Jason Statham Wants To Be Daredevil

Dammit - I'm in work and can't see those images ^^^^. They don't allow pic hosting :cmad:

I'm sure what you posted looks kickass though, CK.

Yes to the top pic meh to 2 and 3.

What's he been in how is his acting these are the things i care about I need actors for my heroes.

Yes to the top pic meh to 2 and 3.

What's he been in how is his acting these are the things i care about I need actors for my heroes.

Six Feet Under and Dexter. Both Emmy nominated highly acclaimed shows. Dexter is one of my favorite shows. Hes got a real brooding edge in Dexter but also does a secret identity thing because hes actually a serial killer so hes a real likeable guy during the day, but a real brooding guy at night most of the time. Both shows are on Showtime. Six Feet Under is over though. Being on Showtime they are much higher quality especially all of Showtime's line-up which is probably the best on television (FX is second :D )

I might have to check that out then sounds like a cool concept.

Joe Q is only one artist DD has had over the years.Does Joe Q's Matt Murdock look like Statham? They are the same character. From what I've seen he does not.
DDStathamcopy.jpg
But here's the thing, Statham has the long face that Joe Q recently drew. And because of he and Kevin Smith, he is one of the more popular renditions. That is what I"m basing this particular casting on. And this manip, if it were red hair and in a suit, is a general idea.

Matt Damon, Bruce Willis, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Brad Pitt are superior to him. Damon has a better acting range and looks more like Murdock.
But they are not all strictly action stars. They've also done comedy, drama, sci-fi. What I mean about JS is that his resume has a higher percentage of action movies than those you just listed. He may not act as well as those guys. But he is in the same category of Stallone, Arnold, Van Damme, even Dolph Lundgren, and the best actor of that particular bunch. He may never win an Academy Award or even a SAG Award, but if I were to choose out of that list to be Matt Murdock, I'd choose JS.

But here's the thing, Statham has the long face that Joe Q recently drew.

And?

And because of he and Kevin Smith, he is one of the more popular renditions. That is what I"m basing this particular casting on. And this manip, if it were red hair and in a suit, is a general idea.

I don't care if it was one of the most popular renditions.

Looks are not all it needs to be an actor especially for a complex role like DD.

You can get a better performance and appearance by Matt Damon, Guy Pearce or Michael C. Hall.

But they are not all strictly action stars. They've also done comedy, drama, sci-fi. What I mean about JS is that his resume has a higher percentage of action movies than those you just listed. He may not act as well as those guys. But he is in the same category of Stallone, Arnold, Van Damme, even Dolph Lundgren, and the best actor of that particular bunch. He may never win an Academy Award or even a SAG Award, but if I were to choose out of that list to be Matt Murdock, I'd choose JS.

Whoever they get for DD isn't just going to hit people in every scene. They have to convincingly show us they're Matt Murdock. That takes serious acting skill.

That's why they're better action stars then Statham.

For DD to work you need someone more talented in acting then Stallone, Arnold, Van Damme or Lungren.

I can see Hall as Murdock/Daredevil. As stated before, the split-personality aspect of Dexter sells it for me.

I never thought of Michael C. Hall. Great choice! He is excellent on Dexter.

Statham as Daredevil, cool, Statham as Matt Murdock, I dont know about that one.

Still M.C.H for me.

I'm convinced that he's perfect for the role in the same way that Patrick Stewart was perfect for Prof. Xavier or Bale for Bruce Wayne; you just knew that they were seemingly born to play the role. Not just solely based on looks either, but also the knowledge that they have the acting chops to do justice to the roles.

earthwios23.jpg

Sadly, the excellent 'Dexter' is gonna come to an end at some point. After his critically lauded efforts, it's inevitable that he'll be rewarded with a big movie.

C'mon Marvel - make it happen.

when will marvel sue Fox to drop the DD rights already? they're not doing anything with it.. grrr...

Didn't have a problem with the casting of Kingpin.

Simply put, MCD was the best (and probably still is) matched actor for the role around.

And I stress the word actor. No wrestlers, please.

so we can get a proper Kingpin too

Boo on that comment... MCD was a great bit of casting for Kingpin. He was the only damn thing that worked in that disaster film.

Really, there is no reason to make superhero parody films... just show DD.

Didn't have a problem with the casting of Kingpin.

Simply put, MCD was the best (and probably still is) matched actor for the role around.

And I stress the word actor. No wrestlers, please.

I don't have a problem with Michael Clarke Duncan either. I just wanted to see a Kingpin just like the one we see and love :woot: in the comics

They can use anyone now, with all those body suits and stuff

Why complicate things needlessly with body suits, camera angles and cgi?

Sometimes the best effect (both in end result and cost) is acheived in-camera; and the best way to get that is by casting an actor who is close to the physical requirements in the 1st place.

Literally the only difference between Fisk and MCD was the colour of his skin; that change never bothered me because it wasnt a change for changes sake. It was a change that necessitated the casting.

Agreed... I felt that he portrayed Fisk right on target... It is not like they chose a different race / ethinicty and made him a gang-banger or grease-ball mobster, or columbian drug boss. He was still the Fisk that we all know.

Exactly, RS.

It was a pretty faithfull adaption of Fisk.

I can definitely see him as daredevil. But matt? Now that's a differant story, he can fight n he's believable, but playing a blind man? There's where I draw the line.

Well it seems that there's only 2 things standing in the way of Marvel making a kickass DD movie: I'm pretty sure that Fox still holds the rights and that Marvel have an already full plate for a while with all their other projects in development. I'd absolutely LOVE to see it happen, though! DD needs a 2nd chance!

Exactly, RS.

It was a pretty faithfull adaption of Fisk.

Not really cause Kingpin is really, really fat. He's strong and muscle underneath but that dud is fat we need a sumo wrestler cast:D

:wow:Hey put down the knives guys I was just kidding...sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"