The Wolverine In Place of Hugh Jackman?

I know he's old but was watching warrior the other day and thought Joel edgerton would make a good logan

Going back in time I still insist a Lethal Weapon 1 era Mel Gibson would have been perfect for Logan.

Of current possibilities Tom Hardy would be my favorite, though Christian Kane could probably pull it off. Kit Harrington is short and in great shape, but I have not seen him in anything outside GoT so I can't be sure if he can pull it off acting wise.

I'd add Travis Fimmel, he's on the wrong side of tall but he can really play an enigmatic wild man.
nm1379938

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23aCJ5Hi6k[/YT]

This must be one of the most challenging roles to cast in modern CBMs.

This is basically an iconic role made even more iconic by Hugh Jackman's portrayal. So much so that the entire series became designed around him and he basically defines x-men now.

For the re-cast the following requirements will have to be met

1. Get a young actor. In late 20's or early 30's. To match Jackman's trajectory. Jackman started when he was 30/31. This age bracket will ensure a long innings for the actor as well as help with Point No. 4.

2. Involved Hugh in the casting process. Pay him a couple of millions to attend auditions and stuff and select candidates and slap on a Executive Producer credit on the re-cast actors first outing so that fans have confidence in his casting and so that he has the full endorsement of Jackman.

3. Be height agnostic. Jackman has owned the role that the role has basically become redefined. If a 6 foot 2 actor can play the role and be loved my fans and GA and comic book writers and everyone, proves that it is a needlessly limiting requirement which will rule out perfectly great candidates because of their tall height. So chuck the height requirement and be game for any height.

4. And lastly, the recast actor would literally have to become a bodybuilder. That's how Jackman has lived his life this past decade and he has said that his routine to prepare for his appearances as Wolverine are exactly the same as bodybuilders.

This is how Jackman looked in his last appearance as Wolverine at the age of 46.

tumblr_n602ua12Of1swdsh3o9_1280.png

Jackman has raised the bar again and again for a what a CBM physique can look like or should look like and above is the most cut most vascular an actor has ever got for a superhero role. It goes with the character and a physical representation of the rage inside him, makes him look like an animal Jackman said.

So the recast actor would have to be physically up to scratch. Comparisons would invariably follow with statements like if a 46 year old father of 2 A-list oscar nominee can get into such incredible shape, what's preventing a young around 30 year old actor.

The physical demands of this role are huge so (as stated in point 1) they should ideally get a young actor who can make the transformation and then remain this way for a decade.

I think Jackman has taken the physically to such extremes that I feel for the poor recast actor. Couple that with his fame and popularity and this is a very difficult role to cast and very challenging for any young actor to fill the shoes of Hugh Jackman.

With Jackman leaving and the X-Men apparently donning colorful costumes in Apocalpyse, does anyone else think they might go with a masked Wolverine when he's reintroduced? I wouldn't complain if they did.

And regarding matching Jackman's physique, I wouldn't be surprised if they put Wolvy in a badass costume anyways, instead of going shirtless.

Last edited:
Yeah It will help the actor a lot they can easily put a muscle suit under the costume to make him look bigger. I was also thinking about Scott Eastwood as a potential replacement for Hugh I mean Eastwood looks similar to Hugh and Hugh looks a lot like Easwoods dad.

rs_293x473-130917075703-634-jc-eastwood-2-913.jpeg

Last edited:
He isn't old enough though. Maybe in 10 years.

Hmmm well Wolvie 3 doesn't come out until 2017, and the next time we see him may be 2018/2019 Or later (depending on if they will give the character a break for a few movies or not) so it could very well be 6or so years before we would see him on screen.

I do agree though that for now he's a bit too young

It all depends on the actor. Jackman was only like 30 in X1. Not to mention he might be paired with the younger X-Men.

Robert Carlyle from Trainspotting and 28 Weeks Later.

Let's get a Wolverine who's an angry runt.

I saw him on Once Upon a Time.. I don't think he would be ideal for Wolverine.

Yeah It will help the actor a lot they can easily put a muscle suit under the costume to make him look bigger. I was also thinking about Scott Eastwood as a potential replacement for Hugh I mean Eastwood looks similar to Hugh and Hugh looks a lot like Easwoods dad.

rs_293x473-130917075703-634-jc-eastwood-2-913.jpeg

As a straight male: that's a good looking guy. Problem is I don't want them to get someone with the typical hollywood look for the next Wolverine. Don't get to crazy with it, but I want them to go closer to the Wolverine from the comics.

Post-Jackman they can go two ways- either they go with someone similar to Hugh for continuity and if that is the case, I'd like Scott Eastwood, then.
Scott-Eastwood.jpg

Or, given the younger cast they have, they may go for a younger actor and maybe go closer to the comics by some vfx/prosthetics and all, maybe. If that's the case, I'd like Kit Harrington who is pretty short- he's actually shorter that Sophie (though that doesn't really matter) and is a talented actor.
e1wjdz2Huv0.jpg

Scott Eastwood as the Wolverine

d9pCDur.jpg

Last edited:
Kit Harrington as Wolverine would be hilarious.

You know nothing, Eddie Dean.:p

Last edited:
I'm for Scott Eastwood if he could bulk up. He's decent enough. Loads of potential there.

All this of course is based on the assumption that his Suicide Squad role is minor. But in case the rumours are right and he is indeed playing Slade Wilson Wolverine could be so much more difficult.

I'm surprised no one has posted the latest casting video for Wolverine. Conan just aired it and I personally love the last one.... her adamantium claws are legit! LOL.

so basically the only thing you have to fulfill to become Wolverine is to be hairy, grumpy and veeeerrrryyy manly.

shouldn't be too complicated to find someone for that part...

what about Sam Worthington?

716548_KS8R871PMKOTBO3G4MF7VFWFJZ2M6F_2010-beverly-hills-portrait-session-sam-worthington-11087579_H142525_L.jpg

p.s. but I totally want sexy Kit Harington! just because!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"