• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Inside The Poster's Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cmad:

I will not have anything that I've created be associated with those idiots. It's bad enough that Byrd hosted it.

I don't see what the problem is, since given the fact that it's your creation, this thing never really had a chance at dignity. :csad:

trustyITPS1.gif

carnageicon1.jpg

Season III: "Shatterer of Dreams"

Welcome to Inside The Poster's Studio: Season III. Your prayers have been answered and here is yet another ITPS studio. Yea, I debated about spreading it out to maybe every two weeks but honestly I couldn't see myself doing that. I get way too anxious when I decide I want to interview someone and it is hard enough for me to wait the somewhat week between interviews.
trustyside-kick: With us tonight is Carnage27. He may not know it, but he actually plays one of my favorite comicbook characters and who, prior to my exposure to Aquaman, was actually my true numero uno. Aaaand every time I had an idea of picking the character up he was playing him and when he wasn't I didn't have the desire to play him. :cmad:

Carnage27: Really? Wow. And who would that be?

trusty: Nightcrawler, you S.O.B. :(

Carnage: Hahaha, well I'm sorry about that. Kurt has always been my favorite of the X-Men. I think he's got the best character out of them all. His look is so different, yet he's so human. And, being raised Chatholic and going to Chatholic school when I was younger, I can definitely relate with that part of the character. On top of that, I've always been obsessed with adventure, one of Kurt's traits that gets him in trouble more often than not.

trusty: I've loved Nightcrawler since I was a kid. Had the action figure and everything. When my brother and I would play with our toys? I'd always be Nightcrawler. You've shattered my dreams, Carnage. SHATTERED them.

Carnage: I tend to do that to a lot of people....Mostly the girls I date....Hmmmm.

trusty: You've shattered those dreams as well. :waa:

Carnage: Haha.

trusty: But seriously, Nightcrawler is awesome. Only thing that stops me from reading him in the comics is because I'm kind of wierd when it comes to picking new titles. So I won't go into detail. This interview is about you after all and not my shattered dreams that I've had since I was, you know, 9 years old. *******. So...shall we get to the questions?

Carnage: You're so flattering, Trusty. Yea let's get it going.

trusty: So I've noticed...you have yet to step into the World of Heroes: DC RPG. What gives, Carnage?

Carnage: Well, to be honest...I'm not much of a DC fan. I've only gotten into DC characters outside of Batman recently. And it seems like such an established game, I'm a bit intimidated by it, to tell you the truth.

trusty: What characters outside of Batman have you recently gotten into exactly?

Carnage: Mostly Green Lantern and Superman, although Green Arrow has also piqued my interest slightly. The most recent DC reading I've done was Blackest Night, which was awesome.

trusty: Ah, makes sense. Blackest Night has been reeling in a lot of people. I've been reading it as well and it has been awesome. But there's no need to be intimiated by the DC RPG, dude. You could easily pick up a member of the GLC to start off small or something.

Carnage: Yea, we'll see. With winter break coming soon maybe I'll do that.

trusty: Was just an idea. Don't feel that you cannot take on any character.

Carnage: Yea, I just want to make sure I can find a character that I can represent correctly.

trusty: Well while I know you played a bit in the Marvel RPG prior to the reboot, you seem to be an active Other Comics RPG Genre player. What is it about those set of RPGs that interests you so much?

Carnage: Well, I started off in the One Universe RPG, I think it was at the end of season II. That one really hooked me because of the fairly clean continuity slate. It seemed to me to get my skills down, since I have never participated in an RPG before. And then I just kind of stuck around in that area. The Star Wars RPG popped up, and Star Wars, along with Ninja Turtles, was basically my childhood, so I couldn't pass that up. The "From the Pages of..." RPG the gave me a chance to play as the Turtles, but I felt like I really dropped the ball on that one. I started an arc that was too big for my own good, and I kind of drowned in it.

trusty: Well, in all of your experience so far in the SHH! RPGs, who have you had the most fun portraying?

