How would YOU reboot the Fantastic 4?

Casting for The Thing and Dr. Doom is always going to be problematic because you're looking for someone who is a talented actor that doesn't mind their face not being seen for 75% of a movie.

Chiklis was willing to do so, allowing him to spend a good portion of both movies in his rock suit.

Bell clearly was willing to do so, as he had limited time onscreen before the transformation, and then it's just his voice and motioncap for the remainder of the film.

Would Schreiber be interested in the same?

In the case of Doom, Fox went to great lengths to NOT have McMahon in the mask for a majority of both films. Hard to say what Kebbell thought of his screentime.

I think a good candidate for Ben Grimm would be Joe Manganiello -- he has the size and presence to carry off the character in both forms. Age wise wouldn't be too bad either.

I think this is much less of an issue now that they have mo-cap than it was when they had to spend 8 hours having make-up applied and then spend the rest of the day wearing a 100 lb suit. Some actors may object to not having their face shown, but I think most would be interested in the challenge, experience and doing something a little different (we certainly don't see a shortage of actors willing to do voice work for animated features - though that requires less investment of time).

In the case of McMahon, I think it was more about Fox management wanting to sell tickets to teenage girls than it was McMahon insisting he be seen.

Edit

I think a bunch of actors would jump at the chance to be in the MCU. Especially to play iconic characters like Dr. Doom or Thing

Last edited:
*blink* Did we just get a whole swarm of ban evaders today? I'm seeing a ton of new(?) less than ten post bannees.

*blink* Did we just get a whole swarm of ban evaders today? I'm seeing a ton of new(?) less than ten post bannees.

I only see one user in this thread. But I am suspicious of every new user with less than 10 posts who don't post very much but only a one or two-word reply.

Who do yall want for Doom?

Javier Bardem would be sick

Yeah, I'd be down with Bardem. Whoever it is better have an accent too. I don't even care what accent it is since Latveria isn't real; it had just better not be American. It's kind of ridiculous that so far we've had an Aussie and a Brit play Doom so far and yet they gave him an American accent both times.

Yeah, I'd be down with Bardem. Whoever it is better have an accent too. I don't even care what accent it is since Latveria isn't real; it had just better not be American. It's kind of ridiculous that so far we've had an Aussie and a Brit play Doom so far and yet they gave him an American accent both times.

The shame of it is I think Toby Kebbell could have done an amazing job with a different script and different director.

But, yeah, Javier Bardem would definitely be interesting.

Personally, I'd take Cillian Murphy over Javier Bardem. Those eyes would just burn through the mask. Maybe a Jonathan Rhys Meyers, even. Good looking fella who can pull off cold, calculating and intimidating.

I still think Andrew Scott would be a great choice for Doom.

mig

Firstly I think FF4 need to go back to Marbel, secondly I'd introduce them in other films, starting with Reed Richards as someone who one of the Avengers knows and they need his help for something. The rest would come in other films, then eventually when there's enough goodwill built, use them in their own film. Do a TIH style opening covering the origin and have the film be about a returning Dr Doom.

Firstly I think FF4 need to go back to Marbel, secondly I'd introduce them in other films, starting with Reed Richards as someone who one of the Avengers knows and they need his help for something. The rest would come in other films, then eventually when there's enough goodwill built, use them in their own film. Do a TIH style opening covering the origin and have the film be about a returning Dr Doom.

That's pretty clever. Cameos for the individual members of the FF in various solo movies. Seems like it could also be a bit convenient, but still, really cool.

Still absolutely nothing beyond potential schedule conflicts preventing that from happening. Why was he your choice?

Vince Cassel for Doom? Even Mike Deodato thinks so. :cwink:

My friend showed me some clips of him from Sherlock and he was laughably bad and over the top

Keep him away from DC and Marvel

I'm afraid you're in a small minority on that stance...

