Interview with Patrick Stewart

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.iesb.net/fox2006/051206c.php

Date: May 12, 2006

Source: IESB
Author: Stephanie Sanchez

Interview: Patrick Stewart on Professor X and the Future of Star Trek Plus the Magneto Prequel

If there is an award for the guy who plays the coolest characters in the sci-fi/fantasy genre realm, Patrick Stewart would win. I still have a hard time not calling him Jean-Luc. Or the classic Pi-card, you have to say that with the right emphasis to really get the full effect.

Stewarts latest film, X-Men: The Last Stand, is set to release May 26th. He, along with his fellow mutants, were in New York this weekend for promotion. Stewart sat down with us to talk about Professor X and what to expect this time around.

Here is what he had to say,

Patrick Stewart thinks if they are going to do a prequel in the Magneto storyline, he knows to do it right it has to be recast obviously. It was rumored that the technology used in this film [X-Men 3] to make himself and Ian McKellen look younger was going to be used in the prequel but that is not the case, it will be recast completely.

On the subject of recasting, he did not seem fond of the whole recasting of Captain Kirk and Spock but he didn't want to get into details, but as far as he knows, Star Trek is completely over for him. Even though, Brent Spiner and John Logan, the writer of Nemesis, did come up with a great storyline for an 11th Star Trek film with the Next Generation cast. But the powers that be at Paramount flatly turned it down.

Check back Monday for a video interview with Partick Stewart here on the IESB.

Stay tuned to the IESB for further updates!​

A recast for the Magneto prequel?..

Well, okay...I guess Ian was jumping the gun or maybe playing around..

-TNC

What technology was used in x-3 to make them look younger?

I think it makes perfect sense for them to recast for the Magneto film, If Prof X and Magneto are to be shown as younger versions, They need to cast actors who look the part if they were in there 20s or 30s maybe, After all, The movie has to tell the story on what caused Magneto to change his own view on humanity. Before he chose the other side, He and Prof X were great friends and form an incredible bond, That bond is still with them despite there oposite point of views in the X-Men movies.

CapBeerCino said:
What technology was used in x-3 to make them look younger?
I forgot what they did exactly...It's like, they took photos of them when they were younger to create new faces for them to digitally put onto the actors during their scenes or something...

-TNC

Whatever technology they used, they did an amazing job with it. It's so freaky seeing a young Ian Mckellen on screen :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"