• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

What areas of the Hype do you frequent?

Comics, SHH Community Forum, Fight Club, Spider-Man boards, the various DC boards (particularly Justice League and The Flash TV section), and the movie boards.

I love it here...a place where I can talk about comics and everything in between

What brought me here was Batman vs Superman...the Wolfgang Peterson version. At the time, it seemed like it was actually gonna happen. Jude Law and Colin Ferrell were allegedly going to be Superman and Batman, and the film would be out by 2004. Didn't end up happening, of course.

Recently, I took a month or two off from coming here. What brought me back was the recent Batfleck rumors. I find scoops/info here that I wouldn't on my own, plus there are some posters and conversations I still like reading.

The DCEU forums (against my better judgement), the Batman forums, and the Misc. Film Forums

Video Game boards, Community boards, and a few occasions in the DCEU boards whenever there's a hubbub going around.

So you're saying you're always in there.

I used to belong to this site years ago as Silent Knight. And I came back because IMDb (foolishly) killed off their message boards. Goddamn I hope that site dies a death. Such a terrible decision and it ruined an institution of the internet. There were trolls but there was some really great conversation there too.

Spider-Man 2 brought me here.

What keeps me here? The discussions, and the fact that these forums are a great place to read up on movie news.

I was brought here as a sophomore in college looking for info on the upcoming 2002 Spider-Man movie. I stayed because I loved that I finally found people with the same interests as mine. These days I lurk the political forum, as I feel better reading posts of people that more or less agree with my opinion of what is going on. People in the real world....not so much.

I'm new here. I love discussing superhero movies, but the recent shutdown of the IMDB boards has left me without a place to call home. Adrift, I stumbled upon these boards, and I like what I see so far.

I came for Batman movie news.

I stay for the political forum and occasional opportunities to abuse my power.

What Brought You to the Hype and What Keeps You Here?

I started lurking during the build-up to The Dark Knight Rises, and eventually decided to join.

I stay because I enjoy being part of a site where I can discuss films, television, wrestling, comics or any other nerd-interests that I may have.

Also, the meatloaf is pretty good in the cafeteria.

I tend to pay the most attention to the Black Panther forums and the Wrestling Thread. But, sometimes I lurk in the Star Wars forums, the Avengers forums, and the Batman forums, among others. Generally, when a big story breaks (new film/tv series, trailer, casting announcement, etc.), I tend to lurk in the corresponding thread to get an idea of how other people are feeling about it.

Also, the meatloaf is pretty good in the cafeteria.
Someone complimented the food here. :wow:

I'm honored you approve of the chef I personally handpicked for this mansion place.

I started lurking at milleniumfalcon.net before Star Wars - The Phantom Menace. I lurked there before each prequel but lost the link so I googled to find it and ended up at superherohype.com. I remember a thread 'superhero fails' and 'versus' battles. Maybe that was another site. It's been a while.

Underneath it all, a shared love of what gripped us as children with a love of comics and holds us together as adults, inspiring debate and creating friendship, how life should be.

What brought me to the Hype was The Dark Knight and it's marketing. I needed something to distract me after the death of my father and the Hype was it. What's keepin gme here is how active it is with regards to the number of users and how varied the number of threads there are. Just about anything I can think of discussing I can discuss here. There are lots of laughs, and a great community. I regret that I'm not a larger part of it, but I still love posting and chatting with everyone here.

I came also looking for the latest on the dark knight, I turned batman begins on when I was going through a bad break up and fell in love, and when I heard about TDK I started following immensely, it was a decent forum with some good discussion for me at the time.

I find myself spending more time creeping, and picking and choosing where I post, as it's been quite some time and I've grown a lot.

Lately, I dont know what keeps me here, I think theres very few opinions that I truly appreciate on here anymore but I don't know if thats because I'm older and wiser or if its just because it's rehashed opinions.

I try to stick away from a lot of the political discussions, and lately stopped frequenting the "lolpics" thread, just trying to maintain the good DCEU discussion, flash, arrow, and the soccer thread, and of course the Art thread's, what the people do there are just marvelous.

I mostly stick around because it's habit by this point and I enjoy the inane banter we all have about whatever comes up.

I came for Ghost Rider news for the first movie. There were some nice people and I had many conversations. I met some nice people, but most are gone. One close friend just left the Internet completely so this will be my last post.

Hello all,

I am new to SuperHeroHype, and I wanted to create a thread to say hello and introduce myself. When i clicked on the 'create thread button', i was created with the following:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

I am sorry for asking these questions here, but i couldn't find a means of contacting the admins/moderators. I did see the private message system, but that doesn't seem to have info on how to contact the mods. SO i'm asking here and I hope you'll forgive me if this counts as spammage, it is not my intent.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"