Official Rock Band 2 thread

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
Looks like my old Rock Band thread has disappeared, so it's time for a new thread. Feel free to discuss new the original Rock Band and songs from the Rock Band Store, too! Now, let's start off with a list of known facts about the game:

The song list:

1. AC/DC “Let There Be Rock” 1970s
2. AFI “Girl’s Gone Grey” 2000’s
3. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” 1990’s
4. Alice in Chains “Man in the Box” 1990’s
5. Allman Brothers “Ramblin’ Man” 1970’s
6. Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy” 2000’s
7. Bad Company “Shooting Star” 1970’s
8. Beastie Boys “So Whatcha Want” 1990’s
9. Beck “E-Pro” 2000’s
10. Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl” 1990’s
11. Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I” 1980’s
12. Blondie “One Way or Another” 1970’s
13. Bob Dylan “Tangled Up in Blue” 1970’s
14. Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” 1980’s
15. Cheap Trick “Hello There” 1970’s
16. Devo “Uncontrollable Urge” 1980’s
17. Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain” 1990’s
18. Disturbed “Down with the Sickness” 2000’s
19. Dream Theater “Panic Attack” 2000’s
20. Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf” 1980’s
21. Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” 1970’s
22. Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way” 1970’s
23. Foo Fighters “Everlong” 1990’s
24. Guns N’ Roses “Shackler’s Revenge” 2000’s
25. Interpol “PDA” 2000’s
26. Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song” 1980’s
27. Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 1970’s
28. Jimmy Eat World “The Middle” 2000’s
29. Joan Jett “Bad Reputation” 1980’s
30. Journey “Anyway You Want It” 1970’s
31. Judas Priest “Painkiller” 1990’s
32. Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son” 1970’s
33. L7 “Pretend We’re Dead” 1990’s
34. Lacuna Coil “Our Truth” 2000’s
35. Linkin Park “One Step Closer” 2000’s
36. Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” 1990’s
37. Lush “De-Luxe” 1990’s
38. Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” 2000’s
39. Megadeth “Peace Sells” 1980’s
40. Metallica “Battery” 1980’s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Where’d You Go” 1990’s
42. Modest Mouse “Float On” 2000’s
43. Motorhead “Ace of Spades” 1980’s
44. Nirvana “Drain You” 1990’s
45. Norman Greenbaum “Spirit in the Sky” 1960’s
46. Panic at the Disco “Nine in the Afternoon” 2000’s
47. Paramore “That’s What You Get” 2000’s
48. Pearl Jam “Alive” 1990’s
49. Presidents of the USA “Lump” 1990’s
50. Rage Against the Machine “Testify” 1990’s
51. Ratt “Round & Round” 1980’s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away” 1990’s
53. Rise Against “Give it All” 2000’s
54. Rush “The Trees” 1970’s
55. Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye” 2000’s
56. Smashing Pumpkins “Today” 1990’s
57. Social Distortion “I Was Wrong” 1990’s
58. Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot” 1980’s
59. Soundgarden “Spoonman” 1990’s
60. Squeeze “Cool for Cats” 1970’s
61. Steely Dan “Bodhitsattva” 1970’s
62. Steve Miller Band “Rock’n Me” 1970’s
63. Survivor “Eye of the Tiger” 1980’s
64. System of a Down “Chop Suey” 2000’s
65. Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
66. Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
67. Testament “Souls of Black” 1990’s
68. The Donnas “New Kid in School” 2000’s
69. The Go-Go’s “We Got the Beat” 1980’s
70. The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway” 1980’s
71. The Guess Who “American Woman” 1970’s
72. The Muffs “Kids in America” 1990’s
73. The Offspring “Come Out & Play (Keep ‘em Separated)” 1990’s
74. The Replacements “Alex Chilton” 1980’s
75. The Who “Pinball Wizard” 1960’s
Bonus Artist Bonus Song Title Decade
76. Abnormality “Visions” 2000’s
77. Anarchy Club “Get Clean” 2000’s
78. Bang Camaro “Night Lies” 2000’s
79. Breaking Wheel “Shoulder to the Plow” 2000’s
80. The Libyans “Neighborhood” 2000’s
81. The Main Drag “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter” 2000’s
82. Speck “Conventional Lover” 2000’s
83. The Sterns “Supreme Girl” 2000’s
84. That Handsome Devil “Rob the Prez-O-Dent” 2000’s

