What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

I wish I could remember.

What Brought You to the Hype
I originally came here back in August of 2000, as Scarlet spidey, I came here I think initially to discuss the Spider-Man game that had recently come out for PS1. It was just Spider-Man Hype back then. Stayed around for the original movie news and discussion.

What Keeps You Here?
I keep coming back because I like to see old faces. :)

I joined the hype to share my love of comic books back in the day. Then I was ecstatic to hear that Ghost Rider was being made into a movie and I was on that hype train for a few years. That movie made me cynical about Comic book movies but the rest of the folks here and their discussions over the years have kept me coming back for over a decade now.

What brought me here? Spider-Man 3 hype.

What kept me here? The fun discussions about all aspects of pop culture and the big boom of superhero movies over the past decade.

I honestly wonder this myself.

Back in the day around the time Spiderman came out, I posted on some forums time to time as a kid then found superherohype later on posting randomly for bit before sort of drifted off bored by the discussions. I posted a lot before X2 came out then sort of dropped off for a while. Around 2005 came back for bit as young adult but more or less didn't enjoy discussing anything and just kind of frustrated with lots things in general and forgot about the place.

From 2005 to 2016 pretty much done with anything comic related for good (did pop back in here around 2010 I think though). What brought me back 2016 was the abundance of stuff being made now and just like to creatively think of ideas more than actually getting hyped to see certain things which not make sense really but is the case.

Edit: More than anything, I think it's the escapism this sort of creates for me. It helps me relax for some odd reason at times (for example if dealing with financial stress in a sort of limbo at a particular time just kind of moving forward in life on cruise control in a paced manner without being too agitated).

Last edited:
What brought me here: fun and varied conversations
What keeps me here: hardcore nudity! Lol no I'm just kidding. Just the quality of the conversation :)

Crazy people, like me. :)

and to promote Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Celine Dion, Sharon Cuneta, Justin Bieber, Hollow (was known as Penance un Generation X), Squirrel Girl, Apocalypse, Ingrid from Street Fighter, BB Hood and Jedah from Darsktalkers and all other favorite things of mine, :)

I was a member of cbm.com and that site has too many trolls especially during the time when the first Avengers came out. So I searched for an alternative site where I can have a friendly conversation about the film and some other topics without getting trolled by someone. I admit, at first, I got a couple of warning for posting something spoilery and AFAIK I also got banned but it was my fault so I didn't get angry or anything. I'm not really that active on this site nowadays because of work and other things but I always visit this site every time a new movie is released just to see other people's reaction.

EDIT: What kept me here? The people are very friendly, especially at the metal threads.

What keeps me here: hardcore nudity! Lol no I'm just kidding. Just the quality of the conversation :)

Well, I'm glad your kidding, because everyone knows I only do softcore nudity. You know, the kind where I'm surrounded by candles and slowly eating a Hostess Suzy Q.

Oh heavens I am not familiar with that thing but I hope it's a dessert and not a person

If I remember correctly my firsts posts, which were on a different username slightly before this one, were commenting on how surprised I was at how they actually made Hugh Jackman's hair like wolverine's comic hair back around when that first x-men movie came out. Then throughout college this was my main online social hub. Now, it's something to read during my smoke breaks at work.

i remember you Calvin :up:
hope you can stick around more

I joined the Superman boards right around the time Ratner had joined JJ Abrams Superman movie, and was a regular there for a long time. Used to make fan trailers along with a bunch of other regulars in that forum. There were a lot of passionate discussions(Smallville was superhot at the time) but it was a lot less "cultish" than things are now. I stick around now cause I'm limited to home with my condition and this is about it for social interaction for me.

Apparently I can't create threads yet, so I guess I'll post this here! This is my first time back on this forum in like, seven years? I used to post here a lot under the name Sarge (originally Sgt Homestar because I was an irrepressible dork) and then Sarge 2.0. Anybody still here from the bad ol' days? Erzengel, Hunter Rider, AndthePickles, DBella,Equint77? I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of people.

(Shamelessly trying to get my post count up here so that I can improve what I actually have access to)

it is completely goddamn wild (and kind of awesome) to me that the thing that was basically the primary social outlet of my teenage years (i know, sad) is still an active thing. Good on ya, SuperHeroHype.

i remember you Sarge. Welcome back. some of those members are still around and some sadly have moved on from here, but hopefully they find their way back and visit sometime

2008 and I was banned from a forum for Cloverfield and joined here because of the hype around Iron Man.

I think what I like about the Hype is that you aren't punished for having an unpopular opinion. Do that on IMDB (rip boards) you're accused of trolling, do that on Youtube, you're downvoted, do that on Reddit, you'll get thumbed down to Hell. I've changed as a person, and I'd probably be embarrassed to see some of my earlier stuff (sorry, Mrs Wayne). But even if I let myself get hyped up to the moon, I'd always get a rational response in return.

Now, I'm a bit more cynical (and hopefully level headed), but I still have things that I wouldn't want to say on Facebook that I'm free to say here.

" I like Sam Raimi's early Spider-Man installments more than Homecoming", for example ;)

What brought me here? Back in 2005, I was stuck at home recovering from surgery and noticed the X-Men 3 news on the hype in a yahoo search...

What keeps me here? The never ending onslaught of film news, and crazy posters... and since the IMDB boards are RIP... here I am...

Last edited:
What brought me here?

I joined around the time Chris Nolan was announced as attached to a new Superman film. I'd previously been on Smallville forum, and someone recommended this place to me to talk about the new film.

What kept me here?

I got to know people :) I started to really feel like part of the community, and that what I contributed was valued. I even shared about my life (hello relationship thread lol), won a 'best girl' award and this forum became much more than just a superhero discussion for me. It was like a second home.

I don't come here often anymore, but when I do, I always feel welcomed back :)

Mostly Marvel comic book films and books with a side of Star Wars, Game of Thrones. :)

all the Dark Knight hype in 2007 brought me here. I lurked for a while then pulled the trigger

now i stay for all the movie rumors/news and comics

Just post Spider Man 2 I found the site and lurked then the anticipation of Superman Returns got me hyped and so I enlisted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"