The Amazing Spider-Man More details on the Spider-Man 4 script....

Not as funny as the "Andrew Garfield is going to be the best comicbook actor ever - Better than RDJ and Chris Reeves" club.

Go look again. You really are dense. I said he "may." Why is it everytime I talk to you I have to spell everything out for you. You're like a child. It's getting really annoying.

Go look again. You really are dense. I said he "may." Why is it everytime I talk to you I have to spell everything out for you. You're like a child. It's getting really annoying.

I am a child but it is fine to say TOMG:awesome: Garfield may dethrone RDJ and Reeves:huh: You are reaching here, pretty high...just make sure the chair you are standing on doesn't wobble too much.

How about we wait to see a clip from the movie before you start clamoring over Garfield's ability to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Yeah that makes me laugh as well that some people think Raimi is God's Gift to Spider-Man,when he screwed so many things up in from the Spidey comics but they are quick to blame Sony for everything. Anyway I thank god that Sony canned Raimi's crappy SM4 script

Yeah that makes me laugh as well that some people think Raimi is God's Gift to Spider-Man,when he screwed so many things up in from the Spidey comics but they are quick to blame Sony for everything. Anyway I thank god that Sony canned Raimi's crappy SM4 script
I don't remember too many people saying that Raimi did/ could do no wrong. Way more people around here (outwardly) blame just Raimi than just Sony. I really don't remember any people just blaming Sony. There's certainly no one I've seen who's acting like Sam Raimi is just spotless and without blemish in this franchise. People just seem so bitter to me about all this for some reason... mostly on the anti-Raimi side.

I don't think I have seen one person on here blame everything on Sony and say Raimi did everything perfectly but I have seen people on here blame everything on Raimi for some reason and say that Sony was not at fault. That band wagon is filling up quickly.

Last edited:
When have any of us said Raimi is a gift from God? It's not even humanly possible to walk on water. He's just a great filmmaker who initiated the Spider-Man franchise successfully and numerous other comic book films. I mean we can't at least thank him for that can't we?

When did we all of a sudden start this Spidey forum Civil War? It seems like every thread is now Raimi bashing bashing Raimi lovers and Raimi lovers bashing Raimi haters. Seriously guys, chill out. We have 2 Raimi threads here. One for those who hate him. One for those that love him. Keep it confined there, please. This war is stupid.

Also, I don't think anyone EVER gave Raimi a free pass. We just disagree on whether Raimi or Sony shares most of the fault.

When did we all of a sudden start this Spidey forum Civil War? It seems like every thread is now Raimi bashing bashing Raimi lovers and Raimi lovers bashing Raimi haters. Seriously guys, chill out. We have 2 Raimi threads here. One for those who hate him. One for those that love him. Keep it confined there, please. This war is stupid.

Also, I don't think anyone EVER gave Raimi a free pass. We just disagree on whether Raimi or Sony shares most of the fault.
:up:

Well from what I read in the earlier pages of this thread some people were jumping to the assumption that Raimi couldn't make an SM4 story as bad as what was posted and started trying to say that it was Sony's fault despite them not even wanting the vulture to be used in the first place.

I posted a summary of what went on. Basically, SM4 wasn't going to be made but Sony somehow gets Raimi back and Raimi somehow gets the entire cast back and they start working on a script. We know for certain that Raimi wanted Vulture and Black Cat. They start hiring all these writers to come in and polish the script one after another. These are all people that Raimi did not hire, Sony did. We hear word that the movie has Vulture and Vulturess now and everyone is obviously disgusted by the idea of Vulturess. Raimi then brings on Alvin Sargent like he did with his past movies to what I would guess is undo what the other writers did and bring back his vision. Raimi then walks.

Those are the facts.

Sony already made Raimi cut Vulture and use Venom in the last movie so I would guess that they came in and messed around with the script again and Raimi had enough and walked. It makes no sense that Raimi, who is a huge fan of the original comics, would want to have Vulturess in his movie. We already know that Raimi tried to include Black Cat in his previous movies as well as the Vulture. I don't see how anybody would think that Raimi was demanding Vulturess be in the movie and Sony said no and fired him.

This thread is done considering that there is no "spider-man 4" and the thread had been made after they had announced the reboot.

:awesome:

Last edited:
Let's face it, those other forums are dead. Nobody goes in them. It's like the non spoilers section of forums. They're boring and I see tumbleweeds go by when I check up on them sometimes. We're simply looking at what was going to happen with SM4. Just because it's over doesn't mean we can't takl about it. Especially since SM4 lead to the reboot, in which they correlate.

If you insist, brb, changing signature :up:

Part of the "Raimi Walks On Water and Everything Bad Came From Sony" club, Thanks Dacman :D

That's funny. :up:

But I'm gonna have to disagree with the rest of your sig. I'd rather someone else play Banner than not have the HULK in the Avengers all together. I'd love to see Norton back, but the HULK is bigger than one actor.

Edit: DP

Last edited:
LoL @ the original spidey 4 script rundown. It reads like someone sat down and intentionally tried to think up as many plot points that would enrage Spidey fans....and then sorta combined them with recycled plot points from the original 3 films.

FaKe

Why would Sony bother Raimi is he was going to use both Electro and BC?

LoL @ the original spidey 4 script rundown. It reads like someone sat down and intentionally tried to think up as many plot points that would enrage Spidey fans....and then sorta combined them with recycled plot points from the original 3 films.

FaKe

Really? Imagine that. :dry:

This I do think seems more realistic than the other rundown we saw. But, I still don't think it is real.

This is Raimi's supposed third draft for what we could have had if Raimi was left alone. Could be fake, who knows.
http://www.mypdfscripts.com/treatments/spider-m4n-treatment

This would had a bit of validity, surely. Vulture and Electro would certainly be the best villains for the first reboot movie.

Reboot Movie #1: Vulture and Electro (Rhino and Dr. Octopus 20 second cameos)
Reboot Movie #2: Green Goblin and Lizard (Carnage 1 minute cameo)
Reboot Movie #3: Venom

Last edited:
5 years later and Peter is still faithfully trying to pass Connor's class. And we get treated to anoother "Spidey is responsible for killin my dad, Waaaaaa, I hate him" ala Harry and Norman.

Christ, that treatment sounded fake as hell. Some aspects were cool. But Electro was never apart of what we heard about in the rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"