I've got a bone to pick with you mods.

I wasn't being sarcastic, i understand that mods have a lot of things to worry about, but posters do deserve to know why their threads are being deleted. Some of the times it's not even the problem of the idea of the thread itself, it's that those that answer it don't know what a "discussion" is and start flamming.
thank you
The posters don't "deserve" anything. The Hype is a free site that is probably very difficult to moderate on a daily basis. If they deleted your thread you can rest assured it was either redundant (another thread already existed), antagonistic or just off-topic. They can't be expected to PM everyone whose threads they delete, especially when some of them might fly off the handle.
even if I'm outnumbered it's good to know I've got at least one spoken person on my side.
This x100.
what I said to the ulcer x100.
I'll be honest and say I barely even remember you let alone what you are talking about. I only remember the name because it sticks out but the rest of it, not so much.

I might have called you out on something but you're hardly alone. I call out a lot of people and a lot of people call out me, and call out others. It's the nature of a discussion board. People get into spats, they make a lot of noise and then they move on.

Some people hold a grudge, others just forget it and move on. I have more of a problem with Charl Huntress than I do you and I get along fine with her outside of the occasional difference of opinion.

The way you brought this up and JJJ's response asking why you felt you deserved something, that is the only reason I even bothered to respond.

JJJ is right though, and there have been responses from moderators saying why you didn't get a response. You won't always get told why something was deleted or closed. I don't think they do it for fun or laughs so it's usually for a good reason.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=471515&highlight=

dude I get that I was being sort of a jerk with my words I even apologized for it a few times but I don't think anything excuses how he and you have to be so rude to me about it. THAT doesn't help anything, it certainly doesn't make ME feel any better and I'm obviously the one who was upset in the first place. And it's not like this rant has been for nothing; ComicChick was actually nice enough to PM me so letting my "voice" be heard actually worked.

………

Sigh.
What man. I'm not interested in making enemies. Why can't you just accept the fact that I was sort of upset about yeah maybe an arbitrary thing because it's online but the thing that started it has pretty much been sorted out...?

I wasn't being sarcastic, i understand that mods have a lot of things to worry about, but posters do deserve to know why their threads are being deleted. Some of the times it's not even the problem of the idea of the thread itself, it's that those that answer it don't know what a "discussion" is and start flaming.

i can't speak for every mod. when i delete a thread, if it's a big thing (rule violation, etc) I try to PM the person so they don't make the mistake again. i don't always have the chance to do this and sometimes it's so obvious i don't feel i have to.

The posters don't "deserve" anything. The Hype is a free site that is probably very difficult to moderate on a daily basis. If they deleted your thread you can rest assured it was either redundant (another thread already existed), antagonistic or just off-topic. They can't be expected to PM everyone whose threads they delete, especially when some of them might fly off the handle.

JJJ kinda hit the nail on the head, but a lot more succinctly than I probably would. it is extremely difficult to moderate daily. not only do we have to deal with bots, reports, ads, tech issues, people breaking rules, etc etc, we also come here to post because we like it here. we can't (and won't) contact any and every person when we "clean up". it's clearly not feasible, nor really realistic.

Yeah I know I'm sorry for being so harsh with my words admittedly in real life I actually am a lot harsher with my words (I curse a lot) but I feel like If I am not the least bit aggressive then the things that I do want to get across to someone like you will never reach the light of day. If my thread title wasn't so mean it probably wouldn't have caught on much attention right?

you don't have to be aggressive at all. you're thread title didn't draw me in, nor did your speech. i hadn't made it to this forum yet, i was alerted in the lounge to your thread and i immediately checked it out.

if you ask most of the users who have posted in here, you'll find i am a pretty amiable moderator. i will listen to what you have to say, BUT the answer you get will not always be the answer you want

i am southern and the saying goes you'll attract more bees with honey... just a thought for future reference :)

i can't speak for every mod. when i delete a thread, if it's a big thing (rule violation, etc) I try to PM the person so they don't make the mistake again. i don't always have the chance to do this and sometimes it's so obvious i don't feel i have to.

