Most Intriguing Superhero Films NEVER MADE!

Kevin Smith's Daredevil run! :up:

Spider-Man 4.

The plotline leaks are unreliable, and even if they are reliable, that's not what Sam wanted obviously because he was trying to change it.

Very difficult choices....very. I would of loved to see Burton's Batman 3 and Singer's X-Men 3 but I think I will go with Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4....I had so much hope for the movie.

Goyer's Flash (as long as he didnt direct).

I liked what I heard about what he wanted to do with the Speed Force and was happy with the Reynolds casting.

the wonder woman movie that has happening.. then never did

how about kevin smiths green hornet, or stephen chow's green hornet, or supermax? any thoughts on those?

I go with Singer's X-Men 3. The franchise would be in a different (and better) place if that film was made.

This is a poll and a discussion to talk about what you think were the most interesting Superhero projects that, one way or another, we'll never see realized.

I compiled a list of some of them, if there are anymore that you guys want to add, do so. But it's interesting to speculate on these projects and say, "what if"?

James Cameron's Spider-man:
-Was to feature Electro and Sandman as villains, though they'd have different civilian identities.
-Was to be a little darker and maybe hard PG-13 if not R rated.
-Was going to feature a Pete & MJ sex scene.

Tim Burton's Batman 3:
-Would feature Robin Williams as the Riddler
-Presumably Marlon Wayanes as Dick Grayson/Robin
-Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face, though this idea was scrapped when they rewrote his role in Batman Returns and gave it to Max Schreck (the explosion at Schreck's party was going to scar Dent creating Two-Face).

Bryan Singer's X-Men 3:
-Possibly would feature Project Wide Awake and the Sentinels.
-Would NOT kill off Scott Summers
-Would feature Signourney Weaver as Emma Frost
-Jean Grey's Phoenix saga would have been paramount.

David Goyer's Flash:

-Would star Ryan Reynolds as the Scarlet Speedster
-Would delve into the physics of the speed force and offer effects "never scene before".

Bryan Singer's Superman: Man of Steel:
-Would bring back the core cast of Routh, Bosworth, and Spacey.
-Would be much bigger in terms of action, and tighter in story.
-Would be comprable to Star Trek : The Wrath of Khan. As in enough with pathos and backstory and on with the ass-kicking.
-Would feature multiple villains, most heavily rumored and brought up by cast were: Lex Luthor, Bizzaro and Brainiac.

George Miller's Justice League: Mortal:
-Was to feature: Batman (Armie Hammer), Superman (D.J. Cotrona), Flash (Adrian Brody), Wonder Woman (Megan Gale) Green Lantern (Common), Martian Manhunter and Aquaman were also featured.
-The film would begin with the death of the Flash and the Justice League uniting at his funeral. The fallen Flash would be Barry Allen, with Brody playing Wally West, the new Flash.
-The Omacs, Talia Al Ghul, Brother Eye and Maxwell Lord were all rumored to be featured as villains in various combinations.

A Chris Nolan directed Batman 3 with the return of Heath Ledger's Joker:
-Would feature another villain but the Joker would continue to be an ongoing threat.
-It was revealed by Aaron Eckhart that it was the plan to bring Heath's Joker back for part three.

Sam Rami's SPIDER-M4N:
-Would include Adrian Toomes (Played by John Malcovich) as the new owner and Editor-in-Chief of the Daily Bugle.
-Toomes would have an estranged daughter who was an combination of his own daughter from the comics and Felicia Hardy. Felicia was to be her name, though her last name is unknown.
-Toomes would be killed as the Vulture, or at least assumed dead and Felicia would blame Spider-man, either donning the Black Cat identity or the mantle of her father becoming the Vulturess to avenger her father.
-Felicia was to be played by Anne Hathaway.
-Peter and Mary Jane were to have a child.

What are other superhero projects that were never made that intrigue you? Joss Whendon's Wonder Woman comes to mind. Any other?

Let me know.