Anyway, here's my full pitch for an MCU Fantastic Four, done-up post Infinity War where Stark is the new Fury, if anyone wants to read:
Cast

Andrew Garfield as Reed Richards

Alice Eve as Sue Storm

Nonso Anozie as Ben Grimm

Dylan O’Brien as Johnny Storm

Andrew Scott as Victor von Doom

Christina Hendricks as Abigail Brand --- Jason Statham as Red Shift
Brennan Brown as Henry Peter Gyrich --- Leslie Odom Jr. as Agent Deems
Wagner Moura as Agent Paulletz --- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark

-In the late 1960s, a top secret experiment is about to commence at a SHIELD black site. A space craft created by Dr. Reed Richards, brilliant young astrophysicist, preps for takeoff. It is crewed by biologist & linguist Dr. Susan Storm, acclaimed Air Force pilot and Reed’s childhood friend Cpt. Ben Grimm, and Susan’s young brother, the rebellious tech whiz Johnny Storm, who was added to the team as a last minute replacement for Dr. Victor von Doom. All goes well until Doom crashes the site in a whirlwind of power. Grimm tries to abort the mission but it is revealed Reed made this impossible, in case their bosses at SHIELD had second thoughts. The ship and the team within vanish in a flash of blinding light.

-Cutting to the present, the SWORD organization’s satellite base records strange incoming energy readings. Before the eyes of Chief Officer Abigail Brand and her second-in-command, Agent Deems, Richards’ space craft materializes directly in front of the station. Going into defense mode, Brand scrambles to detect the nature of the mystery vessel before she realizes what it is. Quickly contacting Director Tony Stark, she briefs him and the fellow top agents over all that is known about Richards’ crew who, immortalized as the “Fantastic Four” were declared dead in a scientific accident and mourned as national heroes. Stark gives the okay to board the unresponsive vessel.

-As Agent Paulletz leads the team boarding the shuttle, Brand is surprised by a visit by the CIA’s Special Counsel on Metahuman Affairs, Henry Peter Gyrich. He has already received word of the discovery through his own channels and arrives to oversee the proceedings, claiming that the CIA has a deep investment in the fate of Dr. Richards.

-Having successfully boarded the shuttle, Paulletz and his team are ambushed by a mysterious band of assailants who, after a brief fight, are revealed to be the original crew, now possessing incredible powers and having barely aged a day since their disappearance in the 60s.

-The Four are brought onboard the station and undergo medical treatment. Dr. Richards is called in to a meeting immediately following medical clearance. He explains that he and his crew underwent a transformation after the accident, and have since coped with their powers while encountering strange new worlds in their journey home, a journey which for them only lasted four years. Brand in turn details the coverup of their supposed death and all that has transpired since. This is all very overwhelming for Reed, and the meeting ends, with Brand chiding Gyrich for “not telling him about Doom”.

-Deep below a U.S. blacksite, Victor von Doom snaps awake in a cell, muttering a “Welcome home” to his “Old friend Reed”.

-Under the watchful eye of Deems, the Four adjust to life on the station. It becomes apparent that the Storm siblings have fully embraced their new powers, while Reed seeks only to cure them, in particular Ben, who upon returning to the “normal” world has become a shut-in, viewing his new form as a cell.

-Gyrich orders that the Four be quarantined on the station, building the power struggle between him and Brand. However, Johnny, hoping that a return to Earth will cheer up Ben and Reed, convinces Deems to take them to New York. They reach the city but are immediately caught up in culture shock. Attempting to disguise Ben, Deems takes them on a tour of the modern New York, which comes to a crashing halt when they walk into the middle of a heist. Breaking out of disguise to stop the thieves and save civilians, the quartet inadvertently become internet sensations.

-In the aftermath, Gyrich is livid and Stark gets involved, siding with Richards’ team. Ben is shocked to discover that the public loves him, and Johnny takes full advantage to propel their new found celebrity. Reed takes steps to require his family real estate: The Baxter Building. As the team blithely enters into 21st life, Reed gets dragged into the power struggle between Stark/Brand and Gyrich, as their opposing views on how to handle meta-science discoveries come nearly to blows. Reed himself finds himself fitting unnervingly well into the morally ambiguous world of modern “shadow government”.

-Doom, also unaged due to his perfection of the magic arts has long since convinced his captors of his insanity, but now the veil is off. Breaking out of his prison, he causes chaos, releasing other dangerous inmates, both metahuman and alien, along the way.

