• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

I hate the PETA

owned-s.JPG

:up:

An American Indian or a believer in Karma would say that the man in the red and black jacket is about to pwn himself.
Cool.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I don't "believe" in screwing infants. I'm totally against it.
So I try to avoid screwing infants.
Unless, they're really hot, you know?
A better analogy is I believe some sex is wrong (rape, incest) but not all sex.

Some people are against the torture and careless destruction of animals but not against using them as food source.

Is that too complex for your far superior brain? :eek:

um, sex that isn't incest/rape is CONSENSUAL.

Are,...you trying to say that, as long as their slaughter and exploitation is relatively painless, animals CONSENT to be killed for food and clothing and hair products?

:confused:

LOL, wow....incredibly stupid as Hell...Hahahahaha.

No dumbass! Since you need things spelled out: I'm saying that killing some animals is ok as long as it's painless and humane just like sex is ok as long as it's responsible.

If your point was so obvious you wouldn't have to resort to childish insults...

DUMBASS! :eek:

Wow. They take the bait everytime around here, don't they?

blind_fury said:
No dumbass! Since you need things spelled out: I'm saying that killing some animals is ok as long as it's painless and humane just like sex is ok as long as it's responsible.
Seriously, are you insane?:(:confused:

How does a SWIFT throat-slit, pneumatic hammer crushing the skull or electrocution (ending of a life) line up with responsible sex?:confused: X 1,000,000 ?!?
Your juxtaposition of human sexuality and the murder of animals is seriously troubling.:eek:
Responsible sex doesn't, kill anybody....(well, except in a really weird jungle of Borneo or something).

blind_fury said:
If your point was so obvious you wouldn't have to resort to childish insults...

DUMBASS! :eek:
LOL, that part was cute.

I like animals because they can't press charges.

blind_fury said:
Ok if an alien race wanted humans as a food source would you prefer they:

A. kill us in our sleep while on vacation

B. torture us by using us in experiments also

C. kill us for sport and luxury clothing also

or D. All of the above

UM, I'd preFER that they eat corn, carrots and raid our planet for cabbage and kiwi fruits.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Seriously, are you insane?:(:confused:

How does a SWIFT throat-slit, pneumatic hammer crushing the skull or electrocution (ending of a life) line up with responsible sex?:confused: X 1,000,000 ?!?
Your juxtaposition of human sexuality and the murder of animals is seriously troubling.:eek:
Responsible sex doesn't, kill anybody....(well, except in a really weird jungle of Borneo or something).
ok, Bill thinks it's ok to kill animals but it is wrong to torture them. Is Bill a hypocrite?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
UM, I'd preFER that they eat corn, carrots and raid our planet for cabbage and kiwi fruits.
They can't do that because humans provide important nutrients and vitamins. :(

I'm thinking if some aliens wanted to use you in painful experiments you'd be grateful for other aliens who wanted to kill you in your sleep instead.

the human race are predators. . as such, i find it fully acceptable that we eat other animals in order to survive. i believe it fully acceptable that we use other animals in order to make our lives easier. i find it fully acceptable that we have domesticated some species for both of the above purposes, including medical research.
i find it fully acceptable that opnce we have killed the animals that we eat, we use as much of them as we can, including their skin for clothing and so on.
I find it unacceptable that whilst we breed these animals for our purposes, we are unable to give them a half decent existence.and i find it unacceptable that we breed animals specifically for the purpose of throwing most of it away so we can use a small strip of fur from its back.

I am more than happy to be kind to pets...I abhore people who abuse them for no reason...

Not that being said, many people in PETA are just like ECO-terrorists.

Humans are not better then animals, humans are animals.

Actually humans are the biggest mistake nature ever made. We advanced far to quick and our natural desire to change our surroundings is killing the planet on a massive scale.

