• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man How pissed would you be?

TheSlag

Avenger
Reaction score
Smiple question.

How pissed/disappointed would you be if the villain is NOT the Lizard in SM4?

I don't really know right now. I mean I was kinda hoping for the Lizard in SM3 but now I honestly just want a good movie to make up for the last one

I would be very disappointed simply because this is the next villain and story I expected to see. Dylan Baker has languished for three movies now. Being mentioned in SM1 to showing up in SM2 to actually being more involved in SM3. His character has always been interesting to me and I would finally like to see his adaptation on the big screen.

If they have a better story and villain in mind then so be it but it's time to establish Dylan Baker as a major player.

It depends.

If we don't get the Lizard, but get other good villains like Electro or Mysterio, then I'll be happy. However, if the Lizard is shunned for more inferior villains like Chameleon, or Kraven, or Vulture, then I'll be very pissed off.

Not pissed at all. I really don't see how this kind of character could carry a summer blockbuster as the villain. *shrug*

I'd be more pissed if they gave me the impression it was never going to happen. There should be some progression of the character in SM4 if he is not the villian.

[A];17087493 said:
I wouldn't be as pissed as Dylan Baker, that's for sure

Exactly. So many times before Spider-Man 3, Raimi gave hints about the Lizard, and then after S-M 3, we were given hints to Lizard.

I don't know about you, but maybe Dylan Baker should stop being Dr. Connors if he's given a broken promise to be Lizard for S-M 4.

I'd be disappointed because he's one of the classic villains that i'd like to see make an appearance on the big screen.And as Spiderine says with how he's been gradually introduced in the films he seems well suited to be promoted from supporting character.

However if doesn't happen i won't be burning Sam Raimi effigies, jumpin off a bridge or anything like that.:hehe:

Depends on the villain and the story. The Lizard is a logical choice, however the NY clue makes me think it might not be him. At least not as the main villains. Like I said in another thread, I'm thinking right now it's Mysterio with the Lizard possibly playing a role.

If the Lizard is not involved at all, but Mysterio is the villain, I won't be mad. Mysterio is a great villain choice. However, like others have said, if we get Scorpion, Electro, Shocker, Rhino, etc. and no Lizard, then I'll be a bit disappionted.

I would be somewhat disappointed since Connors has been seen or mentioned in all three movies. If the villain was Electro or Scorpion then I wouldn't be very upset.

Not mad, but a bit disappointed. They've set up Dr. Connors in the last two so it'd be nice to get the ball rolling for the character, but if other villains could be set up and executed more properly then I'm all for the Lizard not showing up.

Depends on who the main villain is.

Yup....but honestly given the right circumstances, any villain can be a good or bad choice. It all depends on the story telling of the film.

I will admit that Lizard is my first choice. Spidey's big 3 viallains (Goblin, Ock, Venom) are already out of the way, and Lizard the best of what's left IMO.

Given the fact that...
A. Raimi likes sympathetic villains that are tied to Peter in some way,
B. We've teased him this enire time. I think even non-comic fans may have a curiosity about this one armed professor of Peter's.
...I would be surprised if 4 passed on him.

I also feel that if we use a 2nd villain in addition to Lizard, it would be unwise to pass on Kraven. It all seems like a logical next step to me.

I guess we'll see.

That's a good question, and quite frankly I wouldn't be pissed... I think it would not surprise me any. Spiderine & Retroman summed it up well. I just think Sam does not make those logical moves forward or progression of characters.

I would be disappointed, but not surprised either. I'm sorry, I just don't have any faith in Raimi, like others do. That's more of a disappointment for me. :(

I wouldn't be pissed at all. I really do want the Lizard in S-M4 though.

I would be very bummed,I was exited when he was gonna be in SM2 with Doc Ock,then disappointed when they decided to cut him out,then really disappointed when he wasn't in SM3.

I want the Lizard. He is my first choice, and IMO, the obvious choice. If he's not in it, I would be a little confused about why he isn't, but it wouldn't hinder my anticipation and excitemnet for the movie.

That depends if the villain is still one of my favorites. If it's Scorpion, Shocker or Rhino, I'm totally cool.

I don't want Shocker or Rhino. I would love to see Scorpion if Lizard isn't in the movie.

i wouldn't be pissed necesarily depending on the villain they use. the best bet is to have lizard and kraven or whoever in 4 and 5 and 6 should be a 2 parter with the sinister 6 where we actually see mj and peter get married since they already confirmed that won't be happening in 4. if they didnt' use lizard and used somebody like scorpion or somebody that you don't have an entire story about, then it makes me wonder if it'll be as good as the others. after seeing drag me to hell by sam i have every hope he would use lizard and put some real scares in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"