Is it not time JAL came back to the Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.A. Baracus

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was just reading over in the hype awards thread how missed Jal is, i mean come on JAL brought a certain 'quality' to the hype, is it not time we let him back.

As already mentioned in that award thread, Jal was like a piece of furniture, a constant and i dont imagine many people would kick off if he were let back (if anyone) so is it not time that poor old JAL was let back on the hype?

I think someone was getting a little lonely posting multiple times in multiple threads all alone this morning, and so started what they thought would be a cast iron popular thread.:awesome:

I guess there are a lot pf people who genuinely care whether the guy comes back, and have given thought to and discussed this already.
I don't know the circumstances of this situation, so have no bearing or opinion on the matter.

i was catching up on some posting, plus i was home alone like Macauley Culkin.

I'm not sure it will be popular, nor will he actually be back, I just wanted to see peoples opinion.

What did the dude actually do? I remember him being around a lot then suddenly he wasn't.

Same for Advanced Dark.

I'm not sure about Advanced Dark, But JAL was banned for posting a video with alot of cussing in it.

wow that sucks, I suppose he had been warned a few times before right?

I think JAL has received multiple infractions and those totaled up to being banned. Nothing against JAL but if he was allowed back then everyone should be allowed back.

I think JAL has received multiple infractions and those totaled up to being banned. Nothing against JAL but if he was allowed back then everyone should be allowed back.

Exactly, and there are some people who should not come back. So let's keep the flood gates closed.

i was catching up on some posting, plus i was home alone like Macauley Culkin.

I'm not sure it will be popular, nor will he actually be back, I just wanted to see peoples opinion.

Yeah, 'home alone like Macauley Culkin', that's what I thought, your name was at the end of about 5 different threads, over the course of about 2hrs, and your last one was about whether Superman would kill Lois Lane with his sperm, so I guessed you were just bored and looking for a bit of controversial attention.
But i don't know man, this is other people's friendships, other people's business, I don't know if it's in the best taste to start a frivolous thread with 'funny' poll options, just to stave off your 'home alone' boredom.
anyway, this gets said all the time around here, and has been said again, if you let one banned poster back then they all have a call to come back.

But banned posters have been allowed back already for possibly worse things than what JAL did. Just playing devils advocate here.

I say we see how this thread plays out. B.A.'s never been one to post just to get attention, so there may be some merit to this. Never knew JAL personally, but the guy was definitely all over the Hype for a good while.

I say we see how this thread plays out. B.A.'s never been one to post just to get attention, so there may be some merit to this. Never knew JAL personally, but the guy was definitely all over the Hype for a good while.

Believe you me, i am very familiar with the guy's posting style. for a few days in a row now, he has been posting at the same time as me, often right after i have posted, so I can't miss what he has to say, and he has opinions on this , that and the next thing, the 'Superman will kill Lois Lane with his sperm' comment was just the latest, and that was left hanging at the top of the page for a while.
So after that was left hanging for a while he started this thread, and it looked to me like he was just looking to start a popular thread that would get some traffic, and I just thought it was in somewhat poor taste as it's about other people 's business, and might be a sensitive subject.
In other words, if you have not been hit by cosmic rays and folk start calling you a 'rubberneck' it's not a good thing, and sometimes you would be better off taking a step back and minding your own business.

JAL... Yea. Advanced Dark... No.

Thank you.

Believe you me, i am very familiar with the guy's posting style. for a few days in a row now, he has been posting at the same time as me, often right after i have posted, so I can't miss what he has to say, and he has opinions on this , that and the next thing, the 'Superman will kill Lois Lane with his sperm' comment was just the latest, and that was left hanging at the top of the page for a while.
So after that was left hanging for a while he started this thread, and it looked to me like he was just looking to start a popular thread that would get some traffic, and I just thought it was in somewhat poor taste as it's about other people 's business, and might be a sensitive subject.
In other words, if you have not been hit by cosmic rays and folk start calling you a 'rubberneck' it's not a good thing, and sometimes you would be better off taking a step back and minding your own business.

I dont post my posts to get attention, to say i've posted alot in the past few days is utter nonsense as i've mostly been sleeping the past few days. As for the poll options i always put a stupid one as the last choice, no one so far has had a problem with it, if people in general did i would stop.

The superman comment was a genuine comment, quoted from someone earlier in the thread, it was not posted to get attention, its something i've always wondered (much like children wonder who'd win in a fight superman or batman)

I genuinely believe though this thread serves a purpose and you seem to be the only one with a problem over it. I am merely asking a question i wondered myself about a large character that most of us knew on the hype. I really dont see the problem with that. It is not to draw attention to myself or generate traffic to my thread, i really, personally dont see the point in that.

please ignore my grammar, i'm very tired.

But banned posters have been allowed back already for possibly worse things than what JAL did. Just playing devils advocate here.

I have to agree with Kal on this. We have let a few posters back on here for other stuff, and JAL made progress over the years.

But, I do see where that would create problems from a moderating perspective, so I doubt he'd be allowed back anytime soon.

He's been posting as BDella, for quite some time.

I have to agree with Kal on this. We have let a few posters back on here for other stuff, and JAL made progress over the years.

But, I do see where that would create problems from a moderating perspective, so I doubt he'd be allowed back anytime soon.

Who was let back and what were their reasons for being allowed back?

It might not be a good idea to name names, but the one that instantly come to mind, did post highly inappropriate photos in a thread. Something that should be a lifetime ban on a message board populated with minors (IMO as a parent), but for reasons unkown they were allowed back. You will never get a reason to why.

It might not be a good idea to name names, but they did post highly inappropriate photos in a thread. Something that should be a lifetime ban on a message board populated by minors (IMO as a parent), but for reasons unkown they were allowed back. You will never get a reason to why.

It's not a death sentence. I'm sure the Mods pay close attention to these people. For that matter, I bet if JAL was contrite and made a great argument on how he could benefit the Hype, some Admin would let him back.

It's the internet, guys.

Serious thread is serious. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman