• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Iron Man 3: Aldrich Killian's True Supervillain Alias Identified

Plus personally speaking, I love that the Marvel films are shying away from being 100% all grim and serious. I like seeing levity in comic book movies, the Nolan stuff burned me out of the grimngritty.
Seriously. If you can't have fun watching an action-adventure movie, then what's the point? IM3 and STID were the most fun I've had in theaters so far this year.

I really didn't see anymore comedic tones in IM3 than Avengers, which people also complained about. Can't wait till T:TDW comes out and people cry foul over the inevitable humor in that one too. I think some fans just felt swindled by the marketing, unlike most of the GA and critics. As someone who much prefers what we got than what we were sold, I liked the surprises of it all. In a time of this incessant "mystery box"-ing, the real surprises this year came from Marvel. Whether that's a good thing or not is of course subjective.

Marvel schooled Abrams on how to do the whole "mystery box" thing. It's amazing how they were able to keep the Mandarin twist so well guarded, while everyone knew Abrams was full of **** when he said Khan wasn't in STID.

Yeah, I feel like they really got it right. The whole point of Abrams' marketing is to of course keep the movie a surprise like in the old days, but the old days didn't have the heavy social media and online journalism of today. Marvel did something really innovative by actually using those things and spinning them to their advantage. They really were a real-life Killian in that way, haha

Seriously. If you can't have fun watching an action-adventure movie, then what's the point? IM3 and STID were the most fun I've had in theaters so far this year.

Exactly.
The best adventure movies have healthy doses of humor in them. Look at the Indiana Jones series, and the ORIGINAL Star Wars trilogy. Some characters almost *require* grimdark --- Batman, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Wolverine, others...even Hulk solo --- but trying to leave humor out of the "four-color" comics like IM, CA, TA, Thor, FF, Superman, GOTG and Spidey runs counter to what their milieu is all about.

I actually liked the dark but humorous tone that IM1 set, it was a nice blend of dark and light.

The bold is what made me actually enjoy Kingsley's Mandarin from the jump. An actual terrorist that feels more real than what we saw in Nolan's trilogy like Ra's, Talia, Bane and the LoS because it wasn't some actual ninja clan, or the continuation of such ninja clan but actual terrorism that feels like the real world....then it all goes into shambles. I would've loved to see an IM3 without Killian and without Extremis. Use Ghost that wipes out all technology for the Ten Rings as they run havoc in the United States and most of the armors are wipe out except the Mark I where Stark has to use that junky armor against the Ten Rings and finally, Kingsley's Mandarin :up:

But, if not that even, there is one article that had a "What If?" storyline that I really liked as well where they actually bring in magic and Mandarin has ten magic rings. That sounded better than what we actually got as well.

I definitely hope not.

I must say that I really like your Ghost idea there! I'd have loved to see something like that.

The bold is what made me actually enjoy Kingsley's Mandarin from the jump. An actual terrorist that feels more real than what we saw in Nolan's trilogy like Ra's, Talia, Bane and the LoS because it wasn't some actual ninja clan, or the continuation of such ninja clan but actual terrorism that feels like the real world....then it all goes into shambles. I would've loved to see an IM3 without Killian and without Extremis. Use Ghost that wipes out all technology for the Ten Rings as they run havoc in the United States and most of the armors are wipe out except the Mark I where Stark has to use that junky armor against the Ten Rings and finally, Kingsley's Mandarin :up:

But, if not that even, there is one article that had a "What If?" storyline that I really liked as well where they actually bring in magic and Mandarin has ten magic rings. That sounded better than what we actually got as well.

I definitely hope not.

100% agree with this.

I dont mind a humour tone in Marvel films but I hope they keep it balanced and fits in with the character. IM3 went a bit too far for me but if they did that in a Punisher or DD film it really would not work.

There are levels to the humor that can be used. Ghost Rider, Blade, The Punisher; those characters would be more on the darker/serious side, the humor would have be pitch black.

There are levels to the humor that can be used. Ghost Rider, Blade, The Punisher; those characters would be more on the darker/serious side, the humor would have be pitch black.

Exactly, this man gets it:up:

I wonder if they'll use the character, for better or for worse Killian is the MCU's Mandarin, it would be a huge mistake to not use him again, not to mention that it would be beyond disapointing if he trully died the way he was last seen on screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"