Carnage: Spider-man, with out a doubt. Peter has always been my favorite comic book character, minus a few exceptions *cough*BrandNewDay*cough*Spider-man3*cough*. When I threw up the app for him when Eddie Brock left the Hype for a few months, I couldn't believe that no one challenged me. But I've honestly never felt more confident writing a character. I can draw a lot of parallels between Pete and me, and I think that's why I enjoy writing him. I love how even during the most intense fight he'll have those snippy one liners that will piss his oppenent off to no end. I also love writing him outside of the costume. It wasn't so long ago that I was a high schooler like him, and I know the feeling of juggling a job, a girl, and school. It's a lot of fun.

trusty: Would that make the One Universe RPG your favorite RPG of them all?

Carnage: Yea, probably. When I was younger and my friends and I would play with action figures, or in the backyard, or whatever, we never cared about what company was what. One of us would be Batman, one would be Spider-man, one would be Wolverine. I guess that's why I like the OU so much, it harkens back to my childhood, but with better writing haha.

trusty: I feel you. I had all Marvel toys and then Batman toys and my brother and I would do the same.

Carnage: Yea...no one ever wanted to be Aquaman though. Weird...haha.

I kid, Trusty.
:cwink:

trusty: Don't take any offense; my Aquafrenzy didn't start til a few years ago. I didn't own a single Aquaman figure as a kid.

Each of the Big Three RPG's have something in common: RPG-wide arcs. Not saying that other RPG's do not have them but normally in the Big Three the impact is quite impressive. Since OU is your favorite RPG, which big event has been your favorite?

Carnage: Probably the Galactus story-line. I didn't really take part in it, but it was some of the best RPG writing I've seen yet, and the destruciton Galactus brought upon Gotham gave me my jumping off point for Nightcrawler, my first character. Other than that, I did like being the catalyst of last season's climax with Magneto waging war on the humans.

trusty: Who within our RPG community have you had a blast working with the most?

Carnage: The first person that springs to mind is Wiegeabo. He was the first person I worked with in a large arc, with Kurt in Gotham trying to bring down the mutant slaving operation with Batman and Wolverine, who were both played by wieg at the time. I feel like he brings his A game with every post, and it really pushes me to step up my game. I'm really looking forward to playing Joker against his Batman.

trusty: Ah yes, you have recently applied for The Joker. How's it feel having two big names in OU?

Carnage: It's pretty awesome, to tell you the truth. It's even better to play my favorite comic book hero and villain at the same time. I'm still attempting to find my rythem with the clown prince. I really want to leave a mark with him, because...well he's The Joker. That's what he does. He leaves imprints on people, throws entire cities into absolute chaos. There's no character like him.

trusty: And is there any character that haven't played yet that you are dying to get the chance at?

Carnage: Well, the first would be Batman, but as I don't see that happening anytime soon, it would be Carnage. I played him very briefly when Heroes vs. Villains was rebooted, but not to the extent that I would have liked. But I do have a plan to remedy that situation. We'll see if it comes to fruition. Ah! Apocalypse also comes to mind as someone I'd like to take a stab at.

trusty: Looks like you are going to have to fight with Optikal over Apocalypse should you two ever both want to play him at the same time.

Carnage: Haha, I think I'd defer to Op on that one. I'd settle for being one of the Horsemen. Who doesn't want to destroy the world from time to time? :awesome:

trusty: I see how it is. Shatter the dreams of a 9 year old boy but when it comes to a grown man, by all means you do the right thing.

Carnage: I hate freaking kids! Haha. Besides...Op is sexy. Crap...I typed that, didn't I...?

trusty: I wish you didn't, but not for the obvious reasons. After all you've shattered two of my dreams thus far.

Carnage: The shatterer of dreams...apparently that's my job around here.

trusty: Well you've met the RPG Crowd through the various RPG's you play in as well in some of the random discussion threads that we have within our section. Is there anyone that you'd like to work with if given the chance?

