• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Comics I Want The Web Shooters Back

e-three said:
Right now it's really easy to ignore because it's never really brought up that often that his webs are organic now. Like many people I prefer the good old web shooters but I do think there are some small things about the organics that could be explored...like since they're organic and not man made, does it mean they no longer dissolve after an hour? Are they weaker than web fluid? Stronger? Since he no longer has the adjustable nozzle, does that mean he can't make different types of webs anymore?

Well..it's pretty obvious they are weaker.

And probably the one thing I'd be most curious to find out, can he make webs indefinitely? If you remember, back when Spidey fought Venom for the first time, he was able to beat him because Venom used so much webbing trying to trap Spider-Man earlier that his "reserves" were running low, since the symbiote basically made the webbing out of itself. As Spidey put it, it was like a person losing lots of blood. Now I know Spider-Man isn't a symbiote, but his body has to be using something to generate those webs...something that has to be replenished perhaps? If so, then maybe if he uses his webs too much and/or too quickly he starts to get weak too, like the aforementioned person losing lots of blood? Or what effect would physical illness have on his ability to generate webbing?

I'm not saying devote a story arc to webbing or anything like that, but those types of things could be explored lightly here and there. I mean, if you're going to go with organic webs you might as well do something with it other than just "oh, I don't need web shooters anymore!"

:spidey:

SpideyInATree said:
Well, it doesn't really make much of a difference at this point whether it's webshooters or organics webbing.

But I liked the web shooters simply because Peter invented them at the age of fifteen. Came up with the fluid. In the early issues of Amazing Spider-Man, one thing Stan Lee did awesome at, was how his shooters would either run out, or malfunction during an epic, dramatic, much needed moment.

And I really liked them when Ben Reilly upgraded the arsenal with impact webbing and the web stingers. Those were some really neat ideas, that much like the entire Clone Saga, has become ignored...except in Spider-Girl...where the web shooters still reign supreme. So, if you want web shooters, read Spider-Girl in October. :up:

But I really don't care whether he has organics or web shooters at this point. If they're not going to run with the arsenal upgrades, than what's even the point of keeping the shooters around?

But, yeah, they will be sorely missed.

Plus, interesting plot moments happened from the shooters. Running out of fluid at the wrong time, having them crushed, clogging, forgetting them, etc.

celldog said:
You know it's gonna go away. Spidey will end up turning on Tony because someone dies. But Tony no doubt has some fail safes woven into the spidey suit, that will take Pete down. :spidey:

thats why i think pete will beat tony to end this war. tony will assume pete's an idiot and pete will be like "surprise! i took off your dumb suit five minutes ago!" *whack* Thus using his brain...

Doc Destruction said:
Plus, interesting plot moments happened from the shooters. Running out of fluid at the wrong time, having them crushed, clogging, forgetting them, etc.

yeah but didnt it annoy you when it was always at so convenient a place? "i'll be able to catch Venom II from falling to his death. Oh no! webshooters crushed! the kid who must die to show the evil of the symbiote and further this story has died because of a conveniently placed web-shooter failure!"

Hell i want spiderman to lose every damn power he got in the last 20 years. Whats sad is that for all the crap thats been done to it. The symbiote was petes best alt costume. It was simple and didnt make pete a dumb ***** with mystical powers.

I welcome the day when i can change my avatar when iron mystical spidey goes away. Until then i will wear spidermans shame.

Well I like the organics in the movie because it made the origin flow better on screen however there was no reason to change it in the comics. Just another moot change to get new readers from the movie which will never come.

Oh well.

MyPokerShirt said:
yeah but didnt it annoy you when it was always at so convenient a place? "i'll be able to catch Venom II from falling to his death. Oh no! webshooters crushed! the kid who must die to show the evil of the symbiote and further this story has died because of a conveniently placed web-shooter failure!"

Never annoyed me, not once.

The chance for them not to work was a very real stance on the character.

I get tired of his organic webs being so weak.

I really hope the shooters show up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"