Jennifer Garner headed for another Marvel movie role?

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
Source
Comic book film fans should know Jennifer Garner. After several successful seasons of the hit TV series, Alias, she made her breakout film debut as Elektra Natchios, the love interest to Ben Affleck's Matt Murdock in the 2003 Fox film Daredevil. Two years later, she reprized the role in the Elektra spin-off film; which received poor reviews from both movie critics and comic fans.

AvengersNews.com, who broke the scoop of actor Kevin Pennington's Marvel Studios contract, is now relaying another tidbit of insider information regarding Marvel movies. According to their source, Marvel Studios is "looking at actress Jennifer Garner for an upcoming, undisclosed role."

A few months ago this rumor may have been shot down fairly quickly considering Garner's past portrayal of a Marvel Comics character on screen. Since then, though, actor Chris Evans, who previously played the role of Johnny Storm/Human Torch, has been cast as Steve Rogers/Captain America for Marvel Studios. Both Evans and Garner have portrayed Marvel Comics characters in two Fox Studios films; The Fantastic Four and Darecevil/Elektra, respectively. Both franchises are currently being rebooted by Fox with new casts and story lines.

The only two Marvel produced movies currently in production are Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers; with Edgar Wright's Ant-Man still in the distant future. Could Marvel Studios be thinking about adding another comic movie veteran to their current film slate?

I don't know... I kinda see Maria Hill as more of a Milla Jovavich type, but that's just me.

The Wasp seems a good fit for her. She-Hulk would work also, I guess, but only as Jen Walters. Scarlet Witch and Elektra are both too exotic to work for Garner's girl next door look.

The only one of any of these roles I like her for at all is She-Hulk. While I think this may come across as an insult to her (which it is not), she doesn't fit what I would see the body type of Wasp as at all. She seems really tall with kind of a broad should/muscular build. I am not saying she is like, manly or anything. I think she is an extremely attractive woman, it's just that she has a more muscular/athlete frame. For Wasp, I feel like you should really go for one of these petite actresses that look like they could just float on air already, like a Kristen Bell or Eva Longoria body type (not that I am suggesting Longoria for the role. I have actually never seen her act before).

I first thought Wasp, but I agree completely with Donnie Darko. Janet is petite. She would make a good "Mantis".

I see her as Jen Walters for She-Hulk. She'd probably do the voice for She-Hulk as well, as I'm guessing they'll make She-Hulk herself CGI. Maybe do motion capture animation like they did with Andy Sirkis as Gollum in LOTR? I think that would be the best way to go.

I liked her Elektra, but I see her more as the Wasp. It wasn't her fault Elektra had a lousy director.

Scarlet Which would be perfect!!!!!!!!11

I see her as Jen Walters for She-Hulk. She'd probably do the voice for She-Hulk as well, as I'm guessing they'll make She-Hulk herself CGI. Maybe do motion capture animation like they did with Andy Sirkis as Gollum in LOTR? I think that would be the best way to go.

Unlike Hulk, She-Hulk still has relatively human proportions with regards to her body. She's just a bit larger. No need for CGI with her,IMO. Forced perspective would work just fine.

hmm... I guess we'll see what comes of this.. or not.. If it happens, I hope it's a role where she gets something to do, some real action..

Of those two choices? I'd go with SW.

Quick Question...was there ever any more news on the Eva Longoria story from last year?

Well if it happens, it happens. I like to believe more but its only a rumor for now. So... while the idea sounds good, I'm not sure if Garner would do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"