-Once again ignoring orders to stay put, the Four rush to help quell the prison break, controlling the situation but in the aftermath they discover the truth about what happened. Furious Reed confronts their handlers about Doom and the truth is revealed. Together, the CIA and SHIELD backed a coup which toppled Doom’s father, the king of Latveria. An American-allied dictator took his place and has since run the once mighty nation into the ground. It was this that caused Victor to attack the mission launch and seemingly go mad. He was held in prison ever since. Reed loses his temper with both the government and his friends, who aren’t taking their “condition” seriously, and storms off into the night to find Victor.

-Meanwhile, Doom has returned to Latveria, effortlessly eliminating the current government donning his iconic family armor, and being welcomed back with open arms by a loving people. In the midst of celebrations, however, he is surprised by a visit from Reed. Throughout their conversation, they bear their grievances with each other, and Reed is forced to realize that he is guilty of the same self-centered arrogance that he hates so much in Victor, and is driving away his few remaining friends. Victor then assures him that he is “not the villain of this story” and leaves to greet his people, warning Reed that they aren’t the only thing to escape the “Negative Zone”.

-High above Earth, Gyrich is supervising the classification of the shuttle, as part of the compromise brokered with Brand. However, the Portal suddenly reopens, unleashing the incredibly powerful herald Red Shift. Gyrich hastily saves his own skin, getting Paulletz and several other agents killed in the process. He escapes to the station and destroys the shuttle, but the new threat is not so easily stopped.

-Reed returns to his teammates with a changed heart and a new outlook on their new life as heroes. Receiving the distress call from the SWORD station, he inspires them to come with him to stop the threat and together they defeat Red Shift and close the portal.

-In the aftermath, Gyrich is appointed to a extended position on the SWORD satellite, much to Brand and Deems dismay. The Fantastic Four return to Earth, with Reed suggesting everything from masks to secret identities, but Johnny has already arranged a press conference complete with new team uniforms, as Earth welcomes its newest superhuman guardians.

Mid Credits Scene:

Far away on a distant planet, Red Shift stumbles back to his master, Galactus, whose full form is shrouded from sight. The Destroyer of Worlds does not take defeat lightly and reveals he has found a new herald. A shocked Red Shift is then murdered by none other than the Silver Surfer.

Still absolutely nothing beyond potential schedule conflicts preventing that from happening. Why was he your choice?

I just think he fits the physical profile, and his performance in True Blood showed he could portray a social outcast with a heart. Age wise, he fits the late-30's/early-40's range that Ben probably should be.

I tend to doubt Marvel Studios will bring in an actor that portrayed a character in a Warners DC universe film.

I'm afraid you're in a small minority on that stance...

Anyway, here's my full pitch for an MCU Fantastic Four, done-up post Infinity War where Stark is the new Fury, if anyone wants to read:
Cast

Andrew Garfield as Reed Richards

Alice Eve as Sue Storm

Nonso Anozie as Ben Grimm

Dylan O’Brien as Johnny Storm

Andrew Scott as Victor von Doom

Christina Hendricks as Abigail Brand --- Jason Statham as Red Shift
Brennan Brown as Henry Peter Gyrich --- Leslie Odom Jr. as Agent Deems
Wagner Moura as Agent Paulletz --- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark

-In the late 1960s, a top secret experiment is about to commence at a SHIELD black site. A space craft created by Dr. Reed Richards, brilliant young astrophysicist, preps for takeoff. It is crewed by biologist & linguist Dr. Susan Storm, acclaimed Air Force pilot and Reed’s childhood friend Cpt. Ben Grimm, and Susan’s young brother, the rebellious tech whiz Johnny Storm, who was added to the team as a last minute replacement for Dr. Victor von Doom. All goes well until Doom crashes the site in a whirlwind of power. Grimm tries to abort the mission but it is revealed Reed made this impossible, in case their bosses at SHIELD had second thoughts. The ship and the team within vanish in a flash of blinding light.

