The Amazing Spider-Man Moviehole scoops details on both scripts...

"he fits the description"

description of what? Ben Parker didn't tell the cops...

oh wait, there must have been eye witnesses who waited 4 years to tell them what they saw.... to bad they didn't do it earlier when Flint was in jail... nuts!

description of what? Ben Parker didn't tell the cops...

oh wait, there must have been eye witnesses who waited 4 years to tell them what they saw.... to bad they didn't do it earlier when Flint was in jail... nuts!

no no, you misunderstand

I was quoting the actual line the cops say when they see him on the street after the accident

Tell me, why would they completely take away the humour and wise cracks? Spider-Man is worth MILLIONS mainly because of the humour and wise cracking personality. It just doesn't make business sense. And that's all these studios care about right? $$$

Then you take into account that one of the big complains about Raimi's movies was there wasn't enough wise cracks... put 2 and 2 together.
Do you honestly think that studio heads are that smart?... Well, they're not. Sorry to disappoint you, but they're not. They know for a fact that they could simply "make it serious" because of the advertising-value. They know that. They may be smart to some people, but I see these guys as just being down-right greedy. If they want to make a great 'Spider-Man' movie. Be faithful to the comics. Don't take out the humour (which is what the article states, by the way).

I may sound pretty negative about this (and I am), but... all I want is for the studio to give us a true 'Spider-Man' movie. I don't want to see him act nor be around "serious" characters. Having to defend an article, like your doing, is pretty much useless. All the facts are there. I've read 'em left, right and center and I know I ain't imagining things 'cause I'm looking at it right now. If this is the way they're gonna reboot Spider-Man. Count me out. There's plenty more comic-book movies to look forward to in the future, and you aren't gonna see me wait around for a film that the studios are (pretty much) dumping out of their asses.

Do you honestly think that studio heads are that smart?... Well, they're not. Sorry to disappoint you, but they're not. They know for a fact that they could simply "make it serious" because of the advertising-value. They know that. They may be smart to some people, but I see these guys as just being down-right greedy. If they want to make a great 'Spider-Man' movie. Be faithful to the comics. Don't take out the humour (which is what the article states, by the way).

I may sound pretty negative about this (and I am), but... all I want is for the studio to give us a true 'Spider-Man' movie. I don't want to see him act nor be around "serious" characters. Having to defend an article, like your doing, is pretty much useless. All the facts are there. I've read 'em left, right and center and I know I ain't imagining things 'cause I'm looking at it right now. If this is the way they're gonna reboot Spider-Man. Count me out. There's plenty more comic-book movies to look forward to in the future, and you aren't gonna see me wait around for a film that the studios are (pretty much) dumping out of their asses.

That article didn't say there wouldn't be any humor. The website that wrote that article (Moviehole.net) SPECULATED it wouldn't have any humor. We can't assume it won't. We don't know yet.

TheJon.

You just said the studios are greedy? Er... yea exactly. So why would they try to fix something that isn't broken? That is like, the first thing you learn if you wanna be a successful business man. You never take risks, you keep doing what is making money. And Spider-Man cracking jokes and having a happy go lucky personality is a PROVEN way to make money. "Greedy" studios will not change this.

And seriously, if you're happy with ****ing ridiculous dance numbers etc, but don't wanna see great Spidey stories like Kravens Last Hunt or Death of Gwen Stacey, then I question whether you are a real Spidey fan. Because Spidey stories are not always light hearted fluff. That's FACT.

TheJon.

You just said the studios are greedy? Er... yea exactly. So why would they try to fix something that isn't broken? That is like, the first thing you learn if you wanna be a successful business man. You never take risks, you keep doing what is making money. And Spider-Man cracking jokes and having a happy go lucky personality is a PROVEN way to make money. "Greedy" studios will not change this.

And seriously, if you're happy with ****ing ridiculous dance numbers etc, but don't wanna see great Spidey stories like Kravens Last Hunt or Death of Gwen Stacey, then I question whether you are a real Spidey fan. Because Spidey stories are not always light hearted fluff. That's FACT.

technically the current spider-man movies are a proven way of making money, because...you know, they've made money.

Any Spider-Man movie will make money, as long as it actually features Spider-Man and not some Spider-Man in name only that is a dark, broody vigilante like all the paranoid people think they will turn him into.

I'm pretty sure, Ace is correct. People go to see the character. Not the actors in the film.

Superman isn't what he used to be in terms of pulling power. And Superman Returns was ****e.

Batman and Robin? Well, that's a case all of it's own.

The new Spidey films won't be on that sorta level. And I'd go as far as to say Spidey has more pulling power than Superman anyway. Especially now days.

