The Amazing Spider-Man Moviehole scoops details on both scripts...

Any Spider-Man movie will make money, as long as it actually features Spider-Man and not some Spider-Man in name only that is a dark, broody vigilante like all the paranoid people think they will turn him into.

I don't see Sony changing the way they presented spiderman he was comedic in the films maybe not as comedic as the comics or tv shows but he had his wisecracks.It was very successful for Sony and made them lots of money this reboot is just more on relationships in HS from what i hear from the new script.

Well, starting it from in high school, we're already closer to the true material.

So SM4 was this:

Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter’s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.
I appreciate pushing the sfx envelope, Raimi, but get the f**k outta here with everything else. Wow. :funny:

I don't believe that at all. No way Sam would let Spider-Man go and kill someone.

Though, he didn't write it. In fact, he didn't want whatever they had. So even if true, I highly doubt Sam would let it slide on through.

The source is being vague, they probably mean he killed vulture in the same sense that Spidey killed Green Goblin (as in they fought but something other than spidey led to the villains death.

There were different drafts by different writers right? So it's possible info maybe from various script revisions that were never going to make it.

I also don't believe Peter gets over MJ.

It sounds like all around BS to me.

I don't believe that at all. No way Sam would let Spider-Man go and kill someone.

Though, he didn't write it. In fact, he didn't want whatever they had. So even if true, I highly doubt Sam would let it slide on through.

No... it specifically states he was pushing that plot outline.

My guess is he wanted the daughter of Vulture to be Black Cat and the studio went "Why make the Vultures daughter Black Cat? She should be... the Vultress!"

So yea, they are BOTH at fault for the ridiculousness of that plot.

How can that be the real story if the other more poplarized and supposedly true plot featured Peter and Mary Jane with a baby and the Vulture's daughter becoming the Vultress? The movie synopsis that this is has Spidey murder (huh?) and engaged to Felicia Toomes (I'm guessing that'd be her name) and after she dumps him, quitting being SM again (a la the end of act 1 in SM2) and likely had the audience rolling their eyes as that is a complete recycling of the story of SM2 and Harry Osborn's arc.

In short: I call BS.

How can that be the real story if the other more poplarized and supposedly true plot featured Peter and Mary Jane with a baby and the Vulture's daughter becoming the Vultress? The movie synopsis that this is has Spidey murder (huh?) and engaged to Felicia Toomes (I'm guessing that'd be her name) and after she dumps him, quitting being SM again (a la the end of act 1 in SM2) and likely had the audience rolling their eyes as that is a complete recycling of the story of SM2 and Harry Osborn's arc.

In short: I call BS.

Dream sequence, dude.

That...is the WORST sounding thing ever. See Raimi was the disaster we've all been saying.

you guys believe everything you read on the internet so it must be true

because Vultress being raimi's idea was'nt debunked the following week

Robert Pattinson being the new spdierman was'nt debunked

Alexander Skargard playing Thor was'nt debunked

JEH playing Sinestro was'nt debunked

okay don't kill me just yet. I just briefly thought that maybe for part 1 they could go with they could go with the whole datinga a girl who happens to be the daughter of the vulture. but no vulturess and don't have him work at the bugle.

This is why we need to have Matthew Vaughan directing. He will walk away if he feels it betrays the spirit of Spidey.

i love how people are looking forward to this say stuff along the line oh yes now spiderman can be done right with more spidey humor i cant wait.

LOLOL

Sony was fine making all that money the way it the humor was

this is the same studio my friends who forced a top tier director who made them a 3 billion dollar franchise wtf do you think they will do to the new director.Sony does'nt want to reboot because they feel it should be done they are rebooting it because they hate Raimi and dont want his team back.

Sony knows it is there money franchise and have to keep making films on it or Marvel takes it back.They are rebooting it because they want to keep the rights and make more moeny not because it was not done right

in a nut shell they are rebooting because they want more Money and so Marvel cant get there only superhero franchise

they want to make it dark and gritty because it is the new in thing making things dark

TDK and Watchmen came out recently also the new superman was rumored to be dark and gritty till they went into development hell.

You bet you're a#$. I don't defend some of the abortions Raimi put on the screen in SM3, but he did give us 2 good films IMO. At the end of the day it comes down to the suits and their money and they will ride almost any gargage truck right to the dump to get more of it. But as much as we don't like it without them we would have no Spidey movies at all, which would make us all Flash fans. The best I can do is hope Sony takes me out to dinner before they @$#! me........but I could be, and very sincerly, hope I'm wrong.

Moviehole has details on both scripts.

Basically for SM4:
- Spider-man 4 DID feature Peter and Mary-Jane with a baby.
- Vulturess was added in the script, at the request of the studio.
- Vulturess was a retooled version of Black Cat.
- Vulture was the editor of the Daily Bugle.
- Script was apparently pure crap.
- Raimi had lost hope in the project and walked.
- The studio also wanted to add a third villain.
- Anne Hathaway was gone from the project late last year (my guess is when Sony turned the Black Cat into the Vulturess).

For the reboot:
- The script is much better than the script for Spider-man 4.
- The script IS complete, and was finished at the same time as SM4, allowing the studio to compare the two.
- The script was commissioned as a contingency plan, should Raimi walk.
- Unfortunately, they describe the script as "more Dark Knight than Spider-man".
- The new film is the first part in a new trilogy.
- The aim of the script is to cut the "fluff" - which they speculate means no humour and a serious tone.

http://www.moviehole.net/201022855-caffeinated-clint-my-spider-senses
pukez.gif

I know this is an old thread that everyone has forgotten about but I really am curious to what Spider-Man 4 could have been, even this version where he allegedly has a baby and fights a thing called Vulturess. I hope Spider-Man 4 is at least released in the form of a comic book.

Scientific experiment gone awry.
Scientist goes mad.
Knows Pete is Spider-Man.
Kidnaps MJ.
Villain rips Spider-Man costume.
Villain dies.
Story ends.

Add to that: MJ and Pete try to communicate better this time, Peter gives MJ her turn to talk and listens instead of shutting her up to give her a pep speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"