Carnage: The one person that springs to mind is Batman aka the Poster formally known as MB. We almost got together in the short lived Marvel 2099 game, but it never came to be. Other than him, I'd really like to work with Keyser. His work with Harvey Dent in OU was phenomenol.

trusty: O wow, I think you are the first interviewee that I haven't worked with that hasn't mentioned me in their answer. Which is good. Sometimes when I get that response I cannot tell if it's honest or just because I'm interviewing them. :oldrazz:

Carnage: Haha, well in all honesty, I'm open to working with anyone. I really enjoy interation more than solo-arcs.

trusty: Alrighty. So, imagine you are now the head GM of the entire RPG section. You get to coordinate anything and everything in all of the RPG games. Is there any comicbook event that you'd like to take from either present or past comics and translate them to one of the RPG's with your own twist?

Carnage: I'd defintely like to see an OU Civil War. I'd love to see an Anti-Registration side led by bot the "boy scouts" Superman and Captain America, and to see where heroes like Batman and The Flash end up. Either that, or an OU Age of Apocalypse. That would be pretty bad ass.

trusty: An OU Civil War is a very interesting idea. Anything about that idea you'd like to expand on? Perhaps your elaboration of the answer can persuade people in OU and give ideas.

Carnage: Honestly I don't think it would be too hard to get there from where we are in OU currently. The world's climate with Luthor as president, with an obvious anti-super hero stance, and the emergance of the Sentinels, and the friction between SHIELD and the Justice League all mix for a pretty volatile powder keg. All it would really take would be a slip up from one of the sides, or even an accidental use of powers from a dangerous mutant growing into their powers, and a pretty big conflict could be set off. It could even be set off by a group of villains looking to set the authorities and the heroes against each other instead of going after them.

trusty: Well, that surely would be something. I've personally never been crazy about applying a version of a Civil War story to any of the RPG's but with OU it really looks like it would be something interesting. Is there anything you'd like to say to your fellow RPers before we conclude this interview?

Carnage: Nothing other than to keep doing what we're doing. We've got a really awesome place for creative out let here, and I'm glad I stumbled upon it.

trusty: Well it's been fun but I guess I will see ya around, Carnage. Oh, and...I'm totally joking about you shattering my dreams I've had as a 9 year old.

Carnage: Hahaha I understand. Thanks for the opportunity, this was really fun.

trusty: ...but really I'm not. ****in' ass.

But I am...but I'm not.

:awesome:

Carnage: Psh, go swim in the ocean with your fish friends you gill-having-mother-****er! :D

Does "Chatholic" mean you're addicted to chat rooms? :awesome:

Anyways, excellent interview Carnage.

However, trusty, I'm very disappointed with you.

I mean, come on! Carnage27!? Do you actually want crappy ratings? We should bring Byrd back, at least he has that Howard Stern/Don Imus vibe.

I mean, come on! Carnage27!? Do you actually want crappy ratings? We should bring Byrd back, at least he has that Howard Stern/Don Imus vibe.

But...but...

*Runs to bed crying and cuddles with his teddy bear*

So many repressed memories...rising....

...WHY DON'T YOU HUG ME ANYMORE DADDY?!

:waa:

Excellent. All I need to do is make five more posters cry and I'll have beaten Byrd's record.

If you're intimidated by DC, you should check out Ultimate DC. Freed up continuity.

Hint, hint. :O

Let me take a crack at Carnage.

"So, tell us exactly why you suck?"

Touche, good sir. Let me get to that sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Touche, good sir. Let me get to that sometime tonight or maybe tomorrow.

Sounds good, I doubt I'd be able to get a post up tonight anyway. I've got a Thermodynamics final tomorrow.:dry:

Good. Because I was about to have Bats turn on the Gordon signal.

Sorta been waiting on those goddamn marked bills before I can move forward with the MCU storyline!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I've been waiting for the opportunity to kill you both!

:hoboj:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back