World How to make the spiderman web shooters.

hi i'm new but i have been reading some of your post this is pretty cool but what is the exact formula your going with?

Hi guys!
I'm just wondering if you'd be able to post some of the instructions and materials you have so far for the web shooters. I'd really like to make a pair of my own and if I could catch up where you guys are up to, I might be able to help with develping web fluid.
Many thanks! :D

My email is: [email protected] if you'd be able to email it to me as well? :spidey: :yay:

Hey white widow. hear me out. Ok... I like your idea for a web formula. im going to try it myself. Some people want to swing on it so reply and i will give u the idea:spidey:

hey guys im new here trying to catch up? any thing i can work on? im a chem major at Concord University second year.

Ive been thinking of the cooling system why dont you use nitrogen.

I thought of something else for the shooter. If one were to add a high iron powder concentration and open the pressure valve by using an electromagnetic coil, then the iron filaments would magnetize and when they exit the shooter, would attract to itself meaning that the strand would become stronger and stick together instead of flying off into different strands. Also, after some research, I think I could easily build one of these electromagnetic valves and with a few edits to the cartridges, they could be easily replaced. All I need to do is figure out a specific pressure and get a budson burner and I can build a prototype.

Finally I think I need to think more carefully about the adhesive. Since most adhesives lose tackiness with heat, I need to wonder if it increases once the heat is absent or if the glue is lost forever. Anywho, I think the best wec would be a water based contact cement and polyeurethane until I can track down some nano-glue. the water would cause the polyeurethane to expand and the contact cement would stick until the contents evaporate which would be about half a second after the web leaves the can. The advantage of using the cement is that the rope would be more elastic and the adhesive would come off clean within a few hours. The advantage with the polyeurethane is that it cures hard and it expands and a reaction with sodium will make it harden. As for the nylon, it highly increases the tensile strength and iron will strengthen and magentize the web. The only thing missing from this is a dissolving feature.
i was thinking of a design that would fit the whole arm and that would have two pressurized canisters with the right psi and woild spin with each other to make the strands like in the movie and would cool using a device.i have to figure out that device and that would cool it to increase the tensile strength while having it shoot out with a somewhat medium size device spread from the arm and would have adhesiveness to come off your hands while you try to get offf of the web line.im open for tips as well as my mistakes in my design.

i was thinking of a design that would fit the whole arm and that would have two pressurized canisters with the right psi and woild spin with each other to make the strands like in the movie and would cool using a device.i have to figure out that device and that would cool it to increase the tensile strength while having it shoot out with a somewhat medium size device spread from the arm and would have adhesiveness to come off your hands while you try to get offf of the web line.im open for tips as well as my mistakes in my design.
yes white_widow i do agree and we might be able to make a cooling device while it is heating so it wouldnt lose any tensile strength and adhesive propertys but there might be a cost and there could be complications with my theroy and i have looked how to make some and no one has made many real ones and they dont show how so imnew and i could work with you guys to buld the shooter and help develop the webbing,and the formulas for the webbing.

that could work with te air but wouldnt itneed more heat and propetys to still have adhesive strength with the factor looming of the tensile strength decreasing.please post tips and what might be wrong with my thery.

you can use nitrogen but it may have a chance of freezing the web to your shooter and to the object.i thing you should be able to put the same amount of heat and cooling so really nothing can freeze or burn and take consideration to the air and to the delay in the shooter if your swinging because you might not have a good distance from the groud if swinging and that your shooter could actually have no delay if desighned it right and the web would have to mix with more strands inside the shooter.please reply.:yay::yay:

Now after discussing the properties of a possible fluid design, I offer two questions.

1.) What is the end behavior of the web? That is to say, what properties are held by the end of the web. It it shaped like a net, does it remain in one strand, does it spread like shot gun fire (while simultaneously being wound around the web), or would the ends curl in on themselves?

2.) Would creating the fluid be cost effective? Assuming that I could come up with the formula of a nylon polymer that had highly elastic qualities that was biodegradable, how much would it cost to make? To answer, At least thirty dollars a meter. If a person weighs about spiderman's weight, estimated to be around 160 lbs, then the max net force on the webbing would be 300 lbs due to gravity and momentum. This means that the nylon would have to be put together in tons of mini strands to catch a person. That doesn't include all the extra weight he carries.

So here's an alternate idea. Since a webshooter can be modified to hold more webbing, but the fluid is really expensive, (If silly string runs out that quickly, imagine marvelites everywhere with the real deal.) Then why not hold premade webbing. My suggestion is this. Fishing line that holds 300lbs.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:referralID=NA

This cost is about equal to get more than the nylon compounds. (Proof is at http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/Sho...id/0/SFV/30852)

The only difficulty there is to figure out how to shoot the fishing line. It isn't hard to find an adhesive that won't change the chemical formula and it will stick (unless line is teflon coated.) The shooter would certainly have to be modified but it would guarenteed hold weight and allow for easy adhesive coating.

Now here's another question. What does everyone want this webshooter for? Swinging, coating friends, improvised rope, blinding people, or anything else? Since spiderweb is near impossible to recreate technologically, we would need to have a purpose so we could plan accordingly. A webshooter has been created, but it only holds ten pounds and it is bulkier than toy's R Us. I found it at http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t347614.html
From there, there are modifications that can be made to increase strength and properties. In my opinion, the one who made this is a genius.

The end of the webbing should have to have to band together for the adhesivness and the tensile strength are factors of the webbing.:yay::yay:

in the design for my web shooter i have a steel ring around the spinneret that is filled with nitrogen. when the condensed water hits the webs fluid it should cool it off just enough so it dosent burn any thing.

like i said not sounding mean it would have to be balanced heat,cooling,and pressure if not balanced it also might freeze or burn the object,webs,and your shooter.also im not mean,im new,smart,and i had a questin as follows:where do the replys appear at i do need that help?:cwink::woot::huh:

the spinning chamber in my design heats the fluid hot enough to cause thrid degree burns. and by the way the ring is sealed off so that nothing gets frozen.

Get out, get out, get out, get out, get out, get out!!!!! This thread is over!!!!!

Your idea is great White widow I think the forearm web shooter is better then the wrist web shooter, but don't you think and i'm not doudting you I'm just curious that cable is stronger than bio tensule

Your idea is great White widow I think the forearm web shooter is better then the wrist web shooter, but don't you think and i'm not doudting you I'm just curious that cable is stronger than bio tensule

Clearly you did not read the above post. White Widow is gone on a mission trip for two years. If you want to post, go to the branching forums: the shooter shop class and formula forums in the products tab.

White widow I want to make my own web shooter but I don't know chemistry can you help me please? I would tell you why I want to make my own web shooter, but I,m afraid you'll laugh.

Elxiah will you help me then, I mean I do hate to ask, because your working on your own web shooter and all, but the reason why I'm asking is because I never took chemistry in school, and I wouldn't know what to do.

Click on products and go to webshooter shop class or webbing formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"