Introduce the Soul Stone in Black Panther?

FN-2187

Civilian
Reaction score
Here's why it might be a good idea:

1) Of the two Infinity Stones left, the Time stone is allegedly (hinted by Feige) being introduced in Dr. Strange as the Eye of Agamotto. That leaves the Soul Stone.

2) Guardian's of the Galaxy and Thor have already had installments centered around an Infinity Stone macguffin, so it's probably better from them to switch it up narratively and not deal with one in GOT vol. 2 or T:R.

3) Wakanda is built on a vibranium meteor deposit; the stone could be explained as something that came to earth on the same meteor and could be tied in to the mythology of the royal family and the powers of BP.

4) Black Panther is right before Infinity War, so finding the stone would be the perfect catalyst to set the events of IW in motion.

Makes sense, but i hope they don't shoehorn into too much IW stuff. This movie needs to be its own thing.

Honestly, I don't any Infinity Stone will be introduced in Black Panther. The two remaining ones will probably show up in Thor 3 and GOTG 2, if I had to make my bet. If not there, then probably in Dr Strange, and if not there, then I'd bet on the one remaining one being left til Infinity War. "Introduced in BP" is the least likely scenario, in my eyes.

In before undercover brother 'you got soul' meme

I think it would make sense to make the Soul Stone the heart of the Resurrection Alter. The only real objection I'd have to that is whether that means too many of these things are on Earth (so far, only the Space Stone truly qualified as being on Earth - the Time Stone could have been in another dimension, the Reality Stone certainly seemed to be in another Realm, Power Stone was in space, who knows where the Mind Stone was). But I think you throw in a magic space rock and people become far more accepting of strange things.

I think it would make sense to make the Soul Stone the heart of the Resurrection Alter. The only real objection I'd have to that is whether that means too many of these things are on Earth (so far, only the Space Stone truly qualified as being on Earth - the Time Stone could have been in another dimension, the Reality Stone certainly seemed to be in another Realm, Power Stone was in space, who knows where the Mind Stone was). But I think you throw in a magic space rock and people become far more accepting of strange things.

Me too. It's built on a meteor so there's the explanation for how it came to earth. The mysticism inherent in Wakanda, including the heart-shaped herb and connection to Bast, could all be connected to the stone.

Personally wouldn't want it to be on earth. Just feels a bit too convienient.

Outside the box it could be in ant man and wasp if they visit the microverse. Although more likely gotg 2 or infinity 1.

Last edited:
Personally wouldn't want it to be on earth. Just feels a bit too convienient.

Outside the box it could be in ant man and wasp if they visit the microverse. Although more likely gotg 2 or infinity 1.

Earth is the center of the universe, 1st created by God and where life began.

I think that one of the Infinity Gems will be shown in Dr. Strange and the final one will be shown in the first IW film.

I'm buying Watch mojo's theory that the Soul stone would debut in this. Then leading to what we saw in Infinity's trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"