• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HULKFish SMASH Art post!!

Here's a new Spider-man 3 Wallpaper I did. I have a few more planned from new images...

Spider-manBlack.jpg

nice stuff my man

but with one eye - everything looks kinda blurry to me :)

It really shouldn't be blurry besides the fog/smoke that I painted... I got these shots in High Definition at that actual size. It does blend well though.

Thanks!

This one is without masks or overlays...

Spider-manBlack2.jpg

I've been working on my coloring skills... See what you think.

This is my character Slaughter.

Slaughter06.jpg

ok guys a little feedback... I hate bumping my own post...

Hey Hulkfish,

I think your colouring is coming along nicely. It's working much better than some of your other work.

I still think you need to push it a little further and build up some stronger darks his left leg to help push it back. And in some areas like under his chin and around his face to make if pop out a little more. You might want to look at using some warm and cool colours to help push things forward and drop them back.

I think you are getting better and stronger at it, you need to push yourself a little more. Trust me I know it's tough to do I was very timid with my colour when I first got into doing colour work.

You should take a look at some of the old masters and see how they developed their work as well, art history is always a great source for reference and ideas.

Things I think you need to work with is the contrast, try and boost it a little more, the areas with most contrast will help bring objects closer while those with less will recede. Also I still think you should alter your line weight, since that's a very important part of your artwork. Again it will help create a sense of depth and volume.

But good work, keep it up.

How do I alter line weights when inking with pens? Do I need to get different size pens?

HULKFish said:
How do I alter line weights when inking with pens? Do I need to get different size pens?

Not necessarily. I usually use a brush pen which makes it easier to do. If you're using tech pens you can vary the pressure you use and the way you hold the pen when making the line or you can just go over portions of a line and build it up that way.

It takes some practice, you might want to just try drawing different lines and practice doing simple lines until you are comfortable with it.

Cool, I'll have to look into those...

HULKFish said:
Here's a new Spider-man 3 Wallpaper I did. I have a few more planned from new images...

Spider-manBlack.jpg

I really like this, but I think It would be better without the text. It would just flow much more smoothly. If you still have the base file, and would take the text out for me, I would surely use that as a Wallpaper ^.^

Nice work
-Syn

Syncos said:
I really like this, but I think It would be better without the text. It would just flow much more smoothly. If you still have the base file, and would take the text out for me, I would surely use that as a Wallpaper ^.^

Nice work
-Syn

Sure... I'll pm you when it is posted.

Check this out, I am proud of how this one turned out!

POTCDeadMansChest.jpg

soooo... What do you think of the POTC?

The POTC has been a HUGELY popular one elsewhere... I'm surprised by no comments???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"