcome. That's what makes a character a good one, that can have multiple versions.

I think Evo Rogue was a great Rogue, a young one, but great everyway.

he was already holding her, wasn't he?:huh:

He is holding her close by the arm, but he isn't touching her skin until he places his other hand on top of her head.

He is holding her close by the arm, but he isn't touching her skin until he places his other hand on top of her head.
Indeed, in X3, Rogue takes less than 2 seconds to absorb and show Colossus power.

don't talk more about that part of the movie, I don't like it, hehe.

How many powers she absorbed in each movie? we should make a rank, to compare.

don't talk more about that part of the movie, I don't like it, hehe.

How many powers she absorbed in each movie? we should make a rank, to compare.
X1: Wolverine, Magneto.
X2: Pyro, Iceman.
X3: Colossus.

I actually think the X3 scene might be her best power scene of the trilogy, If it was made to be a "Rogue moment". They could have the camera showing her skin transform to metal in a close-up, and then she could spend at least some 5 seconds in metal form. She should be the one who touches Colossus, and not him "pitifully" touching her. Also, the effects could be a lot better. It's undoubtedly the worst effect scene of the movie.
Just imagine the X2 scene happening on Rogue's body. It would have been awesome x1000.

One more thing related to Rogue and her powers, I would LOVE if the first X-Men movie followed the original script. Rogue had a much more active role, absorbing Mystique to defeat Magneto by kissing him. Now that would be good to see. Although the movie we got has a beautiful, touching scene when Logan "ressurects" Rogue.

X1: Wolverine, Magneto.
X2: Pyro, Iceman.
X3: Colossus.

I actually think the X3 scene might be her best power scene of the trilogy, If it was made to be a "Rogue moment". They could have the camera showing her skin transform to metal in a close-up, and then she could spend at least some 5 seconds in metal form. She should be the one who touches Colossus, and not him "pitifully" touching her. Also, the effects could be a lot better. It's undoubtedly the worst effect scene of the movie.
Just imagine the X2 scene happening on Rogue's body. It would have been awesome x1000.

One more thing related to Rogue and her powers, I would LOVE if the first X-Men movie followed the original script. Rogue had a much more active role, absorbing Mystique to defeat Magneto by kissing him. Now that would be good to see. Although the movie we got has a beautiful, touching scene when Logan "ressurects" Rogue.

I'm about ready to give up. From the sound of things, you seem to just want an uber Rogue-centric movie where she's the hero nad carries the load.

And had they gone with that X-1 ending... then it would have been crap.

I'm about ready to give up. From the sound of things, you seem to just want an uber Rogue-centric movie where she's the hero nad carries the load.

And had they gone with that X-1 ending... then it would have been crap.
:confused:

I want an uber-powered Rogue? Okay, if you think so. That's almost the oposite of what I want. What I want is an active Rogue, not a whining one.

Just because I think her scene in X3 could be great if well-done cinematographically, or because I'd actually enjoy if In X1 she didn't just stand around crying, I want an uber-powerful Rogue? Yeah, right, then just give up.

And if you had actually read even the beginning of my X4 script (which you can't find now) you'd see Rogue is probably the 4th character in importance. I fully realize she's not even one of the main characters. Gambit, Cyclops and Storm all come before her. It doesn't hurt thoguh, if she has 1, and I mean only 1, scene in which she's actually a full X-Men and does something instead of run around screaming.
After all, Rogue might be anything but a "Rogue" in these movies. This word doesn't apply to her at all. It's time to change that.

Agreed with you, falvio. Rogue deservea a better and more active role next time, she has to take decisions, with her power, she has to absorbe people more often. Be more like comic Rogue, is what all the fans want, so if a few "fans" don't want that is because they don't like Rogue at all.

Sorry to slightly change subject, but who voted Beast????

hehe, I personally wouldn't like to see Anna turning into a kind of beast.

It would something more from the Buffy series or other series/films like that.

Flavio, maybe you would like to see something like this...

or am I wrong? hehe

Hehe that'd be nice. (I mean the power, but a big no to Rogue making kiss of life on Scott and actually burning her hands.)

I just measured the amount of time it takes from skin contact to target reaction (Bobby opening his eyes during the kiss, etc.) for every non-instantanious absorption. Here's the time it takes for Rogue to begin absorbing powers:

X1

Logan in the bedroom: instantly
Magneto: instantly
Logan after the final battle: 24.07 seconds (of course, those were special circumstances)

X2

Bobby when they kiss: 6.33 seconds
Pyro outside Bobby's house: not really clear; less than 2 seconds; possibly instantly

X3
Colossus: instantly

It seems that in the movies, she has some minor control over her powers. When she wants to, as we saw with Bobby, she can block absorption for up to 6 seconds. I'm guessing this is something she learned over time, since she wasn't able to block Magneto's powers in X1.

On the other hand, we saw in all three movies that when she wants to, she can absorb powers instantly (or at the very least in X2, almost instantly). My guess is that she has a little bit of control over it, but not much. I don't mind that trait, but I think that Singer gave her just a little too much control in X2: the kiss should have lasted about half as long, IMO.

Yeah, the kiss did drag a lot of time.
It's not that I mind seeing Shawn Ashmore in a makeout scene... :cwink: Even so, it might have been a better for Rogue's character if she could control it for only like 2-3 seconds instead of 6.

It's possible that being in Leech's vicinity could negate the effects of her being cured. Just a thought.

It's possible that being in Leech's vicinity could negate the effects of her being cured. Just a thought.
That's exactly what I always thought. See guys? The comics can give a background on why the cure doesn't last on Rogue. :oldrazz:

Hehe that'd be nice. (I mean the power, but a big no to Rogue making kiss of life on Scott and actually burning her hands.)

maybe Rogue kissing him not, but I like the idea of her salving Scott. I think they should show that Rogue can do many things, and between them, salve the life of someone when is needed. I mean, show that she is useful in the team and in the society.

And apart from that, it seems that something like this is what most of the voters want:

None. They should have a storyline where she travels home to tell her parents she's normal and dies in a horrible accident en route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"