How would you have done Spider-Man 4?

Ultron-5

Sidekick
Reaction score
If you wrote Spider-Man 4, what would your script have in it? Who would the villain(s) be? Would it be the final film in the Raimi series or would it lead into a Spider-Man 5? How would you right the wrongs of Spider-Man 3?

Last edited:
I'd have it be the final movie in the series.

Lizard and Black Cat would be in it.
Have a Peter, MJ and Felica love triangle.
Peter and MJ would marry at the end of it.
Connors helps Peter in Spidey 3, now Peter would help him in the 4th.
Have Connors have a relationship with his son and wife.

Good thread. Keep the ideas coming.

I'd try and adhere to a theme like Raimi did. The obvious way to follow revenge/forgiveness would to be extend that to acceptance and redemption. Pair Peter up with Dr. Connors, and have them bond over their strained relations at home. Connors is struggling in his marriage, and becomes obsessed with regrowing his arm as a means to fix his life.

Peter sees his future self in his mentor, and worries that he too is doomed in love. Him and MJ are stable, but attending couples' councelling to repair the damage caused in the last film. While Mary Jane appears to be pretty content, Peter can't shake his fears and is looking for a big fix of his own.

Connors' experiments fail, and -shock twist- turns him into a giant lizard. Kraven the Hunter, a TV game hunter, is in town and vows to hunt the creature. He is charismatic and ruthless. Spider-Man finds himself caught between protecting the city and the beast that threatens it, all while Kraven's public exploits begin to shake the trust in our hero.

Throughout the film we see Peter struggle to accept his past mistakes and move on. This would be reflected in Dr. Connors' dangerous attempts to "fix" his life, and mirrored by Kraven, a man who views life with reckless abandon. Spider-Man will eventually regain his trust in himself and the city, personalised by Dewolf, a skeptical cop who will be swayed by the events of the film.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. It seems like a fairly ripe theme. Timely too. I envision a touch of self-awareness to the redemption angle.

Honestly, I've never gotten the fan fascination with a Kraven vs. Lizard storyline. The two characters have no history, so there's no comic basis. Personally I think it would water the two characters down since it would make one unnecessarily. sympathetic. The Lizard should be a total menace, with Spidey fighting to save the man inside, not the creature outside, which he'd be doing if Kraven were involved.

And making Kraven a TV celeb is too cliche I think. If anything he should be so extreme that he's completely against the structure of our "civilization". Which I think would be a great basis for a Kraven film. First, he want to destroy Spider-Man the unconquered hero of this society, and then he'd want to destroy civilization itself, making it more like the jungle he's already mastered. Maybe his plan could be to make people more primitive and animalistic via serum or the like. This could give Spidey a bigger threat to deal with.

I would have it be another one shot story that could have been the end of the series, or lead into another film, it would have pretty much been like 1 and 3, closing the door of a story, but leaving it open for another adventure if it was needed.

While he's not my first choice, i'm more inclined to going with Raimi's original ideas of having Vulture as the main villain, with Black Cat as secondary. Peter and Mary Jane are reconciling their relationship and more scenes would be present in order to develop their chemistry. Black Cat could be the one trying to make Peter wanting to become Spider-Man full time, like it was originaly going to be like in Spider-Man 2.

Not sure what the theme would be, maybe taking the easy way and escaping daily life problems, the Vulture for example seemed to tie into this idea. This time the villain would need to fight with witts, Black Cat could form the more physical threat, while everything the Vulture does is to achieve his oun objectives and he could look for ways to not enter into direct conflict with Spider-Man or the police.

If Raimi was wiling to forget this idea in favor of a Kraven/ Lizard centric movie, it would probably be easier for them to write the story, but it would be preferable for Kraven to survive in order for him to later be present in a Sinister Six movie and probably do a bit of Kraven's Last Hunt.

They established Dr. Connors in the 2nd and 3rd, so I think it's easy to say The Lizard for Spider-Man 4. I would keep him the only villain, while trying to establish a villain for the future(possibly Vulture?). You could introduce Felicia Hardy and Randy Robertson is some minor roles. Keep the movie simple like the first Spider-Man.

The film would have started with Peter waking up and that Spider-Man 3 never happened and it was a dream and it takes place after Spider-Man 2 not 3

SM3:

-Have a new villain (Kraven) show up out of nowhere to face Spider-Man.

-Spider-Man is defeated by Kraven,Kraven uses a dart drugged with poison to knock Spider-Man out.Then Kraven buries Spider-Man alive.

-Kraven takes Spider-Man's costume and pretends to be Spider-Man to prove he is a better Spider-Man than the original Spider-Man.

-Kraven as Spider-Man takes out the mob and other criminals,and even kills some of them to make Spider-Man into a murderer.Even the mob now wants spider-man dead,because Adrian Toomes who is a mob boss thinks spider-man has killed his son.

-Kraven goes into the sewers and hunts down the Lizard who is killing people and eating them.

-Peter Parker wakes up and digs out of his grave,and faces his new world.Peter Parker sees a package with his name on it.When Peter opens it,Peter sees his costume inside of it,and a map to where Kraven is.

-Spider-Man goes to Kraven,and before they fight.Kraven tells him how he has become a better spider-man than he has.Kraven says he took out the mob,and defeated the Lizard,two things that spider-man couldn't do.

