The Wolverine In Place of Hugh Jackman?

I'd rather pick Justin Theroux to be the next Wolverine. He almost bears an exact resemblance to Hugh Jackman.

No more tall pretty boys.

Get Robert Carlyle.

Yeah he's skinny but otherwise perfect.

Watch him in Trainspotting. He's a firey runt who could make the Juggernaut piss himself. That's more important than getting a sex symbol. Get the drama and turmoil right and Wolverine movies could be the Japanese westerns they should be.

I'd rather pick Justin Theroux to be the next Wolverine. He almost bears an exact resemblance to Hugh Jackman.
I thought this was about recasting the character, not recasting the actor portraying the character?

I thought this was about recasting the character, not recasting the actor portraying the character?

OP never specified.

No more tall pretty boys.

Get Robert Carlyle.

Yeah he's skinny but otherwise perfect.

Watch him in Trainspotting. He's a firey runt who could make the Juggernaut piss himself. That's more important than getting a sex symbol. Get the drama and turmoil right and Wolverine movies could be the Japanese westerns they should be.
This Trainspotting clip is hilarious. I wasn't expecting Rocket when you made that description.
Love Carlyle (only seen him as Rumpelstiltskin ~ would make the perfect Norman Osborn), but would you happen to have a more apt example?

Aside from the more suitable replacements mentioned here like Phoenix & Emile Hirsch (very curious to know how they'd both get the voice down),
Antony Starr's Lucas Hood is my go-to "in place of".

Just found this thread. Funny reading through it. It's like a time capsule.

Anyway I'll add to the Tom Hardy cosign. Even Hugh Jackman has recommended him.
http://www.slashfilm.com/hugh-jackman-wants-tom-hardy-as-wolverine/

He's got the height, acting talent and commitment, and he's also got geek cred. He's the only actor that fans would blindly accept and not give him the "we'll wait and see" treatment.

I think Hardy can do to Jackman's "Wolverine" what Garfield did to Maguire's "Spider-Man" make us totally forget about thee previous incarnation
Harry's acting talent IMO totally blows Jackman's outta the water
Jackman is good but it's because no other actor has been given a chance

100% agree. The best thing is there's still so many more aspects of Wolverines personality that's yet to be explored.
His womanizing. The guy is a pu$$y hound lets face it.
His rudness.
Arrogance
Short temper
Beserker rage.
I'm still yet to see all of this displayed on screen to a standard I'm satisfied with. We got a small glimpse of the rage in X2, but I think we deserve to see more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"