Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Well to be fair, it's not as if they were going to reveal the entire plot and story beats in the first trailer (and movie trailers that usually do that just suck and end up ruining a film's experience). It comes across as a teaser trailer which at this point it's all it needs to do.

The next trailer should provide a clearer picture, but I don't think teasing the plot with some familiar imagery is in any way a bad thing.

Well to be fair, it's not as if they were going to reveal the entire plot and story beats in the first trailer (and movie trailers that usually do that just suck and end up ruining a film's experience). It comes across as a teaser trailer which at this point it's all it needs to do.

The next trailer should provide a clearer picture, but I don't think teasing the plot with some familiar imagery is in any way a bad thing.

Sure, but teasers can be more than "Hey guys, this exists!" and still not cover the entire plot and such. I got more from say, the Ant-Man 3 trailer than this.

To each their own I guess. Ant man 3s trailers so far have just done nothing for me, but this one has me really really pumped.

I have to agree with Spider-Fan on this one. Decent tease and it was cool to hear that triumphant sounding rendition of the old theme again, but beyond that I don't really have much to take away from it.

I have to agree with Spider-Fan on this one. Decent tease and it was cool to hear that triumphant sounding rendition of the old theme again, but beyond that I don't really have much to take away from it.

Exactly. Basically, if you take the out the past Indiana Jones IP Legacy and you judged this trailer on its own, what was special about it? The best I can say is the bit at the end of the trailer was funny and I get the sense this will at least be a good/competent movie and the 4th best Indiana Jones movie. But nothing I have seen so far tells me the movie will reach the OT trilogy levels or be a special experience.

Exactly. Basically, if you take the out the past Indiana Jones IP Legacy and you judged this trailer on its own, what was special about it? The best I can say is the bit at the end of the trailer was funny and I get the sense this will at least be a good/competent movie and the 4th best Indiana Jones movie. But nothing I have seen so far tells me the movie will reach the OT trilogy levels or be a special experience.
I was never expecting close to the level of the OT but 4th best by some margin would be the minimum for it to be worth if to for me. Not up for any more Crystal Skulls!

Looks good. I have faith in Mangold. I'm not in love with the title but it's a right sight better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and less wordy too.

Looks good. I have faith in Mangold. I'm not in love with the title but it's a right sight better than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and less wordy too.
Oh, forgot Mangold was involved. Definitely worth giving a chance then.

The only thing that contradicts some of the stuff I've heard about this film is that it does look CGI-heavy. Not just the backgrounds but old Ford too. Lots of dodgy face replacements. Sure, they have time to finish it, but that's the only thing that concerns me.
Everything else looks exactly like an Indiana Jones film should look like. One step in old territory, one step in a fresh direction. I'm just happy there's a final Indiana Jones film.

Good trailer, but that YouTube compression is ****ing terrible...

B2qhdY1.gif

It does look very CGI-heavy, but hopefully it will look better in the final product.

I mean this is really the teaser trailer at the end of the day. I think it looks promising so far. The movie's not out for another six months, so there should be more trailers later.

I'm not an Indiana Jones fanboy by any means but this looks legit good and a lot of fun. Mangold doesnt miss.

Good sign. I’ve had my expectations firmly in check after the disappointment of Crystal Skill but just maybe… :cool:

I just read some leaks for this movie, which people are now claiming were confirmed by today's trailer.

If true, it'll make what happened to the Terminator franchise pale in comparison.

According to the leaks, Indiana Jones is trying to stop the Nazis from gaining control over a time portal. He ends up traveling back to the past and meets his younger self. Younger Indiana Jones dies while protecting Helena from the Nazis. Since the past sequence takes place before "Temple of Doom", it automatically erases Indiana Jones and all of his past achievements from history. The film ends with a montage where Helena reenacts all of the major events from the past films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"