Hulu to start charging in 2010!

Back to watching things when they air.

They already don't make enough from advertising?

They better allow people to also download the files if they start charging because paying just for streaming is crap lol

You mean paying for the shows people with cable pay for? Proposterous!

Network stuff will be free still. Probably have two ads per break though.

If they do this, ALL the episodes need to be made available on the same day/next day. None of this "wait a whole week" that they do with some shows. And all the episodes should be kept up for the entire season.

I've got another thread title to be used about a year from now:

"Hulu goes out of business in 2011!"

Hulu will be dead, then.

NBC.com, FOX, and ABC have show son their site to watch for FREE. CBS has crackle as well.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/2...ake-too-much-about-no-free-hulu-in-2010/31223
People don’t need to get too worked up about this if they read all his comments. The big problem Hulu has is it can’t charge for stuff that ABC, NBC and FOX online properties are giving away. If that happens, they might as well fold up shop because people will just go directly to the networks web sites and watch for free.

Here’s who needs to be worried: people who don’t subscribe to cable and are watching stuff on Hulu like my new favorite show, FX’s Sons of Anarchy. Currently there are a few free episodes available on Hulu (and on FXnetworks.com) though new episodes lag by ~8 days from original air date. I’d look for those kinds of shows to go behind a pay wall, on FXnetworks AND on Hulu. Why? Because FX makes its money from a combination of advertising and carriage fees. Giving the content away to people who are already subscribers isn’t really a problem, but giving it away to people who aren’t is.

Well, this stuff will pop up on YouTube eventually. That's how I watch all my shows.
Hulu is nice, but not at a price. Already paid for it once when you paid for the cable company broadband bill. No need to pay again.

Bye bye Hulu. You will lose me in 2010.

Haven't gone to Hulu for a while since I found a couple of other places that are way better than Hulu, and I can watch my shows the same night.

Well I guess some shows just aren't being watched then. Screw that.

If I miss a show I watch it on NBC.com, Fox.com, or ABC.com. Never used Hulu.

Megavideo posts TV shows an hour after they air. Hulu is unnecessary and I barely use it. If they start charging, they can go to hell.

As long as shows like 30 Rock, The Office, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia remain free, I'll be fine.

If not, then I'm going to go all sorts of Charlton Heston ape ****. :csad:

If they do this, ALL the episodes need to be made available on the same day/next day. None of this "wait a whole week" that they do with some shows. And all the episodes should be kept up for the entire season.

Here here!!! I'm tired of getting punished for missing one episode of House, when I do my best to watch it when it broadcasts on TV every week. Fox kills me with that "Episode Available 8 Days After Broadcast" bull****!!!

They only do that with certain shows though.

Fox has Cleveland Show, Glee, Family Guy, American Dad, and more all up the next day.

Maybe they just don't like House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"