How would you do Green Lantern on Smallville?

though would cost a pretty penny for smallville folks to do. I still say if a gl were to happen just have his eyes glow green in a few scenes, and limit his power rang to laser blasts/shield and maybe a scene were its a glove or a claw to grab someone.

Yeah I know the Green "pure energy" Lantern wouldn't work on Smallville just thought that look would be cool to see GL in. As we know if we got GL on Smallville he'll have a make shift JL looking suit. Also your idea would work well cause it's budget friendly and also makes him fit in more to Clark's Smallville world.

Thanx Lane & Kent :)

I bet your not a fan of my "Smallville" look then :p lol. As a big fan of GL the image I did wouldn't be how I'd design GL but how I see Smallville to make him look (just by the look of the heroes we already seen on Smallville). To me I always thought a pure energy "demi-god" style look would work (like Dr Manhattan from Watchmen but with a green glow) or an organic looking suit, a suit that looks like it's alive (something that looks alive very much like the Venom Symbiote from Spider-man) would look cool.

I'd love to see GL on Smallville if not guess I gotta wait till he's big screen debut (whenever that's gonnabe lol)...

How would you design GL?

How would you design GL?

Well I have a couple of ideas how I would design GL:

1) Dr Manhattan pure energy "demi-god" style

2) Organic looking suit, a suit that looks like it's alive (something that looks alive very much like the Venom Symbiote from Spider-man)

3) I'm a fan of Kyle Rayner in he's Ion form:

Ion-20060124115140093.jpg

I like this image, I like the blacked out face, and the way the black parts of the suit show stars...maybe a mix of Ion and Thom Kallor Starman, would be cool:

414px-New_starman.jpg

:)

Those are cool Baggers, but I perfer the JLU GL uniform.

Thanx, my mind is always buzzing with ideas...most of the time aren't good ones tho lol,

The John Stewart or Hal Jordan GL JLU uniform??

would be interesting looks but we know with budget reasons we will if we got a gl either see him in a ollie's justic league style outfit or maybe just wearing some green and black cloths.

would be interesting looks but we know with budget reasons we will if we got a gl either see him in a ollie's justic league style outfit or maybe just wearing some green and black cloths.

Yeah, but at the same time I wouldn't mind GL in a "Clark Kent" style outfit (the famous blue/red jacket lol), to see GL in normal civilian clothes (e.g. Hal's leather flight jacket), very much like Artistsean idea. All you need is for the ring to be shown and have it glow green (very much like how the show makes the Kryptonite glow green: but maybe not too much the same effect, cause we don't want the non GL fans to think it's a Kryptonite powered ring lol).

Hal: 'Ring confirms alien biology'
Clark: 'what?'
Hal: 'You think you are the only alien on the planet? Where do you think I got this ring from, Macy's?'
hahaha, I completely see this happening.
I know it won't happen but if the Green Lantern was on Smallville.
How would the story play out?
Which Green Lantern would you use?
Would he have a costume? and what would it look like?
In other words how would you "Smallville-ize" Green Lanterm?
P.S This is just for fun.
Well, this is a good question, IMO. Of course I would want Hal Jordan but if he is really GL well, give him a ring AND a suit. If not let him be Hal Jordan, with his usual jacket, no need of putting green into this, pilot for Ferris Aircraft or in a more smallville way, personal pilot of Oliver Queen. That would be the beginning of their friendship. A man without fear and without a ring. I would not mind.
Personally, I think the screw it when they brought Cyborg on board. Cyborg ?!?!?! Come on. It would have been soooooooo easy to introduce John Stewart. The guy is a military, sniper, and we have seen a lot of militaries in Smallville, or soldiers, working for the government or Special unit, or Luthor, etc, etc ... There were a lot of opportunities. Make him be GL WITHOUT the ring. Something like the guy is in the army but is used by Luthor's facilities to do experiments, he thinks he is right but Clark shows him the other way and they fight Luthor. He hates jewels, thinks he will never wear any ring, and that's it. Or maybe at the end of the episode, because of his courage and his no-fear a green ring come and grab him into hyper space. And the guy playing Cyborg would have made a good J.Stewart, IMO. And instead of seeing this beautiful pic from "justice" with the entire JL of Smallville with cyborg, we would have gotten GL.
I'm thinking about something else : Luthor makes experiments on alien and when John and Clarks discover thisthey fight together to free the Alien : a big pnk massive alien : Kilowog. Like ... John can use Kilowog ring for a minute or two, or "I will remember you, earth man", says Kilowog. Something like this. I could easily see this happening.
:up:

And quite honestly, I think that was not a mistake to show a GL before. Clark is in smallville and it is already superher-over-populated. Now would be good IMO.For the suit, again I would not do the usual Smallville way, but indeed stuck with the bomber jacket for Hal. For John Stewart, well ... yeah, maybe some black and green would be nice. What I think would be fake, would be to give a proper GL with a proper ring (meaning Hal or John are GL in the show) a fake uniform. Do it completel or don't. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I know it won't happen but if the Green Lantern was on Smallville.

