Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Is Killer Croc

I thought the makeup job was stellar, but i agree AAA was too short. Or should've been digitally altered so hed be taller.

Ok I watched the extended edition recently and Killer Croc just made me cringe the whole time.
So poorly cast. He's too short and an actor of his caliber is wasted on a role like this.

If you are going have a Croc that just poses and speaks in slogans, they should have just cast a wrestler. Someone like Booker T. If there going for the stereotypical urban dialogue, it wouldn't be too challenging. He would have perfect. The guy that played Terry Tate would have been perfect too. Both physically imposing.

Killer Croc needs to tower over the whole team, he shouldn't be the same height as Deadshot.

Ok I watched the extended edition recently and Killer Croc just made me cringe the whole time.
So poorly cast. He's too short and an actor of his caliber is wasted on a role like this.

If you are going have a Croc that just poses and speaks in slogans, they should have just cast a wrestler. Someone like Booker T. If there going for the stereotypical urban dialogue, it wouldn't be too challenging. He would have perfect. The guy that played Terry Tate would have been perfect too. Both physically imposing.

Killer Croc needs to tower over the whole team, he shouldn't be the same height as Deadshot.

Croc was pretty much a stereotype of a black dude. Ayer did a huge disservice to Croc and the actor.

^ That he did. I was so happy that we'd finally get Croc in live action but disappointed in the theater when I realized Ayer went for that b.s. generic "brute who just snarls and growls all the time" approach.

Ayer didn't even make an attempt to include some sort of flashback where we see Batman and Croc interacting. Shame, shame, shame.

Casting AAA as Croc and then giving him nothing proves either A.) Ayer didn't really know how to handle these characters. or B.) He should've had A LOT more time with the script.

Or there's that "C" option where it could be both of those factors.

Croc was pretty much a stereotype of a black dude. Ayer did a huge disservice to Croc and the actor.

And what I don't get is, if Ayer was going to be so lazy why not cast a rapper or WWE guy instead of casting a seasoned British actor. At least there would have been a greater sense of authenticity. LLCoolJ would have delivered those lines much better.

^ That he did. I was so happy that we'd finally get Croc in live action but disappointed in the theater when I realized Ayer went for that b.s. generic "brute who just snarls and growls all the time" approach.

Ayer didn't even make an attempt to include some sort of flashback where we see Batman and Croc interacting. Shame, shame, shame.

Casting AAA as Croc and then giving him nothing proves either A.) Ayer didn't really know how to handle these characters. or B.) He should've had A LOT more time with the script.

Or there's that "C" option where it could be both of those factors.

I heard that Croc did have a flashback planed that saw his tragic childhood and his devolution into Croc. So if they had that planned, I could forgive them for casting AAA, who would be more equipped to play a complexed character.

It's sad that they could have played either

A. The comic relief Killer Croc, that is a deadly threat (Batman Tas Particularly when Batman posed as KC)

B. or a multilayered man who cared for kids who are outsiders and outcasts (particularly post New 52 KC), which is more suited for an actor of AAA's calibers

C. Just the straight up intelligent Croc (early Killer Croc, The Batman, Brian Azzarello Croc)

But instead we got a basic stereotypical black thug with little to no speaking roles. Not to mention that horrible voice they used, makes me miss the Cajun accent they gave him in The Batman and Beware the Batman cartoon. It's beyond sad.

^ Agreed 100%. There's so much potential with Croc and so many directions they could've gone in but Ayer chooses the worst one. Even the EC doesn't add much for him aside from that little back and forth with Harley, something he needed more of for the entire movie.

And thanks for telling me that, eon001, the fact there were plans in place for a flashback makes me even madder that he got treated the way he did.

It's sad that they could have played either

A. The comic relief Killer Croc, that is a deadly threat (Batman Tas Particularly when Batman posed as KC)

B. or a multilayered man who cared for kids who are outsiders and outcasts (particularly post New 52 KC), which is more suited for an actor of AAA's calibers

C. Just the straight up intelligent Croc (early Killer Croc, The Batman, Brian Azzarello Croc)

But instead we got a basic stereotypical black thug with little to no speaking roles. Not to mention that horrible voice they used, makes me miss the Cajun accent they gave him in The Batman and Beware the Batman cartoon. It's beyond sad.
My experience with KC also comes from the Batman TAS and the Lego Batman video games and so I was also incredibly disappointed by how they treated him in SS. Not every character needed to be in the vein of someone from Training Day and was an absolute waste of Adewale. They didn't even elaborate on his connection to Batman as well.

I hated everything about croc except for his look.
His voice, personality, movements everything were so cliche monster.

I hated everything about croc except for his look.
His voice, personality, movements everything were so cliche monster.

Croc's head was really big but his body was small. Looks a bit awkward when he takes his clothes off.

My experience with KC also comes from the Batman TAS and the Lego Batman video games and so I was also incredibly disappointed by how they treated him in SS. Not every character needed to be in the vein of someone from Training Day and was an absolute waste of Adewale. They didn't even elaborate on his connection to Batman as well.

Honestly I would have especially preferred him how I was introduced to Killer Croc(The Batman and Brian Azzerallo Broken City Killer Croc with elements of Batman TAS and New 52). I agree with matt47, the only redeeming element of Croc was the look.

I remember reading another scene in the novelization that I think could have helped , between Deadshot and Killer Croc in the city, where Croc reveals to Deadshot that he was his client who requested him to send him the hit’s head after he was done with the job, as well as his plans for after the mission. It's a shame that out of all the versions of Croc they could use, the use the most stereotypical caricature version of him.

I would have even taken Killer Croc's Peter Pan "Tick Tock" quirk in the Arkham Asylum games, just because it adds more depth to him, along with the puking a goat's head due to fear of heights.

It's so weird, I was just watching the BTS on YT and the actor, Geoff Johns etc. all said that Croc was a guy who has a skin condition, yet, in the movie, it's not a skin condition!

I wish he was just a guy who had a skin condition, that filed his teeth and stuff like that. Not literally turning into a croc. I hated the voice, I hated how much he growled and grunted, I hated how he walked, I hated his quick, robotic movements. Gooooooooooooooood sake.

Sorry..needed to vent about this again. I just can't believe that this is how Croc (and all the other characters) are going to be in this universe.

Last edited:
I thought the makeup job was stellar, but i agree AAA was too short. Or should've been digitally altered so hed be taller.

According to his file he's supposed to be over seven feet tall:

Untitled.png

Haha oh man....they actually have the balls to bill him as seven feet when he obviously isn't?

What a mess. :funny:

Terry Crews would've been great as a more street version of croc, with a natural American accent and more imposing size.

Maybe, but Crews isn't that much bigger/taller than Agbaje.

And I just don't see him as Croc. Wouldn't be a good choice, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"