Javascript Error on Youtube

Dark Phantom

Sing for me!
Reaction score
Hi,
Recently, I've had a major problem with playing videos on youtube.com. Everytime I try to watch a video I haven't seen before it always says:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash player.

I've followed the instructions listed here:

<B>Javascript or Flash error message
Occasionally when our site is experiencing heavy traffic, this message can display regardless of whether ... (more) or not you do in fact need to install Flash or enable Javascript. If this is the case for you, please just try again later using a fresh browser window, or try using another browser altogether.
The other possibility is that you actually don't have Javascript enabled, or Flash installed. These are required in order to watch a YouTube video.
To enable javascript using Internet Explorer:
  • 1. Select the 'Tools' option from your browser's tool bar
  • 2. Select 'Internet Options' from the Tools menu
  • 3. Click the Advanced tab on this next popup
  • 4. Scroll down and locate the 'Use Java' option and ensure that it is checked.
If you are using a different type of browser, you may need to read through the help documentation to determine how to set your Java settings.
To install the latest version of flash, it is available for free at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/

</B>

I've re-installed Flash over and over. I've checked to see that my javascript is enabled. Plus, I contacted customer service, but I haven't gotten an answer yet. I have no idea why youtube can't consistently play videos.

Does anyone know how i can fix this problem to prevent it from ever happing again?

Hi,

I had the same problem and tried pretty much everything you described. After many days of searching I stumbled across thread that suggested that that you UN-install flash first.

I did that using adobe's software found here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

THEN reinstall it. (oh and don't install with a browser open.)

I tried that and boom, I was watching YouTube videos again.

I hope this helps!
Greg :O)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"