Jason Statham on The Incredible Hulk

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Clint @ Moviehole: It was just announced that Louis Leterrier has signed on for the “Hulk” sequel. Will you be his Hulk?

Jason Statham: That's great news. I have done 2 films with him. I am really pleased for him, I am going to see him. He emailed me the other day. He wants me to be Hulk's hairdresser.

Short but sweet.

hmm.. he's too built to play Banner.. if he was used as the 'model' for a CGI Hulk, I guess that would work.. but besides that, i'm hard pressed to think of something he could play, and play to his martial arts/fighting skills.

I suppose they could upgrade Tyrannus to having combat skills.. or he could be one of the Pantheon guys.. but the Pantheon angle would take a whole movie to address properly..

soon we'll be seeing the HULK doing some kung-fu fighting...****!

I think Jason's having a joke at fanboys' expense with that last quip.

Seriously, let's not read too much into it.

SUPERBENITEZ said:
I think Jason's having a joke at fanboys' expense with that last quip.

Seriously, let's not read too much into it.

Let's not read much into it????? How 'bout lets not read into it at ALL. lol. serriously.

Jason Statham is Bond. James Bond.

NOT Bruce Banner.

Dominic Purcell fits Bruce Banner in some ways, but he's bulkier than Statham is.[at least he was for Blade III and he doesn't seem small in 'Prison Break'.]

Let's be honest. A fully mobile, healthy Stephen Hawking in his prime is Bruce Banner.

*flees thread before joke reaches the masses*

And the wonderfully fun and insane (but unfortunatley not very good) 'Crank'.

Advanced Dark said:
Star of the Transporter films.
i thought so, it's just that someone was going on about bond, it put me off...

:confused:

do we know who banner is going to be yet?

November Rain said:
i thought so, it's just that someone was going on about bond, it put me off...

:confused:

do we know who banner is going to be yet?
nope, and we wont know till end of the year, i think.

does that mean iron man is scheduled to be finished before the hulk is?

Well Iron Man starts filming in January 07, and Hulk is targeting April to start filming. Iron Man has a release date w Hulk doesn't. I'd love to see Hulk open as a holiday release but I know that won't happen but it would be an island of an action film coming 4months after the most current superhero release.

November Rain said:
does that mean iron man is scheduled to be finished before the hulk is?
wont it?... IM is starting before TIH. I think like IM, they would cast the movie or the lead a couple of months before they start shooting.

heh, i think the hulk is going to have officially the longest wait for a sequel ever in this genre...

:eek:

November Rain said:
heh, i think the hulk is going to have officially the longest wait for a sequel ever in this genre...

:eek:
what about SR?

it's not what i would consider a direct sequel (aka second film) of a series.

November Rain said:
it's not what i would consider a direct sequel (aka second film) of a series.
neither is this then ;)... different cast, different tone, nearly 5 years since the first, different director, different studio... and so on

we have our very own SR... :( ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"