How would you do Green Lantern on Smallville?

Which Green Lantern would you use?? Can't be Hal Jordan....he'd have to be much older than Clark as a test pilot.

no Hal and Clark are basiaclly the same age. If it's not Hal then John Stewart

well since jl/jlu used john-the failed jl movie wanted to use john his rights are probably tied up still. Same goes with hal with the hal gl film on the verge of starting soon. If smallville got to use a gl i think they would be forced to only use kyle who isnt doing anything right now i believe, and guy.

Which Green Lantern would you use?? Can't be Hal Jordan....he'd have to be much older than Clark as a test pilot.
no Hal and Clark are basically the same age. If it's not Hal then John Stewart
Smallville continuity isn't really the same as comic continuity. The show has its own time line.
But if anyone asks, their explanation could be that the GL ring keeps him younger (slows his aging) or maybe its the combination of being out in space and using the ring.
Or they could always go the Magneto rout, from the comics, and have a different character make him younger though their alien technology or something.

Personally I like the idea that he has so much Green Lantern energy coursing though his vains that it slows down his again to a near stop.

But i would also love to have him say something about joining the proto-JLA next time he comes to Earth. And Hal meeting Oliver and Bart too.

smallvillegreenlanterncopy.jpg

:ST: Baggers :ST:

Thanx ironman29758, glad you like :) was going for the GA's Justic League kinda outfit the way I can see it in the Smallville universe :)

:ST: Baggers :ST:

yea looks good though i would drop the glasses gl wouldnt need glasses just do glowing eyes.

Maybe, Kyle Rayner gets the Power ring from the forms of Green Kryptinite will save Clark Kent from his enemies. Green Lantern will get rid of all Kryptinite with his Magic Power ring. The Power Ring will have no "GL Symbol" just a form of Kryptinite. Im saving all the Secret Origins of Green Lantern for the upcoming "GL Movie" so it can make ahead start.

Kyle Rayner will not be wearing a Green Lantern costume from his Power Ring he will have a green elements of Meteors from Kryptinite affecting it, and which affects the ring so no enemy will harm his best friend Clark Kent.

their is no reason to go and make a gl power ring be made out of kryptonite, its meant to be what an emarld stone or something i believe.

Much as I would love to see GL on SV, I think it may be too big of a story to cover in a one hour episode.

could be but with the right story it could be done heck if cartoons could do it in a 22min span i dont see why a 40-45min show couldnt do it decently too.

Since this is WB after all with their ***tty policy and GL been greenlighted (pun intended) we will not see GL on Smallville anytime soon. Their thing about no DC character cannot be both on tv or movie.

Much as I would love to see GL on SV, I think it may be too big of a story to cover in a one hour episode.

Another reason why my idea was set up the way it was.
Things such as Oa, the Guardians, the full power of his ring, his costume, the Corps, and Hal's story, would be hinted at
adding fuel to the GL fire. Creating more demand for the GL movie or TV show or comic.

I think it should be reminiscient of what happened in the superman tas episode except John Stewart would be the Green Lantern and Abin Sur comes to Earth, warning John about an impending 'doom'(if you know what I mean) that the Earth will face and he will have to track it and destroy it leading to Davis, however Sinestro appears and John thinks it's him and fights him. Now as for how Clark fits in, he looks for John and attempts to help John

well its true if the gl film does get filming this year and smallville does get the official call for a 9th season yea hal jordan gl is likely not on the table though kyle or guy whos rights are not currently tied up in anything big could likely be used still.

I wouldn't do him at all. He'd probably rock some lame leather outfit, wear shades, and his powers would look lame. Best if they leave GL to the big screen where smallville can't "Bring him down to earth"

smallville could probably do something really nice with any gl character its not that hard to bring in the character and make him fit in smallville's world. And since we have costumed heroes, and more alien action going on it wouldnt be to hard to believe a gl. Just limit what his powers due for budget reasons, have a good plot for why he is in metropolis/smallville area and maybe throw in some known humiod gl villain that could be adapted into smallville for the episode's threat.

very cool Baggers

Thanx Lane & Kent :)

I wouldn't do him at all. He'd probably rock some lame leather outfit, wear shades, and his powers would look lame. Best if they leave GL to the big screen where smallville can't "Bring him down to earth"

I bet your not a fan of my "Smallville" look then :p lol. As a big fan of GL the image I did wouldn't be how I'd design GL but how I see Smallville to make him look (just by the look of the heroes we already seen on Smallville). To me I always thought a pure energy "demi-god" style look would work (like Dr Manhattan from Watchmen but with a green glow) or an organic looking suit, a suit that looks like it's alive (something that looks alive very much like the Venom Symbiote from Spider-man) would look cool.

I'd love to see GL on Smallville if not guess I gotta wait till he's big screen debut (whenever that's gonnabe lol)...

Thanx Lane & Kent :)

I bet your not a fan of my "Smallville" look then :p lol. As a big fan of GL the image I did wouldn't be how I'd design GL but how I see Smallville to make him look (just by the look of the heroes we already seen on Smallville). To me I always thought a pure energy "demi-god" style look would work (like Dr Manhattan from Watchmen but with a green glow) or an organic looking suit, a suit that looks like it's alive (something that looks alive very much like the Venom Symbiote from Spider-man) would look cool.

I'd love to see GL on Smallville if not guess I gotta wait till he's big screen debut (whenever that's gonnabe lol)...
when you saw Dr Manhattan from Watchmen but with a green glow do you mean:

StanLeeGreenLantern01.jpg

Well,
If Hal is part of the GL Corps, and the GL Corps is an alien organization,
then maybe they could give him a suit that looks different from the costumes worn by the members of the JLA, even if its for a brief few seconds before he changes it to civilian clothing (in order to hide undercover).

though would cost a pretty penny for smallville folks to do. I still say if a gl were to happen just have his eyes glow green in a few scenes, and limit his power rang to laser blasts/shield and maybe a scene were its a glove or a claw to grab someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"