Indy 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well are those comics consider in cannon to movies. If not I don't see problem at all. Though doing king arthur legend would be a nice one.

To those suggesting recasting Indy so the series can go on indefinitely, here's a better idea -

Do what Lucas & Spielberg did and instead of remaking the thing you loved as a child, use it as inspiration to create something NEW.

If it weren't for their ingenuity, we wouldn't have Star Wars & Indy; we'd have gotten Buck Rogers and Allan Quartermaine remakes.

To those suggesting recasting Indy so the series can go on indefinitely, here's a better idea -

Do what Lucas & Spielberg did and instead of remaking the thing you loved as a child, use it as inspiration to create something NEW.

If it weren't for their ingenuity, we wouldn't have Star Wars & Indy; we'd have gotten Buck Rogers and Allan Quartermaine remakes.

Already ahead of you brother. I've got my own Raiders inspired feature in the writing development right now.:yay:

I like how Ridley Scott isn't doing Alien 5 anymore but something "new".

If THX-1138 and American Graffiti had made George Lucas a rich and powerful man then that's exactly what we would have gotten. And if Steven Spielberg hadn't told Lucas about his plans to direct a James Bond film, well, someone else would have directed Raiders.

So, let's not give Lucas and Spielberg more credit than they deserve. Star Wars happened because Lucas had no other choice. And, Spielberg directed Raiders because he was at the right place at the right time.

Not really. It wasn't that Lucas didn't have a choice. When THX failed, he just decided to make a space fantasy and a modern mythology that he thought was lacking in the 70's modern culture.

Spielberg and Lucas were friends and Lucas asked him. He was pretty much gonna direct it no matter hwere he was.

If THX-1138 and American Graffiti had made George Lucas a rich and powerful man then that's exactly what we would have gotten. And if Steven Spielberg hadn't told Lucas about his plans to direct a James Bond film, well, someone else would have directed Raiders.

So, let's not give Lucas and Spielberg more credit than they deserve. Star Wars happened because Lucas had no other choice. And, Spielberg directed Raiders because he was at the right place at the right time.

Raiders came together because of the collaboration (Lucas, Spielberg, and Kasdan). You can read a 100+ page transcript of four days of dicussions they had that led to Indiana Jones. They deserve all the credit they get.

What are you talking about? Graffiti was a huge success and the reason Star Wars got made.

I don't even understand your logic. So if he hadn't been successful, he would've taken a gamble on an original property like Star Wars? And if he was successful (which he was) he would've played it safe with Buck Rogers?

Why does Lucas not invent an entirely new action hero then? If it could be a spin off of Indy, but why not Mutt and Short Round going out where Indy can't no more.

I'm not interested in a Mutt or Short Round spin off. Lucas even said he doesn't want to do a Mutt spin off.

I'm not interested in a Mutt or Short Round spin off. Lucas even said he doesn't want to do a Mutt spin off.

I will pluck out my eyes and feed them to a crow still attached to my nerves if there is a Short Round and Mutt spinoff.

No spin off, absolutely not. Personally, I'd rather not even see Mutt in another sequel.

I rather there not be any more indy movies, Harrison is indy and he's too old now to do the action movies justice, the way he was able to. We saw what the results can be from a modern indy movie and the results were not good. just let the character rest in peace and enjoy the originals anytime you want. Just create another action hero or better yet buy the rights to uncharted and make that and give it the epic scale. I would most certainly trust speilberg to make uncharted.

Normally i'd be against "rebooting" Indiana Jones with a new, younger actor. But after seeing Star Trek when it came out and thinking to myself "there's no WAY they could replace the original actors" and then loving the film...I can see a reboot of Indy being really fun.

I doubt a reboot would happen any time in near future with spielberg and lucas controlling the character rights. Maybe down the road after they been dead for a number of yrs.

Normally i'd be against "rebooting" Indiana Jones with a new, younger actor. But after seeing Star Trek when it came out and thinking to myself "there's no WAY they could replace the original actors" and then loving the film...I can see a reboot of Indy being really fun.

ST was in actual need of a reboot and making it a prequel gave it actual purpose.

There is no purpose in an Indy reboot at all. All I ask for is one more and I'm good. I just want to watch my five Indy movie marathon someday.

I don't think there is a need for a reboot so much as there could simply be another character introduced by Lucas and Spielberg. Monkey Island was kind of an experiment in that direction. Thinking about it, each film is sort of its own reboot, KOTCS being the biggest one because it focused on a new era entirely.

If anyone wants to reboot then it's completely possible to introduce some new comics or an animated series or film to bring back Indy's own "missing years" between KOTCS and World War II. That's a direction they should focus on.

An animated series is most welcome. I would LOVE to see that. You could cover many years. You could bounce around. It doesn't need to be linear or anything.

One episode he can be in his 20's meeting Belloq for the first time and in the next episode he could be in the SAS in WWII.

An animated series would be so cool. Doc Jones is right on about jumping around, too. They could pack so many different adventures.

Has there ever even been a rumor about an animated series? I don't think I've ever heard of anything beyond wishful thinking from fans.

I don't think there is a need for a reboot so much as there could simply be another character introduced by Lucas and Spielberg. Monkey Island was kind of an experiment in that direction. Thinking about it, each film is sort of its own reboot, KOTCS being the biggest one because it focused on a new era entirely.

If anyone wants to reboot then it's completely possible to introduce some new comics or an animated series or film to bring back Indy's own "missing years" between KOTCS and World War II. That's a direction they should focus on.
Monkey Island wasn't created by Lucas and Spielberg, it was created by Ron Gilbert, Dave Grossman, and Tim Schafer.:huh:

I don't think there's ever been talk of an animated series, but it would cool. There's plenty of potential with a new video game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"