Comics Is it true that in the comics, Psylocke got her TK powers from Jean Grey?

TheNewSlayer

Civilian
Reaction score
Only recent that I was reading her wiki page it was when I noticed that they mention that at first she only had telepathic powers and then later I guess in the 80s or something, Jean Grey helping Betsy to deal with Shadow King, accidentally swap their powers and Psylocke got Jean's telekinesis and then, kept ever since.

Psylocke original power was only telepathy, the ninja skills was after the body swap with the Asia ninja, but he telekinesis was only after Jean swap her powers.

Did anyone read here this story from the begging to end? I'd like to know more details that I can't find online. I'd like to know the name of the comics where this happens.

Yes it's true.

It's when Chris Claremont picked up the book again and they did a 6 month in-story time jump. Supposedly they were going to go back and address all the changes the characters had gone through in the missing time period, but Marvel editorial decided on switching gears and a lot of the setup was left without any payoff. Plot threads were dropped and, well, it was a mess.

I hate it.

The Telepathy/TK combination is supposed to be a rare occurrence. Now every other character has it, because reasons.

If they wanted to further update or augment Betsy, they should have left her with the shadow teleportation powers from the crimson dawn. It's a power set that suits a telepathic ninja to a tee, while keeping her more unique and less of a Jean Grey clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"