The game itself:

• All 84 songs included on the disc are master recordings
  • The game will release on Xbox 360 first, followed by the PS3 and Wii versions in November
  • All downloadable songs for the original Rock Band are compatible with Rock Band 2 and will roll over
  • For a $5 fee, 55 of the 58 on-disc songs from the original Rock Band can be transferred to Rock Band 2, with the 3 omissions being the cover of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid," the cover of Iron Maiden's "Run to the Hills," and Metallica's original recording of "Enter Sandman."
  • 20 songs will be availible for download at launch for free
  • A custom song editor will be released at some point following the game's release
  • World Tour mode will have more in-depth features, and will be playable online
  • "Battle of the Bands" is a tournament mode that is availible both offline, and online with massive scale challenges
  • there will be a much greater level of character customization

The instruments:

• The drums will be available in both standard models and a more expensive "professional" model from Ion, which doubles as fully functional high quality electronic drum kit (feel free to drool, Mac Garage Band enthusiasts)
  • A series of limited edition real Fender guitars stripped and modded with Rock Band controls, will be available to purchase
  • On all game systems, all instruments from Rock Band 2 will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour, and Guitar Hero World instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2
  • All of the original Rock Band instruments are compatible with Rock Band 2

Stantand drums:

• The drum pads are made of a softer, quieter material this time around. No more irritating "clack" sounds
  • Each pad has a "taget dot" painted on the center
  • The foot pedal has a metal strip on it that prevents breakage
  • Each pad is pressure sensetive to allow for both quiet and loud drum sections
  • A pack of Cymbal attachments including crash, ride, and high-hat fixtures will be available for the new standard drums after launch. The game is fully playable without them, however the game registers hits from the cymbals specifically as "cymbal hits"

Guitars:

• Frett buttons are quieter and press more smoothly
  • Fancy new sunburst and woodgrain paint job
  • Easy access, no-screw battery cover
  • Sturdier, less "creaky" construction
  • Quick release button on guitar head
  • More responsive tilt sensor
  • Improved strum bar

Fender Stratocaster

Fender Precision Bass controller

MCBassE3.jpg

Standard drum kit

rb2drums.png

Cymbal pack for standard Rock Band 2 drums

41onyx-PtWL._SS400_.jpg

Ion's "professional grade" Rock Band 2 drum kit

iondrumrocker_2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably be picking this and GH: WT up since the instruments work for both. I think I like the drums for GH better though.

The set lists on both are really good.

All the things promised in RB are going to happen in this one?? I'm sold.

I was mad when they announced that they didn't have time to tweak the battle of the bands stuff. That's what I was looking forward to the most about it.

I don't know if I'm wanting to buy more drums....although the more expensive ones look easier to navigate and fell better than the four pad ones.

블라스;15622076 said:
Wait, wait, wait...the drums too? :huh:

BLAASASASASS!!!

Buy this game so I can serenade you with "Hot for Teacher":hehe:

I'll probably be picking this and GH: WT up since the instruments work for both. I think I like the drums for GH better though.

GHWT's drums look cool, but nothing compares to Ion's "pro" drums for Rock Band 2, except maybe a drum kit hooked up to GHWT's midi adapter (which will also probably work out quite nicely). They're probably really expensive, but they probably are worth each penny. It's really nice to see so many options available though, that's for sure.

The Ion drums are 300.00 and I can't justify that price. It will probably work great for those with the money to buy them though. If I had the money, I might have gone that route instead also.

BLAASASASASS!!!