In other words how would you "Smallville-ize" Green Lanterm?

P.S This is just for fun.

This is a good question and a good thread.
Really like myself and Webhead have been saying if PS3 do bring GL in Smallville the only two Green Lanterns they can use are Kyle and Guy. Hal will be GL in the movie, and John's rights are still tied up with the dead JL movie. Actually come to think of it Guy is suppose to be in the GL movie as well.
I wonder if that means his rights would be off the table.

As far as costume would be, I can tell you that it doesn't have to look like Ollie's JL costumes, but the producers will probably make it that way. The thing is Green Lantern's costume comes from his ring. So an easy way out for the producers would be "GL created his costume to blend in better with Ollie and the rest of the League"

As far as story goes. I had the idea in my head that Kyle gets sent to Metropolis for a number of reasons. 1. To find out about this Red and Blue Blur 2. To assist the Blur in stopping Tess's Injustice League, 3. To find Doomsday.

Yea story wise their is tons of potential things they could do for the green lantern in the show, maybe they could get the rights to use a gl villain maybe a human based one or humanize a bit one of the more alien villains.

Well enemy wise was always a fan of:

*The Manhunters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunters

*Star Sapphire: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Sapphire_(comics)

*Black Hand: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hand_(comics)

*Major Force: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Force

Granted most of these might not work too well into a Smallville ep...

Also I found that Hector Hammond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Hammond) could work in a Smallville ep tho, he's origin has something that many fan of Smallville know too well: "Hammond is a petty criminal on the run from the law when he discovers the fragments of a strange meteor in the woods (part of the same meteor that lands in Africa, super-evolving Gorilla Grodd and the other gorillas of Gorilla City)..." Maybe change the part about "Gorilla Grodd" and make it related to the first or second Smallville meteor shower?? I know that would make him more into a "Krypto-freak" but it could well work into a plot and at the same time would be very budget friendly all you need is Kryptonite and maybe a flashback to the meteor shower (if you wanted). If not I would be a fan to see The Manhunters or Black Hand!!

Yea they could probably come up with something good for an episode. And really if a gl was to be in an episode it should feature a gl villain to be the antagiost of the episode.

LANTERN: GREEN LANTERN COMES TO SMALLVILLE! Lois was mysterious saved by the Green Lantern, a new hero that has the ability of controlling his ring to that gives the user great control over the physical world as long as the wielder has sufficient willpower and strength to wield it.

To me, I would use Hal Jordan. In the SV universe, he is a young test pilot, mid/late 20s (around Oliver's age), coming out of Coast City. He happens to look like a younger Paul Newman,have the cocky attitude of Tom Cruise (think Top Gun), and he's unaware of a ring that gives him great control over the physical world as long as he has the willpower and strength to wield it.

SVHal2.jpg

This is my design, it's kinda similar to the JL costumes.

Also, I made a scene of how Clark would meet GL.
SVLanternstill.jpg

Hal: (Sarcastically) That's strange, I never though the mysterious Red and Blue blur would come around night time in Metropolis.

Clark: Who are you and why are you here?

Hal Jordan: I am called the Green Lantern. I believe you must be the Red and Blue blur. Thought I imagine you as being in tights and a cape. ;)

CLARK: It's Clark. You still haven't answered my question; Why are you here in Metropolis?

HAL: Maybe the same answer as in why are YOU here in Metropolis, Clark.

CLARK: What does that mean?

HAL: I came to Metropolis because I wanted to know about the Good Samaritan and it turned out to be you. I want to be like you, Clark.

CLARK: Why?

HAL: Because everybody in the world needs more than a hero saving the world. They need a hero that wants to give hope to the world and I want to be one of them. Maybe you should think about it more, Clark. If you want people start to believe in a hero.