Superman isn't what he used to be in terms of pulling power. And Superman Returns was ****e.

Batman and Robin? Well, that's a case all of it's own.

The new Spidey films won't be on that sorta level. And I'd go as far as to say Spidey has more pulling power than Superman anyway. Especially now days.
Bingo.

superman isn't what he used to be?

the bottom line is, if you have a recognised hero his name along isn't enough to sell the movie. the movie has to be kick arse as well. who the **** knew iron man outside of the geeks?

if someone made a kick arse superman movie people would watch it in droves, if spider-man had a piece of **** it would tank. and before someone pipes up with spider-man 3 was a piece of ****, no it wasn't it just wasn't a patch on the first two movies.

rest assured if this new movie is rubbish I think it will bomb, spider-man or no spider-man.

Well yea that goes without saying. If the new movie is a pile of crap it will not do well. It will probably have a great opening weekend, but word of mouth will kill it.

But if Sony are considering directors like Matt Vaughn, and revealing they want to pick a director BEFORE they cast anyone, that gives me a little more confidence.

Well yea that goes without saying. If the new movie is a pile of crap it will not do well. It will probably have a great opening weekend, but word of mouth will kill it.

But if Sony are considering directors like Matt Vaughn, and revealing they want to pick a director BEFORE they cast anyone, that gives me a little more confidence.

that's way I pity all the spidey fans wanting this movie to fail. if this movie fails you aren't going to see spidey on the big screen for years and years.

Well those people are more Raimi fans, not actual fans of the character Spider-Man. So it's not worth paying attention to them.

that's way I pity all the spidey fans wanting this movie to fail. if this movie fails you aren't going to see spidey on the big screen for years and years.
I can guarantee you if the rights go back to Marvel. Disney's going to be ordering them like hot cakes to get another Spider-Man adaption out. Disney bought Marvel for it's hot popular characters, well, you don't get much more popular Marvel, than Spider-Man.

I can guarantee you if the rights go back to Marvel. Disney's going to be ordering them like hot cakes to get another Spider-Man adaption out. Disney bought Marvel for it's hot popular characters, well, you don't get much more popular Marvel, than Spider-Man.

so, three versions of spidey in less than 12 years. marvelous. absolutely marvelous...

so, three versions of spidey in less than 12 years. marvelous. absolutely marvelous...
Ah, but we all know that Marvel Studios version of Spider-Man would be the most faithful and thrilling adaption.

However, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Ah, but we all know that Marvel Studios version of Spider-Man would be the most faithful and thrilling adaption.

However, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I'm waiting to see thor and cap movies because I KNOW marvel are going to do a comic movie that deviates from the comic source material and when that day comes (and its coming) then I can finally use that movie to shout down anyone that wants all the properties to revert back to marvel. I can't do that at the moment but believe me its coming...

I'm waiting to see thor and cap movies because I KNOW marvel are going to do a comic movie that deviates from the comic source material and when that day comes (and its coming) then I can finally use that movie to shout down anyone that wants all the properties to revert back to marvel. I can't do that at the moment but believe me its coming...
I can't see it really happening though. Why would Marvel deviate from what's already proven to make them money in the past?

I can't see it really happening though. Why would Marvel deviate from what's already proven to make them money in the past?

because somethings for whatever reason can't, or will look silly on the big screen. the comic and the big screen are two totally different beast.

for instance;
I think green lanterns constructs are going to look ****
I think thor's being pulled along by a hammer wont work

and so on

I thought the 'galactus cloud was utter **** but think about what the real galactus would have looked like, a 50 foot man with metal tuning forks sticking out of his head.

like I said marvel are going a good job but they are a studio like anyone else who have to keep an eye on the bottom line, money.

because somethings for whatever reason can't, or will look silly on the big screen. the comic and the big screen are two totally different beast.

for instance;

and so on

I thought the 'galactus cloud was utter **** but think about what the real galactus would have looked like, a 50 foot man with metal tuning forks sticking out of his head.

like I said marvel are going a good job but they are a studio like anyone else who have to keep an eye on the bottom line, money.
Heh, the Galact-cloud contained the giant guy himself though. You can see his outline inside it at one point.

And shush you about Thor and Green Lantern. :p

Heh, the Galact-cloud contained the giant guy himself though. You can see his outline inside it at one point.

And shush you about Thor and Green Lantern. :p

couldn't care LESS about GL (although I'm digging BN)
I'm a massive thor fan. thor is second only to spidey for me :yay:

for instance;

and so on

This is all what YOU think, lets wait until the movies come out before saying what looks good on screen or not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"