Why are the 3rd film of movies never better than the films before?

There is this old article before X3 came out on AICN and it says that Singer was getting creative control taken from him so Rothman kinda pushed him away more than he abandoned it.

He does have a passion for Supes over all other characters. I think he made a bad decision leaving for Supes. Without him I still thought X3 was better than Sup. Returns. Both weren't that great though.
ironical, (on the topic of third movies being bad) Singer basically shoot him self in the foot, there…
by loosely basing SR as a sequel to SM2... making it a third sequel lol

though, I am not really the type to assume that Singers X3 would of been great,(never really cared for his style in the first place)
I guess I am one of the few who liked X3

but, to be honest, I think that the real problem with third movies, is the fans....yes...YOU lol

fans except way to much from third sequels, creating an impossible standard, that it couldn’t possibly live up to…
… instead of just enjoying them for what they are

that fact that they usally under go some type of change, rather it be with the director, the writers, or a forced character, or storyline (that the director does want to use so they half it, or just leave)...ect. doesn't help matters, cause we know how about fans hate change

LOL

there's been a couple of examples where the 3rd film has been better. Bourne Ultimatum. Return of the King.

but, to be honest, I think that the real problem with third movies, is the fans....yes...YOU lol

fans except way to much from third sequels, creating an impossible standard, that it couldn’t possibly live up to…

This makes no sense at all.

All the fans want is good movies. Especially from franchises which managed to deliver them.

It's not our fault when the film makers screw up. They don't need our help to do that.

that fact that they usally under go some type of change, rather it be with the director, the writers, or a forced character, or storyline (that the director does want to use so they half it, or just leave)...ect. doesn't help matters, cause we know how about fans hate change

LOL

We hate bad change. We like good change which suits the franchises.

Good change = Nolan's Batman, Singer's X-men, Riami's Spider-man, Incredible Hulk, Norrington and del Toro's Blade, del Toro's Hellboy

Bad change = MSJ's Daredevil and Ghost Rider, Pitof's Catwoman, Birds of Prey tv show, Story's FF, Singer's Superman, Ang Lee's Hulk, Goyer's Blade Trinity, Ratner's X3

I know it's sacriledge around here, but I liked X3. I don't read the comics, just watch the movies and enjoyed it. I even liked Spider Man 3. But there's definitely never been a full on comic book movie trilogy I've enjoyed through and through and can imagine the frustration from everyone else. I was hoping Blade 3 would take it all out of that funk but that was an embarassment. Our best shot feels like the next Batman, if everything falls into place

ironical, (on the topic of third movies being bad) Singer basically shoot him self in the foot, there…
by loosely basing SR as a sequel to SM2... making it a third sequel lol

though, I am not really the type to assume that Singers X3 would of been great,(never really cared for his style in the first place)
I guess I am one of the few who liked X3

LOL

I liked X3 too. It didnt feel like Singers but I enjoy it.

As for the fans...I can't blame 'em. If u r making a film with high expectations then you have to atleast come close. It's like having a Superbowl caliber team that can't even make the playoffs. Don't know what it would be like to have a Superbowl caliber team here in Cincinnati anyways. Fans can be critics too. And I would rather please the fans than the critics.

I know it's sacriledge around here, but I liked X3. I don't read the comics, just watch the movies and enjoyed it. I even liked Spider Man 3. But there's definitely never been a full on comic book movie trilogy I've enjoyed through and through and can imagine the frustration from everyone else. I was hoping Blade 3 would take it all out of that funk but that was an embarassment. Our best shot feels like the next Batman, if everything falls into place
I liked X3 and Spider-Man 3 as well. I didn't completley hate Blade: Trinity, but felt it could've done without Hannibal King.

lets not forget Blade Trinity & Superman III
it seems that most comic book films peek at the 2nd film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"