Buy this game so I can serenade you with "Hot for Teacher":hehe:

You had me at "hello"! :heart:

:huh:

Btw, son of a gun, the instruments will be interchangeable!
I'm gonna get the game-only version of RB2 and get the whole GHWT package :up: (The GH drums seem better to me)

I need that pro drum kit, dang nammits. I think I know where my student loan will be going :]

블라스;15622372 said:
You had me at "hello"! :heart:

:huh:

Btw, son of a gun, the instruments will be interchangeable!
I'm gonna get the game-only version of RB2 and get the whole GHWT package :up: (The GH drums seem better to me)

"You had me at blood and semen."

I'm torn between RB2 drums or GH4 drums. They both have a unique quality about them. One is an updated version, the other looks more professional like a real kit. I guess it all boils down to how much do I want to spend.

Seriously..when you were playing RB, a part of you wish you had all the symbols and stuff when the "rock out" part came at the end of certain songs. I know I did, but was limited to four prongs.:csad:

I'm leaning toward RB2 atm, but the news that RB2 will be compatible with GH4 is terrific, and it means that I can (hopefully) buy GH4's game disc and play both, since I don't want extra set of instruments.

American Woman? Pinball Wizard?? Getting this 100%

I heard the original Rock Band set will work with Guitar Hero: World Tour right? This is awesome news.

I'm leaning toward RB2 atm, but the news that RB2 will be compatible with GH4 is terrific, and it means that I can (hopefully) buy GH4's game disc and play both, since I don't want extra set of instruments.
I heard it was the other way around, anyway is there any Oasis or Radiohead on this game??

I heard it was the other way around, anyway is there any Oasis or Radiohead on this game??

The instruments:

The drums will be available in both standard models and a more expensive "professional" model from Ion, which doubles as fully functional high quality electronic drum kit (feel free to drool, Mac Garage Band enthusiasts)
A series of limited edition real Fender guitars stripped and modded with Rock Band controls, will be available to purchase
On all game systems, all instruments from Rock Band 2 will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour, and Guitar Hero World instruments will be compatible with Rock Band 2
All of the original Rock Band instruments are compatible with Rock Band 2

If it's true, then I'll be very happy.

Will the original Rock Band instruments work with GH World Tour? They've gotta, right?

Will the original Rock Band instruments work with GH World Tour? They've gotta, right?

I do not know, I haven't heard any news on the subject. Basically, here's what we know in terms of compatibility:

Rock Band 2:

Rock Band instruments
Rock Band 2 instruments
Guitar Hero: World Tour instruments
Xbox 360 Guitar Hero 3 guitars (360 only)

Guitar Hero World Tour:

Guitar Hero 3 instruments
Guitar Hero: World Tour instruments
Rock Band 2 instruments

The big questions right now, are "Will Rock Band 2 work with Guitar Hero 3 instruments?" and "Will GHWT work with the original Rock Band instruments?" I haven't heard any conclusive answers, but hopefully Activision and Harmonix will throw a bone to those of us who already have a closet full of plastic musical toys.

Why the hell isnt Enter Sandman going to transfer over? I dont care about the other two covers, but wtf?

Why the hell isnt Enter Sandman going to transfer over? I dont care about the other two covers, but wtf?

Probably because Metallica seems to be making more of a partnership with Guitar Hero then Rock Band. That is my guess at least.

i can't wait to play "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" =)

So there is no difference between 360 and PS3 version of RB2 right? And they both get the same DLC?

The Ion drums are 300.00 and I can't justify that price. It will probably work great for those with the money to buy them though. If I had the money, I might have gone that route instead also.

$300 is not bad considering that they are a real digital drum kit. Two of my brothers are musicians, and one of them has expressed quite a bit of interest in the Ion kit.

While the Ion kit is too expensive for me, I certainly wouldn't mind getting my hands on the new standard drum kit. The ability to buy cymbal attachments look like they'd be well worth the extra cast. I may also way to find out how the GH World Tour drums fare when interfaced with Rock Band though, since those look pretty snazzy as well.

However, no matter how cool all these new drum kits are, there's one thing I have to remember: I already own a set of Rock Band drums, so it would probably be somewhat foolish of me to run out and buy another set when my current one will work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"