Jackman, Weisz and Pattinson Join Captives

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=55491
Source: Variety
May 13, 2009

Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz and Robert Pattinson will star in the period drama Unbound Captives, with Madeleine Stowe making her directorial debut from a script she wrote, reports Variety.

Gil Netter and Grant Hill will produce with Ashok Amritraj's Hyde Park Entertainment. They are eyeing a year-end production start.

Though Stowe's a newcomer behind the camera, getting the job and landing that cast is a payoff for her risky decision to turn down millions of dollars for the script in 1993. Under pseudonym O.C. Humphrey, Stowe teamed with her husband, actor Brian Benben, to write "Unbound Captives" as a star vehicle for herself.

She would have played a woman (now to be played by Weisz) whose husband is killed and her two children kidnapped by a Comanche war party in 1859. She is rescued by a frontiersman, to be played by Jackman. Pattinson will play the son.

I love a western and the reteaming of Jackman and Weisz is good news.

Madeline Stowe.........now there's a name I haven't heard in years. Her husband is on "Private Practice."

Whoa. Sounds pretty intriguing.
I wonder how Jackman and Pattinson will work out as playing father and son.

I kinda dislike Jackman nowdays...

We'll see.

I wonder how Jackman and Pattinson will work out as playing father and son.

I read somewhere else that Pattinson is playing Weisz's son in the movie.

And several women I know nearly exploded when I mentioned that he and Hugh were doing a movie together, so I'm assuming this was smart casting. :oldrazz:

Sounds like a good movie. I haven't seen Madeline Stowe in ages, it's too bad she didn't get a chance to play the role herself as she planned when she wrote it. Rachel Weisz is amazing in anything, so that's great casting too. :up:

Oh probably lol. I just assumed :D

Well they did karoake together in Japan, I really wish there was some footage of that haha.
I agree. It's been so long since I've seen Weiz on the screen and can't wait to see her in this.

I hope this turns out well. It's nice to see a prominent lady director pop up :up:

Well they did karoake together in Japan, I really wish there was some footage of that haha.

I heard about that karoke night, too bad there's no footage of that floating around somewhere. :oldrazz:

I agree. It's been so long since I've seen Weiz on the screen and can't wait to see her in this.

She's good in anything. And she and Hugh were amazing together in The Fountain, so it will be nice to see the two them in another film again.

They should probably do one to promote the movie! :D

I still need to see The Fountain! It's probably going to make me even more excited to see this. Both great actors acting opposite each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"