Swamp Thing James Wan is bringing Swamp Thing to DC's streaming service!

I missed that part. went back and yeah now I get it

Doom Patrol...
Nope, not for me at least. I far preferred Titans. I just couldn't get on with Doom Patrol, four episodes in and I just had to give up with it. Wasn't doing anything for me.

Episode 10 was compelling, I just loved the way they handled Swamp Thing's inner and existential turmoils.

I'm just disappointed by the lack of more action scenes involving Swamp Thing and the hunters, and then the post-credit sequence totally disappointed me because (many aspects):

Matt is gonna die.
The Floronic Man looks too much "Swamp Thing-ish".
It's way too easy for him to become the Floronic Man, just eating some milligrams of matter taken from the Swamp Thing... WTF?
AND THEN: why did he refer to Swamp Thing as "Alec Holland" again, getting viewers confused about it? That sucks.

Nope, not for me at least. I far preferred Titans. I just couldn't get on with Doom Patrol, four episodes in and I just had to give up with it. Wasn't doing anything for me.

Same here. Felt Doom Patrol was too slow for me. Prefer Titans much more.

Maybe I have ADD or something but I need some action to keep my attention

Well, I rewatched Episode 10 tonight and I must say that the second viewing is even better.

I have a theory to make the post-credits scene work and make sense:

1- I guess the post-credits scene is set two days later... because Matt was walking and he was wearing fresh clothes...

2- I guess the "Darkness"/ROT reached Jason at the prison and turned him into Floronic Man, combining with the Swamp Thing mutagenic material he had previously ingested.

3- Jason talked about "Alec Holland" because his mind was still confused and his memories were "fuzzy".

Honestly, the whole "Weirdo DC/ Vertigo" vibe with Stuff like Doom Patrol was never my thing. Gee, Superheroes acting like goofy normal people. Not for me, but I like it's got a loyal audience. Just like with the comic, rising tide raises all ships...

Just got through this series. I really liked it. It's a shame as I would say this was DC's best tv show. It took its time with a lot of set up for characters and could have used more action, but I really got invested in these characters and would have liked to see them explored more.

Also, does anyone else wonder if the
Blue Devil guy's arc was a backdoor pilot they were hoping to spin off? I found it funny he never interacted with Alec/Swamp Thing depite the show establishing they knew each other. I think it would have been funny to see how his character would have interacted with Swamp Thing. Would have made for some funny scenes which would offer a much needed offset to the darkness of the show imo.

This has recently become available to watch here so I decided to give it a go and has just now seen the first episode. It was actually pretty good and that scene in the morgue was some Carpenter-Thing stuff right there, really cool.
I have to say though I'm bothered/annoyed by certain stuff. Things like Holland having earphones on while breaking into someones house while there is a damn corpse in the next room, I mean really?

Then there's the fact that he has a lab filled with chemicals and dangerous plant-toxins or whatever and he lets his dog run around in there unsupervised while he's not there?
One of those boxes in the water (with a big red flashing light) was located so close to his lab and he never noticed it before? Come on.

I'm planning on watching one or two more episodes but I hope I won't find more stuff like this to nitpick.

Don’t know if anybody heard but the complete series is now on blu ray. I just bought my copy at Best Buy.

I wish people would stop commenting in this thread. I keep thinking it's been revived and/or saved. :(

I found the series on DVD today. Watched the first 2 episodes.....pretty good so far.

Sorry Flash525.....but I had to comment on this. Be prepared for me to comment again in a few days when I finish it.

Just finished the season....I liked it, wish there would be more seasons. Decent ending, not totally satisfying....would have preferred a more closed one. All in all a good series. It was nice to see Adrienne Barbeau show up in an episode.

Next, I'll be on the lookout for this movie -
Blue%20Devil%20Movie%20Poster_5c116fd29c0dc4.73549927.jpg

This show was definitely the best DC Universe show created so far, IMO (I know many would argue Doom Patrol but I just find it too boring for my taste). I feel like Titans has too much action, not enough substance and vice versa for Doom Patrol. Swamp Thing, however, bad the perfect mixture of both.

Saw it trending and got all excited for a minute. :argh:
Then you know how I felt when you bumped this thread. :argh:

JK, thanks for the heads-up. Glad to hear it'll be airing on a non-subscription service. It deserves to be seen by more people. But damn, they're definitely gonna have to censor it on The CW. :(

Then you know how I felt when you bumped this thread. :argh:

JK, thanks for the heads-up. Glad to hear it'll be airing on a non-subscription service. It deserves to be seen by more people. But damn, they're definitely gonna have to censor it on The CW. :(
I figured it was best to share that feeling all around. :o:smgs:

Wan is pimping it as a chance to show how much people loved it and want to see more. I'm skeptical of it leading to anything regardless of how widely received it is, but I said the same about Young Justice. o_O

Well I'll certainly give it my viewership again when it airs, for all the good it will do (I use YouTube TV, which is apparently measured by Nielsen, so it might actually help a little!). I'll be interested in seeing how much they have to cut for broadcast, anyway.

I figured it was best to share that feeling all around. :o:smgs:

Wan is pimping it as a chance to show how much people loved it and want to see more. I'm skeptical of it leading to anything regardless of how widely received it is, but I said the same about Young Justice. o_O

Surely if the CW have acquired the rights to the show, then they can potentially revive it? Granted, the tone may need to shift a little, but there's nothing to stop them placing it on a different Earth if they didn't want to mix the likes of Flash and Star Girl with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"