The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Is anybody bothered by the fact that.....

Spiderine

Sho nuff
Reaction score
It seems as if all of Spidey's villains will now know his identity?

Harry now knows who Spiderman is along with this Gustav Fiers, the men that will be responsible for the so called sinister six.

That could potentially be a huge problem for Spiderman whose secret identity is an important part of this character. It seems like to me outing Spiderman's identity or using it to just attack Peter at any time works to their advantage if they want him dead.

In the Raimi films, Ock and Norman found out but died before they told anybody. Harry knew but they went the amnesia route for most of the movie. Brock found out but used it to expose Peter by taking off his mask in front of everyone then died.

In this film, Harry's plan is more epic in scope since he will involve a lot more villains. He just tells them who the hell Spiderman is now and attack. Does this ruin things for any of you if they go that route. I don't see why Harry would withhold that info when its all about killing Spiderman.

Electro doesn't know Spider-Man's identity.
Knowledge is power, I doubt Goblin is going to give that information up.

It will be interesting to see how this carries over into ASM3 with Harry knowing especially. I wonder if we will get anything like this:

stalkng.jpg

I don't think Electro is coming back anytime soon. But Harry and Gustav seem intent on forming a group to get Spiderman. Thats a huge advantage to know who the man behind the mask is. What if Harry is a apart of the group as GG. Unless they give him amnesia again, they could simply go after Peter now. There will be more intelligent members of this group like Ock and Mysterio. Its a bold way to go if the writers give all these villains that knowledge.

It would have been a great advantage if Peter was still dating Gwen, had she not died. In the original trilogy, GG used May and Mary Jane against Peter which always serves as a great strategy, but now all that Peter has left is May... so it'll be interesting to see how his personal identity will jeopardize his focus on being a hero.

I don't know who the next love interest will be.....MJ or maybe Felicia perhaps? But it already seems doomed from the start.

I don't know who the next love interest will be.....MJ or maybe Felicia perhaps? But it already seems doomed from the start.

Peter doesn't need love interest the next movie. It should be about creating a stronger bond with his aunt.

It would have been a great advantage if Peter was still dating Gwen, had she not died. In the original trilogy, GG used May and Mary Jane against Peter which always serves as a great strategy, but now all that Peter has left is May... so it'll be interesting to see how his personal identity will jeopardize his focus on being a hero.

I didn't realize this until you said it, but Peter really doesn't have anybody besides Aunt May. Literally no one unless JJJ becomes his friend next movie. Harry already wants him dead, Gwen is dead, Captain Stacy is dead, he isn't friends with anybody else (Flash didn't show up even), Uncle Ben is dead, Dr. Conners is in jail, and MJ hasn't been introduced yet.

Curious to what they are going to do with this. Peter has no friends or family

This got me thinking about TDK Rises quote:

"The mask is not for you, it's to protect the people you care about."

None of Batman's foes in Nolan besides the Al Ghul's and Bane knew Batman was Bruce. Scarecrow didn't, Joker didn't, Dent didn't.

Kind of weird how it's the opposite in TASM series. Everyone knows besides Rhino and Electro.

I am sure they will find a way to resolve that plotline, without having to resort to a deal with Mephisto to prevent the discovery from happening. As for Batman, cinema's treatment of the issue is tidier than the comics, as most of the super-villains in the comics know.

I don't think Electro is coming back anytime soon. But Harry and Gustav seem intent on forming a group to get Spiderman. Thats a huge advantage to know who the man behind the mask is. What if Harry is a apart of the group as GG. Unless they give him amnesia again, they could simply go after Peter now. There will be more intelligent members of this group like Ock and Mysterio. Its a bold way to go if the writers give all these villains that knowledge.

As I said before I hope Gustav turns out to be a Blofeld type mastermind character and we get a full on battle including him & Spidey together.

I may be wrong but the reference to Pier 17 in ASM2 suggests the biological weapons or sub plot for ASM3 may be used as a location or as another SHH member suggested possible battle scene location.

I am more keen to see Gustav Fiers backstory and possibly Mysterio's involvement explored next.

Mr Webb are you watching these forums or what? :whatever:

I didn't realize this until you said it, but Peter really doesn't have anybody besides Aunt May. Literally no one unless JJJ becomes his friend next movie. Harry already wants him dead, Gwen is dead, Captain Stacy is dead, he isn't friends with anybody else (Flash didn't show up even), Uncle Ben is dead, Dr. Conners is in jail, and MJ hasn't been introduced yet.

Curious to what they are going to do with this. Peter has no friends or family

"Poor Peter Parker... all alone"
[YT]SEFW_SWGFSI[/YT]

I think the main problem is the "origin" of how Peter became Spider-Man. When you have someone work half their life (Peter's dad) on science with spiders, cross-breeding, changing them and working on combining DNA from different species.. it's not exactly hard for the people at Oscorp (Norman and the smart ones) to figure out who Spider-Man is. Especially not since I would assume they have their tower under security with loads of cameras, and they can trace back to the first appearance of Spider-Man with Peter visiting Oscorp. I think the origins of Peter's parents has resulted in his cover being more easily blown.

With that said, I doubt the more "henchmen"-kind of villains (like Rhino) would figure out his identity. Only the bigger ones.

Peter doesn't need love interest the next movie. It should be about creating a stronger bond with his aunt.

MJ could still be introduced though and I'd very much like it if they bring in Black Cat. She'd be perfect in the transition.

MJ could still be introduced though and I'd very much like it if they bring in Black Cat. She'd be perfect in the transition.

It would be interesting to see MJ introduced via Anna Watson.

that is a great idea. however, I think we will still see romance to a small degree, smaller than even the first asm. perhaps he'll have a makeout sesh with mj at the very end of the film.

Have we ever had a cbm without a love interest? :huh:

If not, then go for it!! You hear me Webb!? IGNORE YOUR LOVE STORY INSTINCTS AND BRING SOMETHING NEW!! :argh:

The entire S6 will know Peter's identity. Don't see anyway around it. Harry has a vendetta against him, he's going to want to make Peter suffer as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"