Most Intriguing Superhero Films NEVER MADE!

lmao! Spider-m4n, I always thought replacing letters with numbers in movie titles was really lame and it just makes me laugh.

I voted other. I wanted to see Ang Lee's Hulk sequel....but yeah...not happening. But of all those listed Singer's X-men 3 and Batman sequel with Heath Ledger would interest me most. Especially Singer's X3...it would've been soooo awesome. Instead he does the mediocre Superman Returns :csad:

I would pay handsomely to see a sequel to Ang's Hulk. I think Hulk is easily the most underrated comic movie.

I would pay handsomely to see a sequel to Ang's Hulk. I think Hulk is easily the most underrated comic movie.
TIH could have easily been a sequel. In fact, I personally consider it one.

TIH could have easily been a sequel. In fact, I personally consider it one.

I do the same thing, personally. Of course I'm a big fan of the Ang Lee movie. However, if one just ignore that one scene in the opening credits, it all fits pretty well.

Anyway, on the topic at hand. I find it a little difficult to answer this question if only because it's asking what the "most intriguing" movies never made were, which is a different animal altogether than movies that I most wanted to see that were never made. For instance, I think the development process of Superman Lives! and the movie itself is incredibly interesting to read about (I mean, c'mon, K? Lexiac? Superman not flying?) but there's no chance in hell I actually would've wanted to see the movie actually be released. The same goes for James Cameron's Spider-Man script with Carlton Strand and "Boyd."

Now, as far as stuff I would want to see?

My vote goes to Raimi's Spider-Man 4. Not with studio interference, though. I'd want to see what Raimi would have done with it if he was allowed free reign. Of course, I'm a big Vulture fan, so I'm still let down that he was robbed of his chance to be in a movie, aside from just being annoyed about this reboot nonsense altogether.

Another superhero film that never happened which is interesting to think about (though again, I'm glad it didn't happen) is the New Line version of Iron Man, that the Smallville guys wrote at least one draft for. It had a younger Tony Stark and pitted him against his father, Howard Stark, who would suit up in a War Machine armor at the end.

It's between Singer's X-Men 3, Burton's Batman 3, or Singer's Man of Steel.

I know this doesn't really count, but the idea of a "Bluntman and Chronic" movie in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back seems like it would be pretty awesome. Maybe Kevin Smith should write that up, even as a DTV animate film, as long as the main cast does the voices, including Mark Hammill as Cock-Knocker.

I went with Burton's Batman 3. The most intriguing thing about it for me would be the idea of avoiding Schumacher!

I know this doesn't really count, but the idea of a "Bluntman and Chronic" movie in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back seems like it would be pretty awesome. Maybe Kevin Smith should write that up, even as a DTV animate film, as long as the main cast does the voices, including Mark Hammill as Cock-Knocker.

"What kinda name is Cock-Knocker?"

*gets punched in the nuts*

"Avenge me...hemp knight."

Batman Trimphant :o

Superman V :o

Steel 2 :o

Roger Corman's Fantastic Four 2 and FOX's Fantastic Four 3 :o

Bret Ratner's X-men 4 :o

Batman Forever with Michael Jackson as the Riddler :o

And Of Course, Iron Man with Justin Timberlake as Tony Stark :o

I voted Bryan Singer's X-Men 3. I considered voting Burton's Batman 3, but with Singer's X3, that's a story that was just not finished, because he went off to do Superman (which turned out so well...). I almost feel like Burton took the Batman character as far as he could.

I'm going to go with Burton's Batman 3. We might've avoided Schumacher if Burton was allowed to make it, which is good, but on the other hand it might mean we would never have gotten Nolan. So I don't know if it would be worth it. Overall I'd have to say that I wouldn't go back and change anything.

Batman Trimphant :o

Superman V :o

Steel 2 :o

Roger Corman's Fantastic Four 2 and FOX's Fantastic Four 3 :o

Bret Ratner's X-men 4 :o

Batman Forever with Michael Jackson as the Riddler :o

And Of Course, Iron Man with Justin Timberlake as Tony Stark :o

Say WHAT?

Of the listed options, Goyer's Flash and Raimi's Spider-Man 4 are the two I'm most curious about.

Of all the unlisted unmade movies, I'm most interested the script William Goldman wrote for the (still in the works) Captain Marvel movie (original Fawcett hero); I've read impressions by people who had read Goldman's script and they're consistant in their praise. In the mid 90s the Wachowskis wrote a script for a Plastic Man movie - which I'm interested it because of the possiblity of a Plastic Man movie. I like the character, and think a Plastic Man movie has lots of great potential. IGN contributor Stax did a script review of it a number of years ago and put it up on IGN *LINK* -- overall it sounds the Wachowski's script could made for a decent movie -- I think their whole environmental angle would've bogged it down though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"