Is Spider-Man 3 the most disappointing superhero film ever made?

I will say with Spider-Man 3 I can see why it could be more of a surprise disappointment, everyone was back + Venom as opposed to X-3 who didn't have Singer and Marsden also being in Superman Returns plus the script being leaked which was bad, it being good would have been more of a surprise.

And while reviews for MOS was tepid, with so many sequels being better than the original especially in the genre (X-2, Spider-Man 2, Blade 2, TDK, TWS), there was room for optimism and seeing DKR Batman in the trailer was enough to catch people.

Bosworth played Lois like an A-hole

LOL, I think she was not exactly unlikeable but far from likeable, bland, pretty listless, unappealing I think especially compared to Kidder.

Spacey’s Luthor was some bizarre attempt to blend the Hackman version with the comic book version and somehow felt like neither.

I did like his version, pretty much just the Hackman version except believably more bitter and intense.

Routh had no personality and barely spoke

He was way too much of a non-presence as Clark and also far from impressive as Superman.

LOL, I think she was not exactly unlikeable but far from likeable, bland, pretty listless, unappealing I think especially compared to Kidder.

I did like his version, pretty much just the Hackman version except believably more bitter and intense.

He was way too much of a non-presence as Clark and also far from impressive as Superman.

Yeah, Routh’s (Daily Planet) Clark was portrayed as a wallflower, which isn’t a bad approach. The problem was that his Superman character ALSO came off like a wallflower, as did “real” Clark.

it isn't good but there are more disappointing movies (Wonder Woman 1984, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Suicide Squad 2016)

it isn't good but there are more disappointing movies (Wonder Woman 1984, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Suicide Squad 2016)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a much worse movie than Spider-Man 3 but I don't think anyone was expecting that to be good after the workprint cut leaked a few months before it came out. Add that to the disappointment that was X-Men: The Last Stand and the franchise was at a low point. First Class at least turned it around by only looking like a bad movie based on its marketing but actually turning out to be one of the best films in the franchise. That was one of the few occasions where most people thought it was going to suck, and with good reason. Who else remembers these posters?

s-arbUSQCkt2FZ8XsoZ6ETc30QOKJ3feuzQioC12X6A.jpg

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a much worse movie than Spider-Man 3 but I don't think anyone was expecting that to be good after the workprint cut leaked a few months before it came out. Add that to the disappointment that was X-Men: The Last Stand and the franchise was at a low point. First Class at least turned it around by only looking like a bad movie based on its marketing but actually turning out to be one of the best films in the franchise. That was one of the few occasions where most people thought it was going to suck, and with good reason. Who else remembers these posters?

s-arbUSQCkt2FZ8XsoZ6ETc30QOKJ3feuzQioC12X6A.jpg

I remember. I've tried to forget but I never can.

I think First Class was bad, it pretty much did TLS's errors even more so (cramming in too much story and too many characters and wasting too many of the characters).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"