-Kraven shows spider-man the Lizard who is locked in a cage.Kraven says they are all three gonna fight to the death,and that only one of them will survive,and be the ultimate hunter.

-Three way fight where everyone is against everyone.Spider-Man barely wins.But now Spider-Man faces more enemies in the world thanks to Kraven.

I like the Lizard and Kraven idea for Spiderman 4. Garfield could do Marvel movies while Raimi and Tobey continue their Spiderman movies. Sony could keep Spiderman and also make money from Marvel for using Spiderman. Is that possible?

My version of Spider-Man 4 would start off with a Peter/MJ wedding. "This story is all about a girl. That girl." The main thing I wanted to see happen was to finally get to see the two leads get married before the franchise was over.

The main villain would also have to be Dyan Baker's Lizard. Since both Osborn's are dead, I wold imagine that Oscorp would either get shut down or bought out by another company. Why not make it the Hardy foundation? This would be a great way to introduce Felicia Hardy, aka the Black Cat. There would be some tension between her and Spider-Man, but Spider-Man would ultimately choose MJ.

And the focus would be on the Lizard. Dr. Connors and his family would all be relevant to the story. Peter defends him during his encounter with Jameson and truly stands up for him... perhaps even walking out on Jameson. "You're fired, Parker!"

Another important detail: Peter finally tells Aunt May that he is Spider-Man. She of course tells him that she's known for quite some time.

Not really much of a "script" idea, but just certain things I would have liked to see.

I thought Oscorp was closed after Spider-Man 2 when Dr Octopus experiment failed. Harry said he was ruined and he had nothing left except Spider-Man.

Oh maybe you're right. There's no mention of Oscorp in SM3 so that's probably true. Still, I suspect they could have introduced a new organization.

My SM4 would open like this.

Spider-Man is happily fighting a couple of basic criminals in a very good mood and at the top of his game he raps them up in a matter of a few minutes and then Spider-Man swinging through the city all happy like and then dropping behind a large Cathedral. The he get's changed into a tuxito and then he begins a wedding with Mary Jane.

It's revealed that Norman's body is being kept by Adrian Toomes at Toomes Electronics, which was previosly Oscorp in a secret room. He was never hit in any fatal parts and his body was put into a sort of shock or healing coma and he's been recuperating this whole time.(Keep in mind we saw his Spider-Man put his body on the bed, but we never saw them put him in the coffin, he could've easily been replaced). He awakens and goes on a rampage finding out his son died in what Adrian describes as "a battle with Spider-Man" before Adrian can even continue Osborn assumes the worst and critically injures Adrian breaks out of the secret room and finds his Goblin lair.

He grabs his most lethal weapons a new glider and goes out after Peter for killing his son and Peter and MJ are celebrating there wedding and marriage which hs been completed off screen. Goblin attacks and carries Peter off and beats the hell out of him convinced Peter killed his son and then he stops and decides to let Peter live and kill MJ instead like he originally planned.

He goes after MJ and is about to attack her when Peter swings in in costume. Goblin battles Spider-Man to a standstill and manages to jame the missile launcher in his Glider with his webs. The glider explodes but Goblin gets away. He realizes he alone will never be able to defeat Spider-Man thus he sneeks into the Toomes Electronics database and steals the list of plans they had for Oscorp's projects for more human enhancements.

The list includes, an human enhancer with the DNA of a lion in it(Kraven), an special illusion gas(Mysterio), shockwave gloves(Shocker), an human enhancer with rhino DNA(Rhino), he also threatens Sandman by capturing his daughter unless he helps stop Spider-Man and Sandman agrees. Along with the Goblin himself these people will be assembled in the next movie and become The Sinister Six.

Now THAT'S how you do it Sony.

The film I had always wanted was Lizard and Kraven. You have multiple villains, but it works together. You have the pure hero Peter, the pure villain Kraven, and the mixed villain, Connors. I've always felt that that films writes itself perfectly.

I might be a little late on this one but here's what I would have liked to have seen in Spider-Man 4:

- Adrian Toomes/Vulture (played by John Malkovich) is the main villain, he's worked for Oscorp in the past but was fired by Norman. Toomes sees videos about Otto Octavius' most famous creation and is inspired to make his own creation.

- Quentin Beck/Mysterio (played by Bruce Campbell) is the secondary villain, it turns out all of Campbell's cameos in the past three movies were Mysterio in disguise.

- Mary Jane is killed by Mysterio.

- Curt Connors has a bigger role, he begins development on the lizard serum and the movie would set up his transformation for the next film.

- The fate of Oscorp is fully revealed, it went bankrupt shortly after the events of Spider-Man 3.

- The final battle takes place at sunset in the empire state building, Spidey fights Vulture there and Mysterio is there as a distraction for Spidey.

- A scene at the end includes Mysterio going to jail, Sandman and Cletus Cassady make cameos. Quentin would be locked in the same cell as Sandman, they have some banter as Sandman threatens to beat him up, while in another cell, we see Cletus Cassady (played by Jim Carrey) laughing like a maniac.

That's the best I can think of.

Why kill off MJ? Doesn't seem consistent with the tone of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"