JJJ kinda hit the nail on the head, but a lot more succinctly than I probably would. it is extremely difficult to moderate daily. not only do we have to deal with bots, reports, ads, tech issues, people breaking rules, etc etc, we also come here to post because we like it here. we can't (and won't) contact any and every person when we "clean up". it's clearly not feasible, nor really realistic.
the ulcer is just telling it like it is then, but I still don't agree that it is okay. I get that mods have a whole lot to deal with but I'll keep on saying it, with great power comes great responsibility...so because of that I believe mods ahve teh responsibility to notify members when their contributions to the forum are ridden of.
you don't have to be aggressive at all. you're thread title didn't draw me in, nor did your speech. i hadn't made it to this forum yet, i was alerted in the lounge to your thread and i immediately checked it out.

if you ask most of the users who have posted in here, you'll find i am a pretty amiable moderator. i will listen to what you have to say, BUT the answer you get will not always be the answer you want

i am southern and the saying goes you'll attract more bees with honey... just a thought for future reference :)

wow, another person in the lounge talking smack about me huh. I never get love around here but whatever. I'll be that person to hate even if I don't think I deserve it.

I appreciate your help though, even if I wasn't able to make a difference at least I got what I wanted. By the way, if a thread like this is allowed to exist I don't see why mine wasn't.

they weren't talking smack about you at all. so no need to jump to conclusions. you are overreacting a bit there.

I appreciate your help though, even if I wasn't able to make a difference at least I got what I wanted. By the way, if a thread like this is allowed to exist I don't see why mine wasn't.

perhaps because your thread was created a few weeks later and they're essentially duplicate threads. so no need for both

they weren't talking smack about you at all. so no need to jump to conclusions. you are overreacting a bit there.
it's just that if they were talking about me at all I can't imagine them saying anything nice.
perhaps because your thread was created a few weeks later and they're essentially duplicate threads. so no need for both

... a duplicate? that thread is comparing the two spidermen actors and mine was comparing the sequel from the first trilogy to the sequel of the second trilogy. what they have in common is comparing the two different series but they are in no way duplicate threads.

Dude, she's been nice enough to come here and explain everything you asked, and you're still arguing?

You remind me of a needy and petulant child. Just let it go and move on. I'm sure CC has more important stuff to do than tend to your every complaint.

Dude, she's been nice enough to come here and explain everything you asked, and you're still arguing?

You remind me of a needy and petulant child. Just let it go and move on. I'm sure CC has more important stuff to do than tend to your every complaint.

what is YOUR problem dude? I never did anything to make you my own personal enemy and you're acting like my behavior here is evidence enough to judge entirely as a person.

I thanked her for her help and now I'm just having a normal conversation, if it comes off as arguing that's not what I meant to do, I'm just further pointing out some imperfections here but it's whatever. There's no arguing going on, you're just trying to antagonize me, I'm not making any more "demands" at this point.

it's just that if they were talking about me at all I can't imagine them saying anything nice.

you weren't mentioned period. all they said was, Hey CC, theres a thread in Tech you should check out. the end.

... a duplicate? that thread is comparing the two spidermen actors and mine was comparing the sequel from the first trilogy to the sequel of the second trilogy. what they have in common is comparing the two different series but they are in no way duplicate threads.

well perhaps it was deleted because mods have been adamant about no threads comparing/vs/etc between the Raimi trilogy and the new TASM films. it's been mentioned many times to keep the raimi stuff and the TASM stuff separate.

like i also said before, not my section. not my call, but these are my assumptions.

well perhaps it was deleted because mods have been adamant about no threads comparing/vs/etc between the Raimi trilogy and the new TASM films. it's been mentioned many times to keep the raimi stuff and the TASM stuff separate.

like i also said before, not my section. not my call, but these are my assumptions.

well that's why I pointed it out. that thread was made in the ASM forum comparing the protagonist from raimi's series to webb's series but it still there. And yeah I understand it's not your forum to supervise I'm just pointing out how it doesn't make sense.

wow, another person in the lounge talking smack about me huh. I never get love around here but whatever. I'll be that person to hate even if I don't think I deserve it.

In case you're wondering I was the one who was 'talking smack' about you in the lounge. I had already responded twice to you and saw CC was in the lounge when I was so I told her about this since you badly wanted a mods opinion. Most of the others here likely came from the link I left.

In case you're wondering I was the one who was 'talking smack' about you in the lounge. I had already responded twice to you and saw CC was in the lounge when I was so I told her about this since you badly wanted a mods opinion. Most of the others here likely came from the link I left.

Okay yeah I realize that I took it a little far by just assuming people were saying bad things about me but more often than not I find people here DON'T say nice things about me anyway. That's why I had that mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"