Has the Hype Changed Your Opinion?

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
In the "site modification" sticky someone said that there should be a forum to discuss the "useless" things, implying that the main Community Hype is actually "usefull" for something. So that lead me to wonder, has the Hype changed you in any way? Are you more knowledgeable? More informed? Wiser? Doing more with your life? Doing more for your family, your community, the world? Is the Hype actually more than just fun, is it usefull?

do you mean the hype or community

To think the hype hasn't enlighted any of us in terms of superhero news is kinda foolish.

I think your points are kinda more about community. Is that a right assumption to make?

It sure helps beat the heat outside. :csad:

Plus I get most of my Yahoo news here. :o

November Rain said:
do you mean the hype or community

To think the hype hasn't enlighted any of us in terms of superhero news is kinda foolish.

I think your points are kinda more about community. Is that a right assumption to make?

True, but Community is the nexus of the Hype and some folks in the outside world would probably consider superhero news to just be for "fun" and not really educational.

redmarvel said:
True, but Community is the nexus of the Hype and some folks in the outside world would probably consider superhero news to just be for "fun" and not really educational.
not really, there are plenty of members that never even come into community. I know i didn't for quite a while when i joined the site.

whether fun or not, the hype has definitely provided a means for a large proportion of us to become more informed on news based on superhero based characters.

I think your Thread question, and what you are asking in your opening post are not quite the same thing.

Besides, there are plenty of activities out there that may not actually be globally useful but offer a form of escapism or a means to communicate with like minded people which may end up providing a peace of mind that is useful in the long term.

The hype in general has allowed me personally a means of communicating about things that i have a passion for but have also probably caused me to be less productive at work than i should be. Saying this, it allows me to be able to get on with something when things are going slowly at work, so it's a double edged sword with its benefits and downfalls, pretty much like most things in life.

it's open my eyes to a lot of things and has spread my knowledge of fictional events and has also helped considerably with my typing (which i couldn't do at all when i joined but i'm pretty much typing at the speed of ******ed thought now) but apart from that, I don't think its changed me but none of my other hobbies have either.

:confused: Only 3 voters and 4 posters to the thread...

I guess the Hype really doesn't affect people much.

It seems that since I came to the Hype, I've grown more assured more lively. But it also seems that before the Hype, I had a heart.

It helps me learn about Superhero movies.

And a place to use up my free time when I'm stuck at home.

JLBats said:
It seems that since I came to the Hype, I've grown more assured more lively. But it also seems that before the Hype, I had a heart.
So basically, you traded your soul to the devil?

Since I never watch anything other than cartoons/movies/Psych/Monk, I don't hear anything about what's going on in the outside world. People post news topics here that I wouldn't hear about otherwise. So ya in sense, the community is useful to me.

Fan Art helps me as an artist, but mostly the Hype is just a fun way to pass the time and avoid the sun.

I've learned a lot of things on the Hype!, I'm just not sure how 'useful' some of them are.

Although... there was the night I was at a party with a bunch of drunk Marines and one of them decided to pantomime peverted sex acts for us to guess... I wouldn't have known the names for nearly as many had it not been for the Hype!

It's a quote from Born to Kill:(

Half of my favourite movies today and most of my favourite comics I got a hold of because they were suggested on the Hype.
I guess that makes me a sheep... but a sheep with good tastes.
Other then that I don't know. I didn't want to help an old lady cross the street three years ago, and I still don't want to bother today. :)

LadyVader said:
I didn't want to help an old lady cross the street three years ago, and I still don't want to bother today. :)

I didn't want to help an old lady cross the street before I joined the Hype.

Now, I'd probably push her in front of a bus and post pictures of it:down:(

i love the hype and would be probably moderately lost on the net without it!

My english has improved a lot....

I've learned lots o' stuff

It provided lots of fodder for many things and projects that got only half way through

and it's o so fun to say stuff to the newbies and make some of them cry.

Hype's cool

I convinced Kainedamo that there could be a God after he stated that there can not be such a thing as God once.*shrug*

I've learned a lot from the different experiences of posters from around the world in the serious-topic threads, had good books, music and visual art recommended to me that I may not've run across on my own...gotten help with technical information. Stuff like that.
But it's primarily for entertainment.

DOG LIPS said:
It sure helps beat the heat outside. :csad:

Plus I get most of my Yahoo news here. :o

a la Terry78 threads.

Where's the Yes it's useful because it's fun and convenient option?​

Actually... one time, the Hype! changed my opinion.

When I first got here I thought that Organic Webshooters Blew, but then after experiencing the Hype! I learned that Organics Sucked!!!!!!!

My typing and english has improved a ton. Plus,I know how to research internet sources a lot better.

Not directly, but I've made some friends that I'd hate to lose here. And they have taught me, stuff that I'd never have learned otherwise. Bee it about the internet, about myself, or just about people in general. And I've become a better typist and artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"