I personally would let a hundred humans die to save ten animals. Not that I want humans to die, I just have no love for them as a species. And yes that includes myself in that last statement

Extremists, no matter what they support, are just difficult for me to want to follow. They're irrational and defensive. Anytime anyone says a word, they come back with ten. If I could sit down and have a non-propaganda laced conversation with someone, then I could potentially be swayed to feel differently than I do, but bleeding-heart liberalism just doesn't get my respect.

I dont have a problem with people eating animals, it's a natural thing to do, even though it's no longer really necessary with our current abilities to produce food. However I dont think people should take a cavalier attitude towards protecting them because "we're at the top of the food chain." That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say.

Humans are the most advanced form of life on the planet (though those 3 Toed Sloths are getting eerily close ;) ), we should shoulder the responsiblity of caring for and conserving other species. One because most of their "problems" are a result of our doing in some form, and secondly because when species start to disappear and eco-systems break down, all parts of it suffer include those at the top. Our survival depends on their's and vice versa.

PETA for the most part gets a bad rap. There are a few extreme sects of it that tarnish the image of an orgnaization that otherwise does a lot of good. PETA just happens to like to get the most press. There are a ton of other organizations that fight for the same cause but have better reps like WWF, Defenders of WildLife, etc.

"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it."- PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that woman a diabetic with the need to take insulin daily. And was not the treatment of diabetes and the insulin itself derived from animal testing.

The Incredible Hulk said:
PETA for the most part gets a bad rap. There are a few extreme sects of it that tarnish the image of an orgnaization that otherwise does a lot of good. PETA just happens to like to get the most press. There are a ton of other organizations that fight for the same cause but have better reps like WWF, Defenders of WildLife, etc.

Protection of wildlife is a whole other story, IMO. I'm all for that.

But all the PETA stunts I've read about lately have to do with trashing celebrities because they wear fur. Or putting on little shows like having people lying in giant cellophane and styrofoam meat packages.

Actually, random subject, but I wonder how they feel about arctic-dwellers and their gratuitous use of furs. I mean, is PETA going to go up and knit them all wool sweaters? I don't think that would cut it up in Yukon.

MajinShenron said:
I am for animal testing, why? It saves people like I said. Though, I am against anyone who tortures animal for self-amusement or unneeded things.

So, does this mean that you hate people who test on animals to make sure that eye mascara doesn't burn out your pupils or that wonderful new perfume doesn't tear out your skin?

Because while animal testing for medal reasons (which is absurd to begin with, because the biology of most animals differ to those of humans) may be ok, but testing for cosmetics and other such nonsense is bad. And cosmetic animal testing occurs a LOT more than medical animal testing.

PETA has great intentions, but like any group, a few bad apples (or misguided ones) can make the whole barrel look rotten.

Just my 2 cents...

:)

Cows=Food/clothing
Chickens=Food
Pigs=food
Deer=food
Cats+Dogs=Pets

All other animals are obstacles to our progress so they should get out of the way, or be destroyed :D

The whole stinking human race should go extinct overnight.

We are not the gods we think we are...we are a blight, a plague, a collection of pus filled zits spread across the earth.

The world belongs to the animals because they

a: outnumber us millions to one

b: have abilities far greater than ours, without our tools we are a bunch of harmless gibbering idiots.

Tyrinus said:
"Even if animal tests produced a cure for AIDS, we’d be against it."- PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that woman a diabetic with the need to take insulin daily. And was not the treatment of diabetes and the insulin itself derived from animal testing.

Back in 1925 (or whenever insulin was first introduced into the market), it was made as a by-product of beef and pork.

While those types of insulins still exists (used by elderly people who have continued using it despite new advancements in insulin technology and/or still prescribed by elderly doctors who may not be up to par with said insulin technology), there are now synthetic forms of insulin (Humulin & Humulog... the latter being an almost exact replica of real insulin as in how it reacts in your body).

Insulin doesn't need to be made from animals anymore. So I doubt it would be an issue to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"