Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

I wished they would've kept Venom(or at least Eddie Brock)alive and continue that story in part 4. But what I would've liked to have seen is the Lizard and Black cat as villains. After the tramatic events of part 3, MJ and Peter should've taken a little break from each other. Have MJ go to Europe and study acting while Peter flirts with,and has a bit of fun with Black cat.

I always hoped that Eddie Brock SENIOR would show up, played by Anthony Michael Hall. He wants to know why his son died so one night he follows Spidey to Doc Connor's lab, where he finds the last sample of the symbiote...

What was most likely would have happened in SPIDER-M4N:
1. Vulture was going to be the villain, the main villain. Even if there was any villains, Vulture was going the be the main villain played by John Malkovich.

2. Sam Raimi was going to use Black Cat, I believe he confirmed it. Anne Hathaway was all set.

3. Michael Papajohn was apparently going to be in Spider-Man 4.

4. Raimi wanted to boost Bruce Campbell into a supporting character.

5. Apparently....a red headed toddler was suppose to be in it.

6. SPIDER-M4N was suppose to be the last Spider-Man movie for Raimi's trilogy. A reboot was always planned.

I remember all these news bits. It's honestly all we know about Raimi's plans for the movie. I would so love to read the final draft of this Spider-M4N!

I thought Sony planned to make a Spider-Man 4, 5 & 6 as well? Was a reboot always planned, or was it a backup?

I thought Sony planned to make a Spider-Man 4, 5 & 6 as well? Was a reboot always planned, or was it a backup?

I cannot prove it, but I remember someone (probably Arad) talking about that, making parts 4, 5, 6. As I get it, the reboot was only thought after Spider-man 3's release.

Seems liek the reboot was only an idea that came out with Sam Raimi and the actors leaving, i doubt Spider-Man 3 was the reason it happened since it still got a lot of money and the general public didn't seem to have any problem with it, had the 4th film soon followed, it would have certainly gotten the same type of success, and if the 5th had 3D then it would do around Transformers 3 numbers.

I knew about the upcoming reboot long before SM4 fell apart, but I don't remember exactly when it came about. I'm guessing the downtime after 3 had Sony worried about the longevity of the franchise. There was easily enough material for another trilogy.

I knew about the upcoming reboot long before SM4 fell apart, but I don't remember exactly when it came about. I'm guessing the downtime after 3 had Sony worried about the longevity of the franchise. There was easily enough material for another trilogy.

Really? Another 3?

He had nearly finnished undergraduate studies and was going to marry MJ (after 6 months together lol).

I did anticipate a reboot in the 2010's but I expected it after SM4.

Really? Another 3?

He had nearly finnished undergraduate studies and was going to marry MJ (after 6 months together lol).

I did anticipate a reboot in the 2010's but I expected it after SM4.

Yeah another 3 could have been done easily. Develop Connors and the Stacy's. Unleash the Lizard, hunted by Kraven. Introduce Black Cat as a rival for MJ. Sinister Six for the 6th film (because obvious) etc. etc. There was plenty of mileage for Peter and Spider-Man.

Longevity of the franchise, they were looking at that as much as Paramount was at their Transformers franchise after the 3rd film. Add in 3D which is the new thing post-2009 and they would break the billion mark.

Shortly after SM4 was confirmed, it was reported that a script for a reboot was written. Some thought it was a SM5 & SM6 featuring the Lizard in SM5, but it later was leaked that it was a reboot. So SM4 was going to be the last.

Shortly after SM4 was confirmed, it was reported that a script for a reboot was written. Some thought it was a SM5 & SM6 featuring the Lizard in SM5, but it later was leaked that it was a reboot. So SM4 was going to be the last.

I didn't know that. Thanks. I do remember, though, that Maguire and Dunst (Raimi too?) had said that they wouldn't be in the franchise forever.

I don't know if anyone has even heard of this but I remember back in September 2010 reading an alleged Spider-Man 4 script, this is what it was:

- It takes place around 5 years after Spider-Man 3.

- Peter and Mary Jane are married and have a son together.

- Vulture and Vulturess are the main villains and Felicia Hardy is the Vulturess instead of Black Cat.

- In the final battle Vulture kills Peter's son which causes Peter to get outraged and kills Vulture and Vulturess dies as well.

