Marvel Reaches Interim Agreement with Writer's Guild

that's great news.
now they can start SM4, work a little more in Wolverine, start writing Cap, Thor...

Spider-Man and X-Men are in the hands of Sony and Fox, respectively. So they're still stuck right now.

Anyway, this is excellent news. I was getting worried about Thor and the second '09 film, so it's good to hear that they'll soon be back on track.

Spider-Man and X-Men are in the hands of Sony and Fox, respectively. So they're still stuck right now.

Anyway, this is excellent news. I was getting worried about Thor and the second '09 film, so it's good to hear that they'll soon be back on track.

I just said that!:bh:

I don't think it's going to end soon. I think the writers are waiting until the actors are about to go on strike because SAG supports them and Hollywood will absolutely cave to SAG's demands.

Just saying man, that's what the buzz is right now. They are already in informal talks. The DGA was also in informal talks before the formal talks and an agreement was made pretty quickly after the informal talks started.

Just saying man, that's what the buzz is right now. They are already in informal talks. The DGA was also in informal talks before the formal talks and an agreement was made pretty quickly after the informal talks started.

So hopefully Spidey 4 will be back on track post haste! :liz:

I know, that's what I said the post above Blader. Why are you retelling me things that I have already said?
Spider-Man 4 and Wolverine are still delayed because Sony and Fox hold the rights.

This is great news. I'm surprised I didn't see it earlier. Cap and Thor need to happen on the big screen.

I still don't know how they are getting in another major movie next summer... C.A should be a July release... there isn't enough time now... unless they start shooting in a few months... which obviously won't happen... Thor will probably get done but its still going to be a light year.

I still don't know how they are getting in another major movie next summer... C.A should be a July release... there isn't enough time now... unless they start shooting in a few months... which obviously won't happen... Thor will probably get done but its still going to be a light year.

Thor can very quickly get back on track because there is already a script. It just needs some very minor tweaking to fit the budget.

Captain America or Ant-Man, that one I'd be worring about.

Thor can very quickly get back on track because there is already a script. It just needs some very minor tweaking to fit the budget.

Captain America or Ant-Man, that one I'd be worring about.

Probably wont happen. We'll get Thor next summer for sure...possibley Ant-Man by Summer's end or even later (I dont expect Ant-Man to be a "tent-pole" film)...

Count on Cap and The Avengers by 2010...:word:

Probably wont happen. We'll get Thor next summer for sure...possibley Ant-Man by Summer's end or even later (I dont expect Ant-Man to be a "tent-pole" film)...

Count on Cap and The Avengers by 2010...:word:

Like I said, I'd be worrying about Ant-Man and Captain America. Unlike Thor, they should still be in the heavy script development phase and Captain America doesn't have a director. I think Ant-Man has more of a chance to get the 2009 slot than Captain America at this stage.

I don't think we'll get an Avengers film by 2010. From the way Favreau and Norton sound, they want to get into actual sequels. The third Hulk film will probably deal with the Leader and the second Iron Man film to deal with Tony Stark's alcoholism and have villains such as the Mandarin and/or Fing Fang Foom.

I think we'll be seeing it this way:

2008 - Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk
2009 - Thor and Ant-Man
2010 - Captain America and Nick Fury
2011 - Iron Man 2, Hulk 3, minor character
2012 - Thor 2, Captain America 2, minor character
2013 - Avengers, minor character

Like I said, I'd be worrying about Ant-Man and Captain America. Unlike Thor, they should still be in the heavy script development phase and Captain America doesn't have a director. I think Ant-Man has more of a chance to get the 2009 slot than Captain America at this stage.

I don't think we'll get an Avengers film by 2010. From the way Favreau and Norton sound, they want to get into actual sequels. The third Hulk film will probably deal with the Leader and the second Iron Man film to deal with Tony Stark's alcoholism and have villains such as the Mandarin and/or Fing Fang Foom.

2009 - Thor and Ant-Man

I actually think that they'll have Avengers before sequels, especially if they're planning on setting the Avengers up in IM and IH. Also, it's IH 2, not Hulk 3.

I'm pretty sure Hulk 2 and Iron-Man 2 may come out in 2010.

Spider-Man 4 and Wolverine are still delayed because Sony and Fox hold the rights.

Wolverine is a full go, with filming to start very shortly. Any script issues will be handled on location and very under the table. If you don't think that the director and Hugh (producer) are going to tinker with lines as they go, then you're wrong. There won't be any written pages but you can't stop an actor form improvising.