Nice design Derrick9592, love the top part of the suit not sure about the leggings and the sunglasses tho but overall good idea. I like the idea of a cocky test pilot (maybe make him alil older tho, to me I like the idea that Hal's older in this universe maybe like Pa Kent or Martian Manhunter age range fits better to me). The only problem I really have is the set up with Hal and Clark, not a fan of Hal hero worshipping Clark and wannabe under his wing (I know Clark inspires people which is cool and all that but I don't see GL being one of these people well maybe not yet) just feels wrong to me sorry...I like the idea of Hal (or whatever GL you wanna use) on a mission on Earth and bumps into Clark and then they later "team up" aganist this threat...

yea i would drop the sunglasses look it would be too silly, i would just go with glowing eyes.

I'm working on my new reworked concept uniform for a Smallvilled GL and a plot for the ep (or maybe a mini arc) that my GL would appear in, I'm hoping to upload it by the end of the week, it is harder than I thought it would be lol

Hal: 'Ring confirms alien biology'
Clark: 'what?'
Hal: 'You think you are the only alien on the planet? Where do you think I got this ring from, Macy's?'

i like it. and i agree, it'd definitely be cool to see a GL in Smallville. Or maybe if CW did a Justice League spin-off with GA, Flash, Cyborg, AC, Black Canary, and Martian Manhunter.

Hey guy, after alot of thought and lots and lots of concept ideas I have now come up with another possible "Smallvilled" Green Lantern :)

smallvillelantern1copy.jpg

This Lantern costume is a mix of my first Lantern idea (see post #54 on page 3 ;) lol), Hal Jordan's comic book Lantern outfit, alil bit of Star Trek uniforms (TNG/DS9/Voyager) and some elements I liked in Derrick9592's Lantern idea :)

I was also racking my mind over how I would fit GL into Smallville and what the ep would be like, how I would see it all play out, etc...

The first idea I came up with was involving Hector Hammond and him trying to take over Luthorcorp by means of his mind control ability (which in this case was givien to him by the first or second meteor shower), but came across the problem of how I would intro GL into the plot...then my second idea hit me after researching more and more into The Manhunters I came up with an idea. I noticed that The Guardians of the Universe programed The Manhunters with "code of behavior" that were based on the Manhunters of Ma'aleca'andra (Mars). Now thanx to this bit of info and a re-run of an Justice League episode "In Blackest Night". I came up with the idea, what if these Manhunters that have been obsessed with there mission of "No man escapes the Manhunters" and that there programing has become corrupted and twisted what if they wanna hunt down "The Last Martian" and make him pay for a possible past crime or something along these lines?? and with J'onn J'onzz being "human" now needs help. So maybe The Guardians of the Universe send Hal Jordan to Earth to help out?? I know there are many plot holes and things I haven't really thought out much but I got a basic concet going there me thinks :) lol

Hey guy, after alot of thought and lots and lots of concept ideas I have now come up with another possible "Smallvilled" Green Lantern :)

smallvillelantern1copy.jpg

This Lantern costume is a mix of my first Lantern idea (see post #54 on page 3 ;) lol), Hal Jordan's comic book Lantern outfit, alil bit of Star Trek uniforms (TNG/DS9/Voyager) and some elements I liked in Derrick9592's Lantern idea :)

I was also racking my mind over how I would fit GL into Smallville and what the ep would be like, how I would see it all play out, etc...

The first idea I came up with was involving Hector Hammond and him trying to take over Luthorcorp by means of his mind control ability (which in this case was givien to him by the first or second meteor shower), but came across the problem of how I would intro GL into the plot...then my second idea hit me after researching more and more into The Manhunters I came up with an idea. I noticed that The Guardians of the Universe programed The Manhunters with "code of behavior" that were based on the Manhunters of Ma'aleca'andra (Mars). Now thanx to this bit of info and a re-run of an Justice League episode "In Blackest Night". I came up with the idea, what if these Manhunters that have been obsessed with there mission of "No man escapes the Manhunters" and that there programing has become corrupted and twisted what if they wanna hunt down "The Last Martian" and make him pay for a possible past crime or something along these lines?? and with J'onn J'onzz being "human" now needs help. So maybe The Guardians of the Universe send Hal Jordan to Earth to help out?? I know there are many plot holes and things I haven't really thought out much but I got a basic concet going there me thinks :) lol
I love it.:up:

I think you could have a great storyline with Kyle Rayner and Clark, since Kyle would be the slacker who had his powers given to him and Clark is the one who actually grew up with his powers and would probably feel entitled to take the ring away from Kyle, on the basis that he's an immature guy that wouldn't know what to do with it.

I totally see Clark getting all self righteous on a young inexperienced Green Lantern, even if he himself is not experienced but hey. That never stopped him before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"