- It ends with Peter, sitting on a couch infront of his chimney, getting rid of the Spider-Man suit by putting in the chimney where it burns.

This is seriously what I read a few years ago, a very unsatisfying ending and there were no mentions of Dr. Connors being the Lizard.

I don't know if anyone has even heard of this but I remember back in September 2010 reading an alleged Spider-Man 4 script, this is what it was:

- Vulture and Vulturess are the main villains and Felicia Hardy is the Vulturess instead of Black Cat.

- In the final battle Vulture kills Peter's son which causes Peter to get outraged and kills Vulture and Vulturess dies as well.

- It ends with Peter, sitting on a couch infront of his chimney, getting rid of the Spider-Man suit by putting in the chimney where it burns.

This is seriously what I read a few years ago, a very unsatisfying ending and there were no mentions of Dr. Connors being the Lizard.

Connors was never going to be the Lizard, but as for as how the movie was going to end, we have no official confirmation on any of that stuff. What we know is Vulture was the villain, Felicia Hardy was in it (either as Black Cat or Vulturess), there was a montage of Spidey fighting his b-list villains, and that's about it.

Connors was never going to be the Lizard, but as for as how the movie was going to end, we have no official confirmation on any of that stuff. What we know is Vulture was the villain, Felicia Hardy was in it (either as Black Cat or Vulturess), there was a montage of Spidey fighting his b-list villains, and that's about it.

The one I read back then didn't have the montage with the b-list villains but matches with most of what is known so it might have been a very early draft. It barely felt like a Spider-Man movie when reading it.

This is my first time reading most of this with the exception of Vulture and Black Cat being in the movie, which is the only part confirmed as true. Everything else doesn't sound like a Raimi-Spidey movie at all, so it's certainly fake news.

The montage with the lesser-villains at the beginning of the film is also confirmed (thanks the storyboard artist who was working on the film) and I disagree about Mysterio being portrayed as a lesser villain but whatever.

This is my first time reading most of this with the exception of Vulture and Black Cat being in the movie, which is the only part confirmed as true. Everything else doesn't sound like a Raimi-Spidey movie at all, so it's certainly fake news.

The montage with the lesser-villains at the beginning of the film is also confirmed (thanks the storyboard artist who was working on the film) and I disagree about Mysterio being portrayed as a lesser villain but whatever.

Mysterio essentially jobbing out to Spider-Man at the beginning of the montage was a mistake, they could have used that sequence to later build him up a sequel where he would be a main villain. The outline I read was probably fake, I remember it being on Marvel Movies Wiki which is where I saw it.

Mysterio essentially jobbing out to Spider-Man at the beginning of the montage was a mistake, they could have used that sequence to later build him up a sequel where he would be a main villain. The outline I read was probably fake, I remember it being on Marvel Movies Wiki which is where I saw it.

Spider-Man 4 was going to be it for the Raimi series, so no use building up Mysterio at that point or teasing future villains we would not have seen.

Spider-Man 4 was going to be it for the Raimi series, so no use building up Mysterio at that point or teasing future villains we would not have seen.

If the story we know that has Peter quitting as Spider-Man again, then what a horrible end to the series.

If the story we know that has Peter quitting as Spider-Man again, then what a horrible end to the series.

Again, we don't know if it ended with him quitting or not. That's speculation, but it also doesn't feel like Raimi to me personally. We do know there was not going to be a Spider-Man 5 and the reboot hammer was coming once 4 was done initially. But, we don't know much about the core story of Spider-Man 4 and how it would have ended.

Again, we don't know if it ended with him quitting or not. That's speculation, but it also doesn't feel like Raimi to me personally. We do know there was not going to be a Spider-Man 5 and the reboot hammer was coming once 4 was done initially. But, we don't know much about the core story of Spider-Man 4 and how it would have ended.

What I wonder is if Spider-Man 5 or 6 (had they been made) would have ended with Nick Fury contacting him to be an avenger.

God, I would have loved a Spider-Man 4 and 5 over Webb's Spider-Man films. Then a Spider-Man Sinister Six to cap it off before the MCU reboot.

Here is a video with the things that we know about SM4:

I wish they made it instead of those disappointing movies by Mark Webb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"