The Dark Knight In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

This is a thread to discuss and praise Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight. Compare him to past incarnations and just generally praise how he has revolutionized the role for the next generation of fanboys. :hoboj:

Update 1/22/08: This is also a celebration of the life of this promising young actor. A young man who was taken from this earth far too soon.

2yy75vm.jpg

The Complete History of Joker

http://gothamalleys.blogspot.com/2010/09/complete-history-of-joker.html

There's no doubt in my mind that Heath would have rejoined the cast for TDKR. And it's sad to know that he now won't be. Here's to Heath (The Joker)

jokerkaboombydarknight7.jpg

--dk7

Heath will always be MY Joker. Yes I grew up with Hamill and I love his performances to death but, my god, Heath MADE TDK, he gave me a new obsession like I've never known before. Never before have I watched a movie and just been so captivated by a performance, just hanging on every word and completely mesmerized. I can watch the movie a thousand times and each time I will see something new in his performance, some little subtlety he's thrown in either physically or psychologically (psychotically?).

Thatsnoclown.jpg

jokerclap.gif

^^^ What is that scan from?

Without Ledgers performance TDK would have been a good movie but not a great one (like BB). He is what separated the movie from the pack.

Without Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs wouldn't have been as good. Without Doc Ock, Spider-Man 2 wouldn't have been as good as it was. Without Nightcrawler, X-Men 2 wouldn't have been good as it was. Take out Catwoman from Batman Returns and it wouldn't be as good as it was. Take out Rhorsach from Watchmen and it wouldn't be as good as it was etc etc.

Taking a vital character out of any movie lessens the quality. I don't know why people always bring that up.

Last edited:
LOL it looks really cute.

Without Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs wouldn't have been as good. Without Doc Ock, Spider-Man 2 wouldn't have been as good as it was. Without Nightcrawler, X-Men 2 wouldn't have been good as it was. Take out Catwoman from Batman Returns and it wouldn't be as good as it was. Take out Rhorsach from Watchmen and it wouldn't be as good as it was etc etc.

Taking a vital character out of any movie lessens the quality. I don't know why people always bring that up.

I never said take the character out, its about the actor. Ledger is what made it. Chances are if another actor was cast it wouldn't have been as good of a movie. He aced that performance.

Nobody mentioned taking the "Character" out of anything.

Oh ok. My bad. It's just a common thing you see people say. I thought that's what you were saying. Sorry about that.

Take out Nightcrawler and X-men 2 is still a solid film, the guy hade an amazing opening scene, but he never really did much after that

And this is just opinion but Dr.Octopus was a good villain but i felt i liked him mainly because i was so sick of seeing the whole MJ and Peter love drama, that it was a welcomed change to see him anytime he was on screen.

I think that under sells Doc Ock. Even if there had been no MJ drama, I think Doc Ock would still be equally compelling.

Happy 3rd Anniversary TDK , These are some of my favorite tv spots featuring The Joker

Last edited:
Ledger's Joker was lightning in a bottle. It really cannot be replicated, and he was the perfect person for that incarnation of the Joker. Of course, that doesn't mean we can't offer our own tribute, which is what we did here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgRElxiqFg

^^^ That is BEAUTIFUL :up:

Heath Ledger was not recognizable in this film. Seriously, I can't believe he was the Joker. He was exceptional. That's the sign of a very good actor.

It is such a shame he will not light up the screens again.

Yeah That is.

I love ledger's Joker it's still amazing. R.I.P Heath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"