Wolverine is a full go, with filming to start very shortly. Any script issues will be handled on location and very under the table. If you don't think that the director and Hugh (producer) are going to tinker with lines as they go, then you're wrong. There won't be any written pages but you can't stop an actor form improvising.

I know that, I was only repeating what was said earlier for a joke.

2009 - Thor and Ant-Man

I personally think IM will be the primary launchpad to introduce the broader Marvel universe and feature cameo appearances of other characters... I don't think Sam Jackson is getting his own movie... its pointless... let him be featured in small roles here and there... I am just happy they got a name of that calibur... he's the perfect actor to have cameos here and there... Marvel shouldn't have two major tentpoles in one year... this was the first year so its okay... but they should go back to one big movie one small movie a year approach... and try to target holiday or Spring releases with the smaller characters... that said... Thor will definitely be 09... C.A certainly in 2010... then a sequel the next year... but I don't think everyone is getting a sequel. But if I had to pick one I'd say IM most likely gets a sequel. As for Avengers... I'd give it four to six years.... if they wait six though... I got a feeling actors like Norton will leave... that's why I try to get it out as soon as possible, hopefully by 2012/13 latest. Hopefully looks something like:

2009 Thor, (bullsh:t movie like Black Widow to make up for the strike)
2010 IM 2, C.A (not exactly low budget but to make up for 09's strike)
2011 TIH 2, Nick Fury
2012 Thor 2, Ant-Man
2013 Avengers, Black Panther
2014 IM 3, Hawkeye
2015 Hulk 3, Luke Cage
2016 Thor 3, Iron Fist
2017 Avengers 2 (New Roster... Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Panther, etc.)
2018 Heroes for Hire, Dr. Strange

^ not a bad list there, but you're forgetting Wolverine, Magneto, and Spider-Man 4. Those movies, especially spidey will play a large role in what films will be released in one year. By the way it seems, Marvel doesn't really want block busters to compete with each other in the same year, which is reasonable. Recall that Spider-Man and X-Men never released in the same year, and following the release pattern, Spidey 3 would have come out in 06 but X3 was coming out then.

Marvel doesn't control the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man franchises. Sony and Fox can do whatever the hell they want with them, even compete with them.

I personally think IM will be the primary launchpad to introduce the broader Marvel universe and feature cameo appearances of other characters... I don't think Sam Jackson is getting his own movie... its pointless... let him be featured in small roles here and there... I am just happy they got a name of that calibur... he's the perfect actor to have cameos here and there... Marvel shouldn't have two major tentpoles in one year... this was the first year so its okay... but they should go back to one big movie one small movie a year approach... and try to target holiday or Spring releases with the smaller characters... that said... Thor will definitely be 09... C.A certainly in 2010... then a sequel the next year... but I don't think everyone is getting a sequel. But if I had to pick one I'd say IM most likely gets a sequel. As for Avengers... I'd give it four to six years.... if they wait six though... I got a feeling actors like Norton will leave... that's why I try to get it out as soon as possible, hopefully by 2012. But if they do it as you outlined above and everybody returns then its perfect.

Nick Fury is getting a movie though. It already has a script writer and now a star.

Marvel doesn't control the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man franchises. Sony and Fox can do whatever the hell they want with them, even compete with them.

But just think about how crowded its going to be in the next few years... Spidey four definitely in 2010/2011... Fox has X-Men spinoffs... hopefully both will be in 09 since that is shaping to be a light year... I'm sure they can get Magneto in for the Holiday release... but after that... if Spiderman has three more films... we could be seeing Iron Man, Spiderman, X-Men in the same summer... its makes no sense for Marvel to compete against franchises that are only going to make Marvel more recognizable than it already is... ... and we haven't even talked about DC... and I understand that those movies are independent of one another but that's not the point... the reality is the comic book films are starting to overload... and it will soon wear thin on the GA... that's why Marvel needs to focus on one major tentpole movie a year... in an ideal world we'd like to see Marvel Studios four major characters all get two movies and then an Avengers movie... but that isn't realistic... I think the GP has been exposed enough to the Hulk... and Captain America should be one big epic movie... so if I am Marvel I am sticking with Thor and IM long term and getting Avengers out ASAP, with one tentpole per summer... I am not really counting Ant-Man and Fury as tentpoles... there shouldn't be more than three major comic book films in a summer... it benefits all parties in the long run... that's why I don't like the idea of releasing IM or Hulk sequels in the same year... or any combo of those four characters... Marvel has plenty of other stuff they can get to without breaking their bank.

And I don't see Sam in a Nick Fury movie... but I can see him in a SHIELD movie where we are introduced to a bunch of characters... maybe they call it Nick Fury... I think it will get another title though if they even make a movie like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"