-Cutting to the present, the SWORD organization’s satellite base records strange incoming energy readings. Before the eyes of Chief Officer Abigail Brand and her second-in-command, Agent Deems, Richards’ space craft materializes directly in front of the station. Going into defense mode, Brand scrambles to detect the nature of the mystery vessel before she realizes what it is. Quickly contacting Director Tony Stark, she briefs him and the fellow top agents over all that is known about Richards’ crew who, immortalized as the “Fantastic Four” were declared dead in a scientific accident and mourned as national heroes. Stark gives the okay to board the unresponsive vessel.

-As Agent Paulletz leads the team boarding the shuttle, Brand is surprised by a visit by the CIA’s Special Counsel on Metahuman Affairs, Henry Peter Gyrich. He has already received word of the discovery through his own channels and arrives to oversee the proceedings, claiming that the CIA has a deep investment in the fate of Dr. Richards.

-Having successfully boarded the shuttle, Paulletz and his team are ambushed by a mysterious band of assailants who, after a brief fight, are revealed to be the original crew, now possessing incredible powers and having barely aged a day since their disappearance in the 60s.

-The Four are brought onboard the station and undergo medical treatment. Dr. Richards is called in to a meeting immediately following medical clearance. He explains that he and his crew underwent a transformation after the accident, and have since coped with their powers while encountering strange new worlds in their journey home, a journey which for them only lasted four years. Brand in turn details the coverup of their supposed death and all that has transpired since. This is all very overwhelming for Reed, and the meeting ends, with Brand chiding Gyrich for “not telling him about Doom”.

-Deep below a U.S. blacksite, Victor von Doom snaps awake in a cell, muttering a “Welcome home” to his “Old friend Reed”.

-Under the watchful eye of Deems, the Four adjust to life on the station. It becomes apparent that the Storm siblings have fully embraced their new powers, while Reed seeks only to cure them, in particular Ben, who upon returning to the “normal” world has become a shut-in, viewing his new form as a cell.

-Gyrich orders that the Four be quarantined on the station, building the power struggle between him and Brand. However, Johnny, hoping that a return to Earth will cheer up Ben and Reed, convinces Deems to take them to New York. They reach the city but are immediately caught up in culture shock. Attempting to disguise Ben, Deems takes them on a tour of the modern New York, which comes to a crashing halt when they walk into the middle of a heist. Breaking out of disguise to stop the thieves and save civilians, the quartet inadvertently become internet sensations.

-In the aftermath, Gyrich is livid and Stark gets involved, siding with Richards’ team. Ben is shocked to discover that the public loves him, and Johnny takes full advantage to propel their new found celebrity. Reed takes steps to require his family real estate: The Baxter Building. As the team blithely enters into 21st life, Reed gets dragged into the power struggle between Stark/Brand and Gyrich, as their opposing views on how to handle meta-science discoveries come nearly to blows. Reed himself finds himself fitting unnervingly well into the morally ambiguous world of modern “shadow government”.

-Doom, also unaged due to his perfection of the magic arts has long since convinced his captors of his insanity, but now the veil is off. Breaking out of his prison, he causes chaos, releasing other dangerous inmates, both metahuman and alien, along the way.

-Once again ignoring orders to stay put, the Four rush to help quell the prison break, controlling the situation but in the aftermath they discover the truth about what happened. Furious Reed confronts their handlers about Doom and the truth is revealed. Together, the CIA and SHIELD backed a coup which toppled Doom’s father, the king of Latveria. An American-allied dictator took his place and has since run the once mighty nation into the ground. It was this that caused Victor to attack the mission launch and seemingly go mad. He was held in prison ever since. Reed loses his temper with both the government and his friends, who aren’t taking their “condition” seriously, and storms off into the night to find Victor.

-Meanwhile, Doom has returned to Latveria, effortlessly eliminating the current government donning his iconic family armor, and being welcomed back with open arms by a loving people. In the midst of celebrations, however, he is surprised by a visit from Reed. Throughout their conversation, they bear their grievances with each other, and Reed is forced to realize that he is guilty of the same self-centered arrogance that he hates so much in Victor, and is driving away his few remaining friends. Victor then assures him that he is “not the villain of this story” and leaves to greet his people, warning Reed that they aren’t the only thing to escape the “Negative Zone”.

