The Dark Knight In Heath We Trust: A Ledgerbration: The TDK Joker Appreciation Thread - Part 1

There was a bunch of differencs in the tv spots from what was actually in the movie, and the weird thing, is that I liked the delivery in the tv spots more.

-"it's simple. Kill the Bat-Man". Compared to the movie, where he says, "it's simple, we uhh, kill the Batman".

-"owww, I love this job". Compared to "I like this job....I like it".

And I think there may have been another, but I can't think of it off the top of my head, and yes, I like the way he delivered it in the tv spot that you showed, too.

Are you thinking of the "good evening ladies and gentlemen" line? There were three versions of it. One of them was higher pitched than the other two, but they chose not to use it in the film. I wish they did. Also, there is a clip of Joker telling Chechen, "This city is mine" and Ledger/Pfister really did a good job on that particular shot. I'll try to look it up. Wish they had included it in the movie.

Are you thinking of the "good evening ladies and gentlemen" line? There were three versions of it. One of them was higher pitched than the other two, but they chose not to use it in the film. I wish they did. Also, there is a clip of Joker telling Chechen, "This city is mine" and Ledger/Pfister really did a good job on that particular shot. I'll try to look it up. Wish they had included it in the movie.
I don't know, there were so many trailers, and they all had different takes. I would have to watch all of them again to pick the ones I'm talking about. Maybe I'll do it if I have some free time later this weekend?

Found the Joker/Chechen thing I was talking about. He says, "This TOWN is mine now." Heath looks amazing. Really good camerawork by Pfister too. I wish they had used it in the film. It is at the 2:18 mark of the Dominos trailer:

[YT]I8WGQsmNQpA[/YT]

Epic.

That is epic. I love the wide eye thing he does with his eyes, and the hand gesture of course.

Darn shame they didn't use that one.

Eh, it's okay I guess. I like the version they used better.

Damn, that trailer is great. Never saw it before. Makes me want to re-live watching TDK for the first time.

Heath Ledger was good in the role... but Jack Nicholson is still my favourite Joker. :awesome:

Mark Hamill has played the Joker so much, I'm kind of getting sick of it. :doh: After the Arkham games, I think he should stay retired. Not saying he's bad, though.

Jack is my least favorite. I heard something about Mark Hamill officially retiring from Joker now.

Hey guys... I've been searching for this for a while now. Does anyone have that image of Heath in Joker makeup, outside a trailer and out of character, taking a photo with the PA guys?

Hey guys... I've been searching for this for a while now. Does anyone have that image of Heath in Joker makeup, outside a trailer and out of character, taking a photo with the PA guys?

You mean this one?

Joker-o-heath-ledger-6281385-604-453.jpg

Cool avatar

watching " naked " a while back made me think. you guys think david thewlis' performance as johnny may have inspired heath's joker performance just a tad bit ? they seem atleast similar to me. i know the main influences were alex delarge, johnny rotten/sid vicious, iggy pop etc. but i think maybe heath was watching this a bit as well.

i like to think before the joker in this movie became.... well ... the joker.... he was alot like johnny in ways.

Last edited:
Just found this. I haven't seen it before and thought it was pretty cool:

tumblr_lx6r89X8Ge1r7iqmzo1_500.jpg

Haha, that is so random.

Goddamn I love the internet.

Somebody who didnt really like Ledgers version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"