Jason Statham Wants To Be Daredevil

Dear God, no. Jason Statham is a terrible rumor just like when people said Topher Grace will be Venom...Oh wait. :csad:

He doesn't do it for me...find another character for him...He likes the action aspect to the role, but it's the "crazy" aspect of DD that he lacks, imho.

I think that it would be interesting and cool to see Statham as DD. He certainly has the edge for the character. I've always said that a Daredevil film should be very violent and dark as hell. Probably even a rated R Daredevil film would be best.

I'm all for a studio giving Ol' Hornhead another chance!
Ya know, I've always envisioned Matt Murdock as having a faint to medium NY accent. (afterall, he grew up in Hell's Kitchen) I know that this is a petty gripe but I don't feel that Statham could pull one off. That would kinda disappoint me. I would like to see a bit more of the courtroom aspect of the character.
Sidenote: Imagine Miller directing a gritty, realistic/surreal take on DD and holding off on the green screen till some spectacular S.O.N.A.R. interpretations! That would be interesting, huh?

I remember going to see Daredevil when it was released and being totally underwhelmed. The only thing that didn't seem off with the film were the performances of Affleck and Favreau, and the chemistry between Affleck and Garner.

Having heard that the director's cut was far better I bought it for £4.99 on DVD and was pleasantly surprised. It is a much better film, and it's a pity the studio didn't use that as the theatrical cut. If they had I think they could have spawned a successful franchise.

But Jason Stathom? No. I don't mind him and think he's capable of better roles/performances than he appears in, but I can't see him as Daredevil.

Statham as Daredevil would rock, but I don't know if he could pull off Murdock though. Unless it's a rough and tough Murdock, then maybe.

He would sure make a heck of a lot better DD than Affleck, I can tell you that.

:daredevil

He would be a great improvement from Affleck. He was an emabarrasment.

I think Jason could pull it off.

Pull what off?

The ginger toupe that he'd need to wear as Matt?

;)

DareDevil recast

Matt Murdock/ DareDevil - Michael C. Hall
davidfisher.jpg

Bullseye - James Marsters
james-marsters-blog.jpg

Kinpin/ Wilson Fisk - No f***ing clue.
Gladiator - Javier Bardem
Javier+Bardem+Supports+Saharawi+Arab+Republic+CD8ER-RirEHl.jpg

awful casting no offense.

should have been:

DD Matt Damon
Bullseye Vin diesal
Electra ???

Hall is perfect for DD and Murdock... Damon would be "awful".

I like Clarke for Kingpin... I think it works.

No Elektra... just say no.

Pass on Bullseye for now... he was ruined, so he needs time toincubate so that he can be recast and revamped later. Bring in a different gangster, assassin type... Street Crime should be the theme.

You know, when I first posted this rumor I reallllly wasn't keen on Statham as Daredevil/Murdock. However, after seeing all of the angst just in this thread alone over it, I'm almost....ALMOST....hoping that it actually happens because the threads and ensuing forums over a film featuring him in the role would be sooooo damn entertaining. It would be like the old Catwoman forums and those were some hilarious days.

jag

I can't picture Jason Statham as Daredevil/Matt Murdock. Jensen Ackles as DD in a Frank Miller adaption, yes.

awful casting no offense.

should have been:

DD Matt Damon
Bullseye Vin diesal
Electra ???

How can you say "awful casting" and then precede to suggest VIN DIESEL.

Michael C Hall would make a fantastic DD

You know what? It's not a bad idea at all. Jason Statham is in good shape, kicks all sorts of ass and he's a far better actor than Affleck (though ol Benny did do a decent job as DD/Murdock). I can't think of anyone better to play the part and have the power to back it up.

Let Hollywood roll with it! Statham as the next Daredevil!!!!

And while we're at it, someone do a good manip of him in a traditional DD costume.

Lou:

The problem isn't Statham as DD, its as Matt Murdock. We're supposed to believe this guy is a good lawyer.

Look at Joe Quesada's Matt Murdock. JQ tends to draw his characters with very long faces and Statham's got that Quesada appearance. With the right director, makeup and cinematography, it can be pulled off. As for his acting, well, he is one of the better acting action stars in quite some time. He actually has some range and I don't see how or why it is impossible for him to be believable as a lawyer. If you said Stallone, Van Damme or the CA Governor, was going to be Daredevil, I'd make the argument against.

Look at Joe Quesada's Matt Murdock. JQ tends to draw his characters with very long faces and Statham's got that Quesada appearance. With the right director, makeup and cinematography, it can be pulled off.

DDStathamcopy.jpg

..if somebody can color the hair red..

Big no to Statham as Murdock, yes to Statham as Bullseye. Big no to Miller as Director, yes to adapting his Daredevil.

Look at Joe Quesada's Matt Murdock. JQ tends to draw his characters with very long faces and Statham's got that Quesada appearance.

Joe Q is only one artist DD has had over the years.

Does Joe Q's Matt Murdock look like Statham? They are the same character. From what I've seen he does not.

Not that Statham is the only actor in Hollywood who could look like DD.

With the right director, makeup and cinematography, it can be pulled off.

I could say the same for the other actors if they got the role.

As for his acting, well, he is one of the better acting action stars in quite some time.

No, he isn't.

Matt Damon, Bruce Willis, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Brad Pitt are superior to him. Damon has a better acting range and looks more like Murdock.

He actually has some range

Not as much range as his action star rivals.

and I don't see how or why it is impossible for him to be believable as a lawyer.

Statham can play smart roles they just aren't on the same level of intelligence lawyers are supposed to be able to convey in court.

He lacks the ability to change his cockney accent, too.

These disadvantages wouldn't even come up if actors like Guy Pearce or Matt Damon got the part.

Statham would make a better Bullseye, Gladiator (Melvin Potter), or Taskmaster.

If you said Stallone, Van Damme or the CA Governor, was going to be Daredevil, I'd make the argument against.

Agreed.

Last edited:
How can you say "awful casting" and then precede to suggest VIN DIESEL.

Michael C Hall would make a fantastic DD

Well I can say it because it's my damn opinon thats why:hehe:

Now as to the validity...well I've not seen Hall in anything (least i don't think i have) so i'm going on looks and he doesn't look like DD or Matt to me. As for vin well it would be riddick in costume throwing knives instead of carrying them and I think that would be awesome:up:

Well I can say it because it's my damn opinon thats why:hehe:

Now as to the validity...well I've not seen Hall in anything (least i don't think i have) so i'm going on looks and he doesn't look like DD or Matt to me. As for vin well it would be riddick in costume throwing knives instead of carrying them and I think that would be awesome:up:

And I still say Michael C. Hall is perfect as Matt Murdock.

Dudes even got Matt's ginger 70's hairstyle down perfectly :woot::-

dexter_208_0138_thumbnail.jpg

Is that better lookwise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"