-High above Earth, Gyrich is supervising the classification of the shuttle, as part of the compromise brokered with Brand. However, the Portal suddenly reopens, unleashing the incredibly powerful herald Red Shift. Gyrich hastily saves his own skin, getting Paulletz and several other agents killed in the process. He escapes to the station and destroys the shuttle, but the new threat is not so easily stopped.

-Reed returns to his teammates with a changed heart and a new outlook on their new life as heroes. Receiving the distress call from the SWORD station, he inspires them to come with him to stop the threat and together they defeat Red Shift and close the portal.

-In the aftermath, Gyrich is appointed to a extended position on the SWORD satellite, much to Brand and Deems dismay. The Fantastic Four return to Earth, with Reed suggesting everything from masks to secret identities, but Johnny has already arranged a press conference complete with new team uniforms, as Earth welcomes its newest superhuman guardians.

Mid Credits Scene:

Far away on a distant planet, Red Shift stumbles back to his master, Galactus, whose full form is shrouded from sight. The Destroyer of Worlds does not take defeat lightly and reveals he has found a new herald. A shocked Red Shift is then murdered by none other than the Silver Surfer.

Andrew Scott is truly horrible in Sherlock. After all that hype too, I just wanted to puke during his scenes.

He tries to add tics to his character but it comes across so forced. It's like he's trying so hard to come across like an intimidating crazy person, it was hilarious to me. Especially in scenes with a heavyweight like Cumberbatch.

Hope to god he never sets foot in the DCEU or MCU. He also makes zero sense as Doom. We need a more intimidating and masculine guy as Doom.

Alice Eve and Dylan O'Brien would be great for Sue and Johnny. But your Thing is really miscast and Andrew Garfield needs to stay the **** away from another superhero role. Worst Spider-Man imaginable. Truly awful acting there, with the fake forced awkwardness. Jesus he's the worst part of the horrible TASM films.

Sorry to be so negative but I only have truly harsh feelings on a few actors and you hit on a couple big ones. Not trying to be an ******* , I really just don't want these guys to be in the MCU.

Your pitch is pretty good though! I'm just not down for 60s FF , it's not necessary. Just have them gain their powers in Infinity War I say

Last edited:
Andrew Scott is truly horrible in Sherlock. After all that hype too, I just wanted to puke during his scenes.

He tries to add tics to his character but it comes across so forced. It's like he's trying so hard to come across like an intimidating crazy person, it was hilarious to me. Especially in scenes with a heavyweight like Cumberbatch.

Hope to god he never sets foot in the DCEU or MCU. He also makes zero sense as Doom. We need a more intimidating and masculine guy as Doom.

Alice Eve and Dylan O'Brien would be great for Sue and Johnny. But your Thing is really miscast and Andrew Garfield needs to stay the **** away from another superhero role. Worst Spider-Man imaginable. Truly awful acting there, with the fake forced awkwardness. Jesus he's the worst part of the horrible TASM films.

Sorry to be so negative but I only have truly harsh feelings on a few actors and you hit on a couple big ones. Not trying to be an ******* , I really just don't want these guys to be in the MCU.

Your pitch is pretty good though! I'm just not down for 60s FF , it's not necessary. Just have them gain their powers in Infinity War I say
It's all good, man! I guess we just have slightly different tastes in acting, I loved Garfield as Peter & Scott as Moriarty. I am interested though in why you don't like Anozi for Ben. Personally, I think he has the perfect voice for the part.

It's all good, man! I guess we just have slightly different tastes in acting, I loved Garfield as Peter & Scott as Moriarty. I am interested though in why you don't like Anozi for Ben. Personally, I think he has the perfect voice for the part.

The Jewish NYC aspect of his character is huge and Anozi just doesn't fit that

The Jewish NYC aspect of his character is huge and Anozi just doesn't fit that

Personally, I didn't even know Ben was Jewish until someone mentioned it a while back on these forums, so I've personally never thought of it as a major part of his character.

Personally, I didn't even know Ben was Jewish until someone mentioned it a while back on these forums, so I've personally never thought of it as a major part of his character.

Well it was never made explicit until later on, but it was implicit. His whole humour and personality is very typical Jewish humour and trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"