• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

How strong is Wonderman?

UK_Stu

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was re-reading some old West Coast Avengers comics the other day and came across an issue where Wonderman was fighting the Abomination, and matching him. How strong is Wonderman? I was under the impression the Abomination was one of the strongest in the MU?

A question I can sort of Answer!!! Ok, my memory fails me, but i'm pretty sure because Wonderman is MADE of ionic energy, it makes him a limitless source of power. He can absorb and deliver powerful blows simply because he isn't made of flesh and blood any more, but rather ionic energy.

If anyone else knows that is wrong, or knows something I missed out, i'd be interested to know as well... I LOVE Wonderman:O

Sentry2005 said:
A question I can sort of Answer!!! Ok, my memory fails me, but i'm pretty sure because Wonderman is MADE of ionic energy, it makes him a limitless source of power. He can absorb and deliver powerful blows simply because he isn't made of flesh and blood any more, but rather ionic energy.

If anyone else knows that is wrong, or knows something I missed out, i'd be interested to know as well... I LOVE Wonderman:O

Ok, how does he compare with some of the other strong marvel characters?

The last time I checked he was equal to the Thing in strength. One or both may have gotten stronger since then though.

A sidenote: The Abomination while able to lift 100 tons, can't do it repeatedly so he wasn't put in Class 100 or whatever they're calling it these days. :venom:

UK_Stu said:
Ok, how does he compare with some of the other strong marvel characters?

I think he's quite high up, like someone already said I think he's EASILY in the same league as the thing, probably stronger. I think its easiest to explain his powers by the fact he is basically energy, and his potential is limitless. Here's his wiki entry:

wikipedia said:
Initially, as empowered by Baron Zemo, Wonder Man possessed superhuman strength and endurance that were comparable with Giant Man. After his first "death", his powers increased significantly while in stasis, increasing his strength to about 95 tons. Since then, through intensive training, Wonder Man's strength has increased yet again, placing him in the "Class 100" strength level, enabling him to lift over 100 tons. Wonder Man also possesses superhuman speed but initially could not fly of his own power.

After his revival, he gained a belt that featured a pair of rockets that tapped into his ionic power to give him the ability of flight. Without the belt, he could not fly, but eventually learned to leap great distances like the Hulk. After he was exposed to the energies of a Nega-Bomb in "Operation Galactic Storm", his powers entered a state of flux that lasted until his second "death" in combat with the Kree. At one point during this state of flux, energy erupted from his body and temporarily empowered a group of his non-superpowered friends and associates, who were briefly known as the "Crazy Eight".

During an epic battle against Mephisto, he learned that his body made of ionic energy was able to do far more than he first fathomed. Among other things, he learned that he could fly by himself by projecting energy from his lower body. After that, he was killed by the Kree (see bio above and trivia below), and his atoms were dispersed worldwide. His body was later reformed by the Scarlet Witch. His body was now clearly in its natural state, a form of ionic energy.

Basically, he's pretty uber :)

Wonderman is equal if not stronger than the Thing, and the Thing is class 100.

and for the past couple of years we havent seen him.

I thought Thing was Class 85. When did he get an upgrade?

Apprentice said:
I thought Thing was Class 85. When did he get an upgrade?
he constantly absorb cosmic radiation so he does get stronger with age for all we know by the time he is 80 he could lift 200 tons

According to the Official Handbook of the MU he's able to lift 95 tons.

the thing cant lift 200 tons... period.
wondermans stronger than the thing by the way. Abomination is stronger than wonderman. abomination rivals the hulk in strength, until the hulk gets mad, which makes his power pretty much limitless.

again with the irrational assumptions^. i like you.lmao

leaguer hasnt got here yet so im gona say it:

i once saw him lift a car. so im gona say 1 tonne, maybe 2 when stretched.
am i close??

I can answer this. WonderMan is listed at class 75. This is from 80s-90's Marvel Universe comics.

but recently according to this bit of info i found on wikipedia...

Powers and abilities
Initially, as empowered by Baron Zemo, Wonder Man possessed superhuman strength and endurance that were comparable with Giant Man. After his first "death", his powers increased significantly while in stasis, increasing his strength to about 95 tons. Since then, through intensive training, Wonder Man's strength has increased yet again, placing him in the "Class 100" strength level, enabling him to lift over 100 tons. Wonder Man also possesses superhuman speed but initially could not fly of his own power. After his revival, he gained a belt that featured a pair of rockets that tapped into his ionic power to give him the ability of flight. Without the belt, he could not fly, but eventually learned to leap great distances like the Hulk. After he was exposed to the energies of a Nega-Bomb in "Operation Galactic Storm", his powers entered a state of flux that lasted until his second "death" in combat with the Kree. At one point during this state of flux, energy erupted from his body and temporarily empowered a group of his non-superpowered friends and associates, who were briefly known as the "Crazy Eight". During an epic battle against Mephisto, he learned that his body made of ionic energy was able to do far more than he first fathomed. Among other things, he learned that he could fly by himself by projecting energy from his lower body. After that, he was killed by the Kree (see bio above and trivia below), and his atoms were dispersed worldwide. His body was later reformed by the Scarlet Witch. His body was now clearly in its natural state, a form of ionic energy.

The Cleric said:
, until the hulk gets mad, which makes his power pretty much limitless.
no hulk is weaker than Him until he gets mad

ObakeTora said:
I can answer this. WonderMan is listed at class 75. This is from 80s-90's Marvel Universe comics.

but recently according to this bit of info i found on wikipedia...

Powers and abilities
Initially, as empowered by Baron Zemo, Wonder Man possessed superhuman strength and endurance that were comparable with Giant Man. After his first "death", his powers increased significantly while in stasis, increasing his strength to about 95 tons. Since then, through intensive training, Wonder Man's strength has increased yet again, placing him in the "Class 100" strength level, enabling him to lift over 100 tons. Wonder Man also possesses superhuman speed but initially could not fly of his own power. After his revival, he gained a belt that featured a pair of rockets that tapped into his ionic power to give him the ability of flight. Without the belt, he could not fly, but eventually learned to leap great distances like the Hulk. After he was exposed to the energies of a Nega-Bomb in "Operation Galactic Storm", his powers entered a state of flux that lasted until his second "death" in combat with the Kree. At one point during this state of flux, energy erupted from his body and temporarily empowered a group of his non-superpowered friends and associates, who were briefly known as the "Crazy Eight". During an epic battle against Mephisto, he learned that his body made of ionic energy was able to do far more than he first fathomed. Among other things, he learned that he could fly by himself by projecting energy from his lower body. After that, he was killed by the Kree (see bio above and trivia below), and his atoms were dispersed worldwide. His body was later reformed by the Scarlet Witch. His body was now clearly in its natural state, a form of ionic energy.

See my earlier post. 'According to the Official Handbook of the MU he's able to lift 95 tons'.

You can't get anymore 'official' than that. ;) :D

Plus lets not forget class 95 does not really mean 95 tons as you see them lift 600 tons during some feats. The class 100 is ridiculous in itself as in most cases just means an upper limit which is so high it is meaningless.

It has been stated in comics occuring after the official hanbook that he is equal to or greater than Thor

Which comics? He's always shown as a secondary powerhouse in the Avengers comics I've read, more on Iron Man's level than Thor's.

wonderman is not as strong as thor...geez, where do people get that crap from?

The Cleric said:
wonderman is not as strong as thor...geez, where do people get that crap from?

I'll see if I have time later and research some issues.

I'd say Thor is stronger then Wonderman. Wondermans ionic energy makes him more immortal then strong. I could be totally wrong because i don't know much about Wonderman, nor do i really care for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"