Inception video game on the way!!

socool

True
Reaction score
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...pher-nolan-confirms-inception-video-game.aspx

The director chatted recently about the upcoming Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, Inception's ending, and his participation in an Inception game.

Back in September, you may remember Christopher Nolan teasing the possibility of an Inception game, but now it sounds like it's definitely happening.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Nolan has the following to say:

“I always imagined Inception to be a world where a lot of other stories could take place. At the moment, the only direction we’re channeling that is by developing a videogame set in the world.”

Nolan wouldn't name any developer or publisher involved with the game, and said the project is "a longer-term proposition.” Based on his statements, it sounds like Nolan is much more interested in making an Inception game rather than a movie sequel.

“As for [movie] sequels," Nolan says, "it’s not something I want to say no to, but it’s not something I’ve given a lot of thought about.”
:wow: That...is...amazing. My mind is blown to the farthest reaches if space.

If this game proves to be a big success, Inception will become the milestone in video game making, and every other game will be compared to it. Also games we've loved will become nolanized :awesome:

Nice! An Inception video game that Nolan is overseeing. There's a possibility it could actually be good for a game based on a movie since it's not being rushed to meet the release of the film. They should do this more often with games. If the movie is a hit, then make the game and put some time into it.

I think Quantiac Dream would be a good team to make the game, as long as they're not writing it. It really depends on what kind of gameplay they want, though. Quantiac Dream would make more of an adventure game with the emphasis being on narrative, but it's possible that Nolan wants something that is more about creating a dream world. In that sense, it could almost be like a dark and gritty version of Little Big Planet.

I'm hoping for an action/adventure game with a strong narrative and cast of characters. (Like Uncharted.)

Maybe Uncharted meets Little Big Planet? :eek:

I think Inception could be a great game, if done correctly. Imagine you have to bring a team do missions inside a mark's dream world, and if one of the members got killed you have to go down deeper to "kick" him or her back up. And if you manipulate the reality in the dream too much, the subconscious will strike back and it will turn into a real battle scene. It can be a terrific game, and I think Bioware should do it. :word:

who cares about an Inception game, bring on the sequal....... Cobalt Engineering vs. Cobb

Sorry pal, but a video game sounds more promissing than a sequel, the movie should stand as its oun and a game based on this is a good idea.
For the gameplay, well, be original, L.A.Noire had an original gameplay inspired by other games.
The same should happen here, they must spend time figuring out a way to make this game original and something other games will try to copy, if it could have multiplayer they could make this very interactive.
For example, the main story would have some puzzles and to figure them out the player could try to enter in other players that have already figured the way out of that certain level and steal the information, with each play having the ability to customise the protection in their minds, so that nobody can steal from them while they're offline.
Or, in multiplayer each player would choose a class in each team, like one would be the architect, one would be like cobb as the leader, and so on.
There are many possibilities but it will certainly be difficult to find a way to make all this work

Well, I've heard Nolan mention he does have an idea for a sequel. So, if he's down for one then I'd be open to watch it. Otherwise, no thanks.

And I've heard mention on the Giant Bombcast that the rumor is that Monolith, the guys behind F.E.A.R. and Condemned, are the ones working on Inception.

I'd like to see what they'd come up with, gameplay wise, if they're the team on it.

The idea sounded interesting, i wonder what happened to the project

Yeah WTF happened to it? I presume the whole thing got binned. TBH I would rather that than a p***poor movie game. Were any developers attatched?

An Inception game does have a ridiculous amount of potential imagine a multiplayer campaign that works just like the film. 4/5 players all enter level 1 then one has to stay, the next 3/4 go down, one has to stay. And all the events synchronize to the level below. That would be ******* mindblowing and with the stuff they can do these days, probably entirely possible.

However all I can imagine is a ***** movie license game with no replay value whatsoever. Though to me every game should be as big as Mass Effect :D (I've just started ME1 and been playing 3 and a half hours and done 1 mission)

I hope in the next Grand Theft Auto game you can play on a console and the game would be Gran theft Auto San Andreas , and while playing that, you would go to the Arcade and play a game within game within a game:yay:

Could be good. Wonder what the gameplay would be like.

I have a theory that WB created Warner Bros Montreal for a game like 'Inception', and Arkham Origins is to get their feet wet.

Would love to see an Inception video game. As long as someone good is making it.

Uncharted meets Little Big Planet would pretty much blow my mind. And that's part of the problem... you can't 'play' an Architect, and without that, it's just another action game with a gimmick and a story. What would set it apart from Remember Me for instance?

The movie was interesting, don't see the idea used to make a good video game though, I expect something mostly like Heavy Rain in gameplay
The limbo and bending reality was done fine in the new DmC game, I think maybe that is the best thing using Inception ideas for a video game

Damn. This thread bump got me excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"