-R

Hard for me to pick any of these.
I read the script for Cameron's Spider-Man & I shall be ETERNALLY grateful it was never filmed. It was utter crap.
I hated Batman Returns so I doubt I would've been too psyched to see Burton take another crack at it.
I was always skeptical about Sentinels in a movie.
Not a huge JLA fan.
Never heard about Nolan wnating to continue on with the Joker.
I would LOVE to have seen a 4th Raimi film, provided that it was TRULY Raimi's film & didn't get micro-managed to death by Sony. And I really don't want Black Cat in a movie, either.

Though I would've loved to see The Man of Steel, I'm going to have to vote for Singer's X-Men 3. The prospect of him finishing his story is far too much to ignore.

At least he's back for First Class.

For me it was between:

- Singer's X3
- Goyer's Flash
- Nolan's Batman 3 with Ledger

I'm going to go with Singer's X3 even though I'm a little baffled at Sigourney Weaver as Emma Frost.

I'll get flamed for this but, an actual x-men movie, and and actual wolverine movie, the ones made were crap, yes all of them, when compared to source material.

Accuracy to the comic is obviously the only thing that matters when determining a super hero film's quality.

Burton's Batman 3.

The one that I was REALLY glad that never got made was New Line Cinema's Nick Cassavetes directed Iron Man.

Justin Timerlake was rumored to play Tony Stark
Howard Stark (Tony's dad) was going to be the villain
Howard Stark was going to use the War Machine armor to fight Iron Man

:doh::facepalm::wall:

Burton's Batman 3.

The one that I was REALLY glad that never got made was New Line Cinema's Nick Cassavetes directed Iron Man.

:barf:

Burton's Batman 3.

Please, please tell me you're not serious. Even the thought of this being an actual plan for Iron Man makes me sick.

I'll get flamed for this but, an actual x-men movie, and and actual wolverine movie, the ones made were crap, yes all of them, when compared to source material.

After all these years people are still angry wolverine did't wear yellow spandex

Well Batman 3 is happening, despite Ledger's death, so I'm not going to pick that.

Gotta go with Goyer's The Flash. Ryan Reynoldswould have been a pitch-perfect Flash and Goyer has written some great superhero scripts(though he can't direct for the life of him). A close second for me would be Singer's X3: Singer took the X-universe's convuluted history and overstock of characters and managed to make two of the best comic book adaptations ever made. Tying for third would be Raimi's Spidey 4 and Singer's Superman sequel, just for curiosity about what they would do with what they had.

Read the script for Cameron's Spidey. I like that it was set in high school, that Harry was more of a less dweeby version of Pete, and I believe it was Gwen Stacey(not MJ) who plays Pete's love interest. But the script wasn't that strong to me. It was kinda campy in some areas(particularly dealing with Doc Ock or the "love web"). Heck, Raimi's Emo Pete had nothing on Doc Ock's robot sidekick. Or his hairbrained idea to blowup the entire world due to a pinkslip. Or that said plans were thwarted by Gwen and Harry, Not Spidey!

Burton's Batman 3 I'm kinda interested in. I think Marlon Waynes can act(when given the chance) and as despite how campy his two Batman films were, I don't think the 3rd movie would be anywhere near as over-the-top as Batman Forever. However, from what I've seen from SUPERMAN LIVES, perhaps it's best that didn't happen.

That CGI Justice League movie they planned with Adrien Brody and other teen actors doing the voices can go straight to hell along with the planned HBO Preacher miniseries done by Mark Steven Johnson(Daredevil, Ghostrider). I mean Daredevil had it's moments, but Nic Cage as Ghost Rider?!? COME ON!!!

lmao! Spider-m4n, I always thought replacing letters with numbers in movie titles was really lame and it just makes me laugh.

I voted other. I wanted to see Ang Lee's Hulk sequel....but yeah...not happening. But of all those listed Singer's X-men 3 and Batman sequel with Heath Ledger would interest me most. Especially Singer's X3...it would've been soooo awesome. Instead he does the mediocre Superman Returns :csad:

I would also have liked to see Kevin Smith's "Superman Lives".

After all these years people are still angry wolverine did't wear yellow spandex

why does it always come back to yellow spandex? I wanted and still want the characters to have their full powers and personalities. I want to see a team movie I didn't mention costumes, but since you did, someting closer to the comics wouldn't have hurt, no not yellow spandex, let that die even in the comics.

Relax. I'm sure in time Fox will jump on the reboot bandwagon like everybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"