• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Hype League

When will the next chapter be up?

Sometime this week. It's almost time for bed here, so...

I look forward to it very much. It's almost time for me to go too. Enjoy your week, Dante. :)

BTW, Storm has now been replaced with Valmar, or Lord Valumart

Chapter 3: Reinforcements

As the mechanism slowly lowered, Edge closed his eyes.

I knew this line of work was dangerous, but I never thought I'd go out like this. Like a punk.

All of a sudden, it stopped. Edge stopped lowering. He heard a rough male voice, like some half-assed Clint Eastwood expression.

Voice: Now!

Smoke fills the room. Edge wonders what the hell's going on as he is suddenly falling from his restraints.

*What the f**k?*

<I was wondering the same thing.>

As he is but mere inches from the acid, he is grabbed from mid-air and dropped on the ground, alive.

Edge: The hell?

Edge looks up and sees a woman, roughly around 21, standing above him. She has shoulder-length black hair. Her eyes are concealed by a mask that shows only the eyes, which were a vivid gold, with slits. Catlike,. Edge thought. She wore a skintight black leather jumpsuit, with a black leather trenchcoat with holes in its bottom. She wore black shoes that looked to be not fit for fighting. To complete the outfit was a choker with a cats head centered in it.

Edge: And...you are...who?

Woman: Darkcat. I'm here to save your ass.

Her voice is soft, but dark.

Edge gives a small, mocking chuckle.

Edge: I was fine on my own, thanks.

Darkcat smirks.

Darkcat: Sure you were. Don't mind the fact that if we hadn't shown up, you'd be nothing more than a skeleton, if it suits you.

Edge also smirks.

Edge: We've got no time for this, babe-

Darkcat puts her heel to his throat.

Darkcat: Don't call me babe.

Edge shoves her off, still smirking

Edge: Whatever you say. We've got work...to do.

Edge just notices the bodies laying around the warehouse.

Edge: Are they...?

Voice: They'll live.

Edge and Darkcat turn to see a man garbed in all black walk towards them. His head covered by a mask with horns coming out of the side, exposing only the mouth. His torso is armored, with a bat-symbol a darker shade of black than the rest of the outfit. His legs are also armored. He wears a rust-gold belt with mechanical pouches. Over this he wears a black trenchcoat with ridges at the end, giving the impression of bat-wings. On his arms are gauntlets, with three scallops coming out from them in an angular form.

Another voice, female this time, light and cheery, shows up:

Voice: Nice work Batsy. I only had to cover your back HALF the time this time.

The man shows no sign of emotion, only slightly blushes.

Edge: Who the hell are you guys?

Darkcat speaks up.

Darkcat: As you already know, unless you have a poor memory, I'm Darkcat. This is-

Male: KnightBat.

Edge ***** his head.

Edge: Batman or Man-Bat already taken

KnightBat just stares.

Woman: And I'm Amazonia.

She weras a white and gold leather jogging suit with an eagle covering the chest area and silver bracelets.

She puts out her hand, which Edge takes.

Edge: What are you guys here for?

KnightBat speaks.

KnightBat: You.

That was really good I hope you don't stop like you did with the Devil May Cry prequel.

Haha... I'm Darkcat, this is Knightbat.

Strangely hilarious.

White and gold leather jogging suit? JOGGING SUIT?!?! Hahahaha!! OMG, where is the fashion police when you need one!! :p

Other than that, good work, Dante! ;) :up:

DBella said:
White and gold leather jogging suit? JOGGING SUIT?!?! Hahahaha!! OMG, where is the fashion police when you need one!! :p

Other than that, good work, Dante! ;) :up:

Nothing says Amazon badass like jogging suit Bella!

Swordmaster said:
I saw a design for it and it looked cool :o
Can I see it?
I dunno... jogging suit... makes me think of... RUN DMC. :o What kind of shoes to go with the jogging suit? *I'm a typical shoe-obessed girl. :D:p*

GammaMike said:
Nothing says Amazon badass like jogging suit Bella!
You think so, GM?
I'd still like to get a visual of the suit though but for now... I'll take your word for it.

I can't imagine an Amazonian Goddess,such as yourself,looking bad in anything.;) :o

...Although I am quite curious to the design myself.

I don't believe I've ever seen anything like that...:confused:

This is gonna be short, so:

Chapter 4: The Lair

Edge: ...Me?

KnightBat: Yes you. I just said that. What are you dense? Are you ******ed or something?

Darkcat: Down boy.

KnightBat looks away.

DarkCat: We should explain this in private. Do you know where we can go?

Edge smirks.

Edge: I know just the place. It'll take a while to get there, though. Do you guys have a means to get there?

Amazonia chuckles.

Amazonia: I can fly, hon.

DarkCat: I've got my own motorcycle. It's in the alley next to yours.

Edge: Next to mine, eh? *he winks*

DarkCat: Don't get any ideas.

Edge: Whatever babe. *Turning to KnightBat* And what about you?

KnightBat takes out an octagonal cylindar and presses a button it. Lights fill the warehouse. It's a black...tank.

Edge:...Whoa.

Cut to: THE LAIR

The quartet arrives at an abandoned movie theater, park their vehicles in a garage, and walk in.

KnightBat: You live in a MOVIE THEATER!?

Edge: Of course not.

Edge presses the numbers "1120" on the cash register. A door opens up behind him.

DarkCat: Impressive.

KnightBat *begrudgingly*: Indeed.

The group walks in. The sight is a marvel to behold. There are walls filled with differant gadgets, 5 or so impressive-looking motorcycles, a science lab with a supercomputer and forensic equipment.

KnightBat: Damn.

Edge takes off his glasses and mask, then sighs. His hair becomes red, his physigue less toned. Bruises, scars, and cuts appear all over his body. His striking gray/silver eyes turn into a deep blue. Edge disappears. In his place is Kyle Enders.

Ooo... it seems you've learned the art of suspense, Dante... well done :up:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"