If they ever do Two-Face again...

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
CG or Make-Up?

I really feel like make-up might be the way to go here. We got the CG Two-Face so recently, and that worked very well for this kind of iteration...

tumblr_n18nijxYoT1sotybdo1_500.jpg

But if they wanted to go this way...

tumblr_nbdzcomfTq1rvty4bo1_500.jpg

Make-up is probably the better way to go. And I think I'd like to see that.

What, no takers?

Well I would have said make up but the CG in the Dark Knight was phenomenal. It's not the same case as the Joker here, so I'm gonna say CGI again, because it looked real.

I just hope we can finally get a Two Face (if they use him again) that has a split personality but isn't over the top.

CGI. The grotesqueness of Two-Face's scarred side is often highlighted by the movement and contorting of burnt, boiled ligament. And what is the one thing that hinders movement? Make up. Actors are a lot more free to perform with just dots on their faces. With CGI you get the truthfulness of their performance under the nasty visage of burned justice.

I don't mind either one, as long as they convincingly sell him as a man who's had the skin on half his body burned/eaten off.

The CGI in TDK was pretty spectacular. I'd be up for make-up as long as they can do it convincingly.

Maybe.... maybe.

You just can't beat this.

1529428-two_face_6711.jpg

Yeah, I think they nailed the character and look despite his face not being splashed with acid but if they had to I want his look to look like what we got in "Arkham City" but go back to the two-sided suit. I always preferred the "BTAS" look.

maxresdefault.jpg

1stworld-batman-twoface.jpg

How they show the burns I'm not too fussed, what I do want though is the schizophrenic aspects of the character to come through, it's the wqhole point of the character, that one side takes over and governs Harvey's indecisive side. As good as Eckhardt was in the role, none of that came out, he went from rational to angry in a blink of an eye, the change is gradual and distintive shades in the performance, a clear difference, we did not get that in TDK.

CGI. The grotesqueness of Two-Face's scarred side is often highlighted by the movement and contorting of burnt, boiled ligament. And what is the one thing that hinders movement? Make up. Actors are a lot more free to perform with just dots on their faces. With CGI you get the truthfulness of their performance under the nasty visage of burned justice.
Agree with all that. :up:

Go the Tommy Lee Jones route and make him half purple.

Go with make up this time but I wouldn't bother if the next director goers with CGI.

I would like to see two-sided suit next time. I would be ok with make-up frankly.

I want a mixture of both.
Similar to how they did Freddy's makeup in the NOES remake.
CG for the eye and exposed teeth & makeup for the rest.
images

342a3153e3a72bfa22b7e3c221fff1406b84f4cc.jpg

The TDK look was awesome and all but it's too intense for the type of Two-face that I want to see...
Which is a Two-Face that can actually be an active criminal for for longer than one night.:oldrazz:

They were able to go all out in TDK because they didn't need him to live for very long.

Last edited:
I'm in the mix the two category. If the majority of the ligaments seem to move and pulse with life, and ne or two seem so damaged they don't even move but just kind of hang there, that would be a nice effect if the makeup had the effect of helping the actor get into the spirit of being horrifically maimed on one side of his face. Maybe give him a droopy lip kind of like the first big name badguy on Blacklist had, and maybe give him a seemingly sightless eye so that the actor can practice getting an unsettling and yet uneven stare.

Karl Urban or Jon Hamm as Harvey Dent/Two Face gets my vote

This look will probably never be done in live-action, but it's just so damn cool.

doscaras.jpg

bruce_timm__two-face__001.jpg

Dentdes2.jpg

I hope we at least get a two-tone white/black suit.

I love CGI but I'd love to see it done with make-up next time. You get a phenomenal make-up effects artist at the helm & we're bound to get something mind-blowing.

That brings guys like Rick Baker to mind...

Problem with make up is that it hinders movement, and therefore limits what an actor can do. Back then it was the only option, now, with 'digital' makeup, there is no reason to feel constrained.

Look at Two Face in TDk: you could see the blistered tendons move and contort as he talked. Making him look even more grotesque.

Plus, if you have one side of your face immobile thanks to a lot of makeup, it would affect your performance in the other.

I would seriously be satisfied with a cameo from Two-Face in this next solo film, that's all. A really cool shot from behind, of Harvey in his cell at Arkham. You see the hair, the coin being flipped. You dont need a real actor for this, you don't need a crazy makeup team or spend money on CG. I dont need to see "Dent" for a very long time (plus a version of him is on tv now). I think this is how DC will handle characters like Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and even Gordon. We'll get references or cool cameos but nothing more. Gordon is the lead of an ongoing tv series. They'll probably have Gordon in a smaller role next movie, or he'll be dead.

I think Joker is up next with Harley by his side. Ill be very surprised if other rogues like Harvey get a lot of screen-time. And i dont think we'll get another solo film after 2019's for quite a few years after that.

As for Two-Face's look. I really have no idea if they would go digital or organic with the "makeup".

The next time Two-Face has a chunky role, they should just make him the lead villain. But like i said, i can't see it happening for 10, maybe 20 years. Im afraid cameos is all we're getting folks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"